News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > SpursReport Sports Zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-10, 02:59 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

SR **Annual Fantasy Football Thread**

Hello all! As some of you may know, I try to make this thread every single year. This is a thread where you can bring up anything and everything about fantasy football! I don’t claim to be the most experienced FFB player but I do know a thing or two …….I’ve been doing FFB for about 10 years and really enjoy talking football with people. Bring up any questions about your upcoming draft, players to watch, sleepers, busts, etc. let’s have fun with this. In a week or two, I will be putting together my top 10 fantasy picks for the upcoming season. Please feel free to add your top 10 and any other helpful information pertaining tio FFB. Most importantly…….have fun!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-10, 05:05 PM

my bad......didn't mean to to the thread in the Spurs forum....MB thanks for moving it
Old 07-28-10, 05:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think hakeem Nicks is in for a big year.
Old 07-29-10, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I think hakeem Nicks is in for a big year.
Possibly but Steve Smith had a huge year for the G-Men last year. I think he won't quite be as poductive this year but still is a solid low-end #1/high-end #2 WR for a upcoming draft.

You could take a chance on Nicks as your #3 WR, he could end up being a #1 option by the end of the year. It's just so hard to say with 2nd year WR's. But yeah, he could be in for a big year.

I personally would take Crabtree over Nicks as a 2nd yr WR sleeper. He's in a weaker division with no real threats from other WR's as the 1st option on his team
Old 07-29-10, 06:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Possibly but Steve Smith had a huge year for the G-Men last year. I think he won't quite be as poductive this year but still is a solid low-end #1/high-end #2 WR for a upcoming draft.

You could take a chance on Nicks as your #3 WR, he could end up being a #1 option by the end of the year. It's just so hard to say with 2nd year WR's. But yeah, he could be in for a big year.

I personally would take Crabtree over Nicks as a 2nd yr WR sleeper. He's in a weaker division with no real threats from other WR's as the 1st option on his team
Well I'm not saying nicks is a number 1 . But mark my words, he will be the Giants leading receiver. Steve smith had a good year, that's it. Well, half a good year until defense's gameplanned for him. I would also take crabtree, but Alex smith has to be a concern, weak opponents or not. Also, whoever has Steve smith as their number one, is in trouble. Having other good receivers on the team can be a good thing.. Take attention away from Nicks. Defenses can focus on crabtree being that he is the only threat outside of Davis.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 07-29-10 at 06:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-10, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Well I'm not saying nicks is a number 1 . But mark my words, he will be the Giants leading receiver. Steve smith had a good year, that's it. Well, half a good year until defense's gameplanned for him. I would also take crabtree, but Alex smith has to be a concern, weak opponents or not. Also, whoever has Steve smith as their number one, is in trouble. Having other good receivers on the team can be a good thing.. Take attention away from Nicks. Defenses can focus on crabtree being that he is the only threat outside of Davis.
You're right. Smith did only have one half of a season that was good but I still think that he will be the Giants leading WR. I think Nicks will also be productive but give me smith over nicks. Smith had over 1200 rec yds and 7 TD's last season. I think he will once again surpass the 1K rec yds and have right around 7 TD's if not more. I don't see his TD production going down next season. I think Nicks will be right at or around 1K rec yds as well but may possibly have less TD's. Who really knows what will happen. Being a low-end #1 option might be a bit of a stretch but if I end up with smith as a #2 WR, I'd be happy.
Old 07-30-10, 09:47 AM

Alright, here is my top 10 list for the 2010 fantasy football season. Please note this is only my opinion. People will always vary and argue with any list that is ever constructed…

1.“ALL DAY” Adrian Peterson
A lot of people have Chris Johnson as there #1 choice. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with that pick but lemmie explain why I’m going with AP over CJ. Last year Peterson had over 1800 all purpose yds and 18 TDs and that was considered a “down season” for him. Can you imagine what he can produce during a good season? Don’t get me wrong, CJ is a stud but teams are going to be keying in on him more this year and I honestly believe he’s just too small to carry the load and produce like he did last year. I’ll take Peterson any day of CJ for the power and ability to wear defenses down. I believe AP upside is just too valuable to discredit. Do fumble’s really matter in fantasy football? When the person is AP, they don’t.
Prediction- 1400-1700 rush yds, 300-400 rec yds, 16-19 TD’s.
2. Chris Johnson
Again, most people like him as the overall #1 pick. It’s not a bad choice by any means. And you obviously really can’t go wrong with either one of the top two choices. He will not produce B2B 2000 yd seasons. It has never happened and I don’t foresee it changing this year. With that being said, CJ should still get the bulk of the carries and produce heavily outta the backfield. Can’t go wrong with this pick.
Prediction- 1300-1500 rush yds, 450-600 rec yds, 15-18 TD’s.
3. Maurice Jones Drew
Most people thought MDJ production would change last year being the featured back and they were right. But it changed for the good! MJD is a beast! He the only weapon for his team and proved that he could carry the load as the featured back. I see nothing changing this upcoming season. The thing I love about MJD is his ability outta the backfield. Playing in a weak defensive division also helps! I see him and CJ having identical statistics seasons.
Prediction- 1300-1500 rush yds, 450-600 rec yds, 15-18 TD’s.
4. Ray Rice
This is where is get’s a little tricky. I was personally having a hard time deciding between Rice, Gore, and Turner as the #4 pick. I’m taking Rice because of his ability to stay healthy and the Ravens getting rid of McGahee. Rice will be the man in Bal next year. He’s a “mini-me” MJD. Has the same power/moves/speed of a MJD but is a little smaller. I also love his break away speed.
Prediction-1200-1300 rush yds, 500-600 rec yds, 11-13 TD’s
5. Michael Turner
This is my sleeper pick being in the top 5. We all know what Turner can do when healthy (see 08’ season and 1st half of 09’ season) but injuries is what looms heavy over his production. He’s a bit of a risk (the same can be said for gore) with the injury factor but has proven to be a top 5 RB when healthy. You can expect the same from him this year if he stays healthy.
Prediction- 1300-1500 rush yds, 150-300 rec yds, 10-12 TD’s
6. Frank Gore
I like Gore, I really do, but you have to consider his injured past. I like that he plays in a weak division and I like his ability to play outta the backfield. Hopefully his health will not be a factor this year. If you’re sitting with the #6 pick in your draft, it’d be hard to pass Gore up if he’s available.
Prediction- 1300-1500 rush yds, 300-500 rec yds, 9-11 TD’s
7. Andre Johnson
Yep, I said it, Andre Johnson. This guy is a man child! Hands down the most dominate receiver in the game today. By far, the best at his position when it comes to FFB. He will produce for you about as consistent as any top RB or QB out there. If I’m sitting with a low-end 1st rd pick (6-10) I’m taking him.
Prediction- 1400-1600 rec yds, 12-15 TD’s.
8. Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers will give Brees a run for his money this year in fantasy production but I’ll still go with Brees. Playing in a dome with an explosive offensive will do wonders for your game! So many weapons, so many choices, so many targets! Brees is a stud and will continue to be a stud next season. If you want a sure thing at QB and you’re drafting in the mid-low 1st rd then go with Brees.
Prediction- 4200-4700 pass yds, 35-40 TD’s, 8-12 int, 2 rush TD’s
9. Steven Jackson
He’s all the Rams have had for the past 5 yrs or so, I don’t see it changing. He did have off-season surgery on his back and he is playing with a rookie QB. But still, he’s a relatively safe pick in the low first rd/high second rd.
10. Flip a coin!
Ryan Grant or Aaron Rodgers? I don’t have the right answer for you. I’d say when in doubt, go with a RB. Most of the time you can never go wrong with a RB in the 1st rd. It doesn’t hurt that they play on the same team and if you’re picking #10 in a 10 man snake draft league, then get them both!!!!!!

Just missed the cut
DeAngelo Williams, Randy Moss, Cedric Benson, Shonn Green, Miles Austin

Last edited by esparzar1; 07-30-10 at 09:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-10, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Has anyone drafted yet because I just did. Unfortunately, I missed my draft so it was autopicked for me. Here's the team I ended up with. I like it for the most part, but it's way too RB heavy and I'm not sure what to do about that. I'm looking for trade, but I'm not sure who I should trade and who I should trade for. Any advice would be appreciated.

(10-Team League)

QB- Matt Schuab
RB- Ray Rice
RB- Rashard Mendenhall
WR- Miles Austin
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Santana Moss
TE- Brent Celek

K- Garrett Hartley

DEF- Green Bay Packers

BN- Fred Jackson
BN- Marion Barber
BN- Arian Foster
BN- Percy Harvin
BN- Lawrence Maroney
Old 08-16-10, 08:55 AM

synbas

For being on auto-pick, you had a hellava draft. Rice and Mendenhall are as good as they come for a 1-2 punch at RB. Schaub is a top 5 QB and Celek is a top 5 TE and you're also solid at WR with Austin/Marshall. Moss is worthless (I'd start Harvin over him b/c of the kick returns impact.) Barber is a solid #3, Jackson is worthless (did anyone get C.J. Spiller?) Your Def is solid, I'd try and find a better K in the FA market. But overall, if your team stays healthy, you should be in the running all year.
Nice job!
Old 08-16-10, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
synbas

For being on auto-pick, you had a hellava draft. Rice and Mendenhall are as good as they come for a 1-2 punch at RB. Schaub is a top 5 QB and Celek is a top 5 TE and you're also solid at WR with Austin/Marshall. Moss is worthless (I'd start Harvin over him b/c of the kick returns impact.) Barber is a solid #3, Jackson is worthless (did anyone get C.J. Spiller?) Your Def is solid, I'd try and find a better K in the FA market. But overall, if your team stays healthy, you should be in the running all year.
Nice job!
I like his kicker personally.. He is on the highest scoring offense. He came in late last year and was a little rusty. IMO, too many questions surround mendenhall. He has only done it for half a year, tomlin has zero patience for him, and they LOVE Dwyer. But he is in a good position. If he could only have flozell AND colon.
Old 08-16-10, 04:03 PM

yeah, I guess Hartley isn't a bad K.....really Kickers are a dime a dozen and there is not enough of a difference to be too picky about it.

I love Mendenhall as a #2 RB, IMO you can't get much better than that (at #2 RB) plus with Big Ben being out for the 1st 6 games you gotta love the running game of Pitt. Their O-line is a bit of a question mark but in a "run 1st/pass 2nd" offense, I'd take Mendenhall as my #2 any day

Last edited by esparzar1; 08-17-10 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-17-10, 01:32 PM

Top 10 WR's

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Reggie Wayne
4. Larry Fitz
5. Brandon Marshall
6. Roddy White
7. Miles Austin
8. Calvin Johnson
9. Greg Jennings
10. Rice (if Favre comes back)

I originally had Austin really high on my draft board but I think enough people know about him this yr, he still should have a great season but I don't know about a top 5 WR type of season. Fitz is a question mark due to the QB situation and the recent injury. Rice will be good if Favre comes back and I think both Jennings and C. Johnson are in for big years.
Old 08-25-10, 07:46 AM

wow.....this thread isn't getting much love...lol....anyway, has anyone had their draft yet? I'm set to draft next weekend (labor day weekend) I have three drafts going on that week
Old 08-25-10, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Just had mine Friday.

Romo
Gore
Pierre t
Moss
Jennings
Maclin
Cooley
Bironas
Giants d are my starters

Arian foster
Michael bush
Jhavid best
Devin aromashodu
Malcolm floyd
Kevin kolb are my bench guys.
Old 08-25-10, 10:33 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Romo
Chris Johnson
Jamaal Charles
Miles Austin
Brandon Marshall
Steve breaston
Jermichael Finley
Bengals d
Nate kaeding- is my other league. Which is PPR

Forte
Thomas jones
Aromoshodu
Meachem
Jerome Harrison
Bradshaw

Tried to get the backs that catch a lot of passes.
Old 08-27-10, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Just had mine Friday.

Romo
Gore
Pierre t
Moss
Jennings
Maclin
Cooley
Bironas
Giants d are my starters

Arian foster
Michael bush
Jhavid best
Devin aromashodu
Malcolm floyd
Kevin kolb are my bench guys.
Solid team! I absolutly love the depth of your bench. J Best could suprise some people and I think Foster/Bush are solid bench players as well. Floyd is gonna be a beast (at least until VJack gets back) and Kolb is a excellent #2 option at QB......IMO, the only thing I don't like much about your team is the DEF...too many questions surrounding them. But it's a very solid team. Was it a 10 man or 12 man draft?
Old 08-27-10, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Romo
Chris Johnson
Jamaal Charles
Miles Austin
Brandon Marshall
Steve breaston
Jermichael Finley
Bengals d
Nate kaeding- is my other league. Which is PPR

Forte
Thomas jones
Aromoshodu
Meachem
Jerome Harrison
Bradshaw

Tried to get the backs that catch a lot of passes.

I like this team more than your other one (although they're both solid). I think this one is a bit more balanced. CJ and Charles are excellent optionsand your WR are studs as well. Good draft!
Old 08-27-10, 04:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Solid team! I absolutly love the depth of your bench. J Best could suprise some people and I think Foster/Bush are solid bench players as well. Floyd is gonna be a beast (at least until VJack gets back) and Kolb is a excellent #2 option at QB......IMO, the only thing I don't like much about your team is the DEF...too many questions surrounding them. But it's a very solid team. Was it a 10 man or 12 man draft?
Both 12. I really just waited until the second to last round to take a DEF for this reason... In the last I think it was 8 seasons, only 1 defense that was rated #1 before the season ended up in the top 12 defenses at the end of the season, and that was the 2006 bears. The point difference from the top defense to the 10th defense is marginal. The jets might change that stat soon, but for now to take a defense earlier than the second, maybe 3rd to last round isn't necessary. With that being said, The giants were pretty horrible last year... But were doing phenomenal until the absence of Justin tuck and Osi. Those two are back and healthy, and they picked up rolle.. I think they could return to their dominant ways.. But we will see, they prob are my weakest link at this point. Have you drafted any more leagues? I have one more draft tommorrow at 10 A.M. I'll post what it is... This year my strategy is to load up on backs, and hope a couple break out.. I like Michael bush and Foster to come through for me.. I really like floyd as well.
Old 08-28-10, 06:14 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Here is my 3rd and last team.. 10 man league with a rb/wr flex spot

Schuab
Andre Johnson
Dwayne bowe
Steven Jackson
Cedric benson
Ronnie brown
Zach miller
David Akers
Ahmad Bradshaw
D mcnabb

Bengals D
Mike sims walker
Tj housh
Hakeem nicks
Reggie bush
Old 08-30-10, 10:10 AM

Alright, just did a 10 man and 12 man league. I'm very happy with my 10 man, I'm not way excited about my 12 man league but what can you do...lol

10 man (2 flex positions/2 def players)

QB Flacco
RB Gore
RB J. Charles
WR A. Johnson
WR B. Marshall
TE V. Davis
Flex L. McCoy
Flex Moreno
Def Dal
DB P. Willis
DB C. Bailey
K Tynes

Bench (I'm really happy with my bench )
M. Floyd
J. Forsett
T. Jones (had to handcuff Charles)
C. Palmer
J. Knox
B. Scott (hopefully Benson gets hurt and Scott explodes on to the scene)
L. Robinson

Last edited by esparzar1; 08-30-10 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-30-10, 10:16 AM

12 Man League

QB P. Manning
RB SJax
RB P.Thomas
WR Jennings
WR Crabtree
WR Meachem
TE Finley
Def NO
K Tynes

Bench
V. Jackson (got him for cheap)
Forsett
JaCoby Jones
C. Henne
A. Bradshaw

Not a bad team, I'd like to be a little bit better at WR but hopefully Crabtree pans out, I took a chance on him as my #2, so we will see what happens.
Old 08-30-10, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I like it. I usually would feel more comfy getting one of those top 7 qb's, but I think I can see your strategy. Wait on a qb and load up on backs and wr. I think u are built for a strong season. What's your 12 man?

I think we are the only ones that like fantasy football.
Old 08-30-10, 04:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I like it. I usually would feel more comfy getting one of those top 7 qb's, but I think I can see your strategy. Wait on a qb and load up on backs and wr. I think u are built for a strong season. What's your 12 man team? Also, i pray benson doesn't get hurt, im an owner in a big money league! Better handcuff him with Scott, but i will have to drop 2 peeps...
Old 08-30-10, 10:59 PM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

I have 2 leagues and I just drafted the 10-man league. It's pretty standard except that QBs get 6 points for TD passes, there is a flex player either RB-WR-TE and it's a PPR league.

Here's my draft in order.I had the 3rd slot.
Adrian Peterson RB He's going to be used a lot with Favre hurting a bit, and a limited WR corp.
Ryan Matthews RB He's going to be key for San Diego and can catch out of the backfield. He looks more like LT more than LT does now.
Larry Fitzgerald WR No Anquan, No Kurt how well will he do? Should still be good for possible Pro Bowl consideration
Marques Colston WR It's a good idea to get a primary receiver for Brees
Vernon Davis TE Seems to be TE#1 in a lot of publications
Arian Foster RB Yes another rookie, but Houston has serious O and they need to balance that passing game with a good running game. Foster provides that.
Hakeem Nicks TE Amazing that he is talked about so often. I think it's warranted.
Visanthe Shiancoe WRs are hurting and Favre needs an outlet. Shiancoe is that guy.
Carson Palmer QB Bummed because I was thinking Kevin Kolb here instead but I felt that with both Ochocinco and Owens in Cincy, that Palmer would do better. But if I lose this year, it could be here because Kolb looked so well when he started last season. I hope that the reality TV stars come through for me.
Cowboys DST DeMarcus Ware is still a beast.
Alex Smith QB Singletary-coached team. This is his best chance for success. Plus if I use him, there is always that Smith to Davis connection for points.
Dez Bryant WR I just don't think that Roy Williams can hold Dez off.
Saints DST This is a solid D that won a title and is big on takeaways.
David Akers PK Kickers...so I needed at least 1.
Legedu Naanee WR He moves up the depth chart because of Vincent Jackson. He's very capable and I felt getting him in the 15 round was solid value.
Tashard Choice RB Should both Felix Jones and Marion Barber come up lame, yet again, the Choice is a good choice. If not, well...it was the last pick for me in the draft.

Old 08-31-10, 04:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
12 Man League

QB P. Manning
RB SJax
RB P.Thomas
WR Jennings
WR Crabtree
WR Meachem
TE Finley
Def NO
K Tynes

Bench
V. Jackson (got him for cheap)
Forsett
JaCoby Jones
C. Henne
A. Bradshaw

Not a bad team, I'd like to be a little bit better at WR but hopefully Crabtree pans out, I took a chance on him as my #2, so we will see what happens.
I agree that you have a pretty good team. I would have to see your scoring setup though to really see how good your team looks, but overall your team should do well with any normal scoring format.

I would suggest cutting V. Jackson cause there is no turning back for him this year. Even if Sea gets him, Hasselbeck sucks enough that he would turn VJax into TJ. I would also watch the Forsett battle closely as well cause he doesn't seem to be in a great situation at all. Do you have anyone else with potential on waivers out there like Hardesty (Cle), Bush (Raiders), Williams (TB), or McCluster (KC) - good for rb and wr? If so, I would drop Forsett for any of them imo.

Quote:
I like it. I usually would feel more comfy getting one of those top 7 qb's, but I think I can see your strategy. Wait on a qb and load up on backs and wr. I think u are built for a strong season. What's your 12 man team? Also, i pray benson doesn't get hurt, im an owner in a big money league! Better handcuff him with Scott, but i will have to drop 2 peeps...
Not sure what you mean here since Peyton is a top 7 qb. This list would include Brees, Rodgers, Schwab, Brady, Romo, and Favre (debateable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango View Post
I have 2 leagues and I just drafted the 10-man league. It's pretty standard except that QBs get 6 points for TD passes, there is a flex player either RB-WR-TE and it's a PPR league.

Here's my draft in order.I had the 3rd slot.
Adrian Peterson RB He's going to be used a lot with Favre hurting a bit, and a limited WR corp.
Ryan Matthews RB He's going to be key for San Diego and can catch out of the backfield. He looks more like LT more than LT does now.
Larry Fitzgerald WR No Anquan, No Kurt how well will he do? Should still be good for possible Pro Bowl consideration
Marques Colston WR It's a good idea to get a primary receiver for Brees
Vernon Davis TE Seems to be TE#1 in a lot of publications
Arian Foster RB Yes another rookie, but Houston has serious O and they need to balance that passing game with a good running game. Foster provides that.
Hakeem Nicks TE Amazing that he is talked about so often. I think it's warranted.
Visanthe Shiancoe WRs are hurting and Favre needs an outlet. Shiancoe is that guy.
Carson Palmer QB Bummed because I was thinking Kevin Kolb here instead but I felt that with both Ochocinco and Owens in Cincy, that Palmer would do better. But if I lose this year, it could be here because Kolb looked so well when he started last season. I hope that the reality TV stars come through for me.
Cowboys DST DeMarcus Ware is still a beast.
Alex Smith QB Singletary-coached team. This is his best chance for success. Plus if I use him, there is always that Smith to Davis connection for points.
Dez Bryant WR I just don't think that Roy Williams can hold Dez off.
Saints DST This is a solid D that won a title and is big on takeaways.
David Akers PK Kickers...so I needed at least 1.
Legedu Naanee WR He moves up the depth chart because of Vincent Jackson. He's very capable and I felt getting him in the 15 round was solid value.
Tashard Choice RB Should both Felix Jones and Marion Barber come up lame, yet again, the Choice is a good choice. If not, well...it was the last pick for me in the draft.
I like your team. I would probably seriously consider other players on the waiver wire for Choice (don't believe he will be used that much w/Barber and Jones and right now their running game looks inept), Naanee (Floyd still looks like the #1 guy and when have you ever heard from a #2 from SD - better options probably on waivers like Jacoby Hou, Williams TB), A Smith... (decent backup but would look elsewhere for better numbers like an Orton, Henne, Garrard, etc.), Dware is a beast, but also look at PWillis, Beason, or Rudd in case Dware doesn't produce big numbers consistently.
Old 08-31-10, 04:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

[quote=TimmyDthaWay2B;1220621]I like it. I usually would feel more comfy getting one of those top 7 qb's, but I think I can see your strategy. Wait on a qb and load up on backs and wr. I think u are built for a strong season. What's your 12 man?

I think we are the only ones that like fantasy football.[/quote]

Don't count me out!
Old 08-31-10, 08:48 AM

YEAH!!!!!

We finally got a few more ppl to read our thread T2B....lol

TodTango- You have a solid team! My suggestions.....I'm a little worried about your RB situation. Having 2 rookies can be a risk. Usually, with rookie RB's, they start to fade about week 10-12 (due to only playing that amount of games in college) When I draft rookie RB, I always try and trade them by week 10. Other than that, your team looks solid.

Last edited by esparzar1; 08-31-10 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-31-10, 08:57 AM

Quote:
This is always my stratagy!!!!!!!! I feel that there is less of a gap between the top 3 QB (Brees/Rodgers/Manning) and other potential top 10 QB's (Romo/Cutler/Flaco/Rivers/Schaub) so this allows me to wait a little bit longer on QB's. Last yr I drafted McNabb in the 5th rd. This yr I drafted Flacco in the 5th rd (in my 10 man league) I felt like I might have "overpaid" a little bit but I'm rolling with him. My $$$$ league draft is this weekend I'm really shooting for Flacco or Cutler. Both of these QB are gonna have HUGE fantasy season and you can get both of them for cheap (rd 5-7).

In my 12 man league I had to get Manning with my first pick. I was pick #12 so I really didn't have a choice. The top 8 RB's were already gone along with Rodgers/Brees/A. Johnson. I ended up drafting SJax as my #1 RB b/c I felt there is a big drop-off after him. So, needless to say, I'm not very happy with my 12 man league but we will see what happens.
Old 08-31-10, 09:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I agree that you have a pretty good team. I would have to see your scoring setup though to really see how good your team looks, but overall your team should do well with any normal scoring format.

I would suggest cutting V. Jackson cause there is no turning back for him this year. Even if Sea gets him, Hasselbeck sucks enough that he would turn VJax into TJ. I would also watch the Forsett battle closely as well cause he doesn't seem to be in a great situation at all. Do you have anyone else with potential on waivers out there like Hardesty (Cle), Bush (Raiders), Williams (TB), or McCluster (KC) - good for rb and wr? If so, I would drop Forsett for any of them imo.

Not sure what you mean here since Peyton is a top 7 qb. This list would include Brees, Rodgers, Schwab, Brady, Romo, and Favre (debateable).

I like your team. I would probably seriously consider other players on the waiver wire for Choice (don't believe he will be used that much w/Barber and Jones and right now their running game looks inept), Naanee (Floyd still looks like the #1 guy and when have you ever heard from a #2 from SD - better options probably on waivers like Jacoby Hou, Williams TB), A Smith... (decent backup but would look elsewhere for better numbers like an Orton, Henne, Garrard, etc.), Dware is a beast, but also look at PWillis, Beason, or Rudd in case Dware doesn't produce big numbers consistently.

That was in regards to his 10 team league with flacco at qb. Come on, I'm not that ignorant.
Old 08-31-10, 09:49 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Quote:
This is always my stratagy!!!!!!!! I feel that there is less of a gap between the top 3 QB (Brees/Rodgers/Manning) and other potential top 10 QB's (Romo/Cutler/Flaco/Rivers/Schaub) so this allows me to wait a little bit longer on QB's. Last yr I drafted McNabb in the 5th rd. This yr I drafted Flacco in the 5th rd (in my 10 man league) I felt like I might have "overpaid" a little bit but I'm rolling with him. My $$$$ league draft is this weekend I'm really shooting for Flacco or Cutler. Both of these QB are gonna have HUGE fantasy season and you can get both of them for cheap (rd 5-7).

In my 12 man league I had to get Manning with my first pick. I was pick #12 so I really didn't have a choice. The top 8 RB's were already gone along with Rodgers/Brees/A. Johnson. I ended up drafting SJax as my #1 RB b/c I felt there is a big drop-off after him. So, needless to say, I'm not very happy with my 12 man league but we will see what happens.
I personally am not sold on cutler and would be very uncomfortable having him as my starter. There is a stat out there that mike martz qb's get hit... A LOT. What happens when cutler gets even the smallest amount of pressure? He makes mistakes. Cutler will pass a lot, but I'm banking on him getting sacked a lot, and his INT totals to go up.. That's if he stays healthy from the beating he will receive.

BTW... Unless I just read it wrong, Arian Foster is not a rookie. He actually took over for Houston last year.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 08-31-10 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-31-10, 07:43 PM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

Quote:
YEAH!!!!!

We finally got a few more ppl to read our thread T2B....lol

TodTango- You have a solid team! My suggestions.....I'm a little worried about your RB situation. Having 2 rookies can be a risk. Usually, with rookie RB's, they start to fade about week 10-12 (due to only playing that amount of games in college) When I draft rookie RB, I always try and trade them by week 10. Other than that, your team looks solid.
Thanks for the analysis. I can see your concern. I'm out here in San Diego and can tell you that it would seem that 3rd down back Darren Sproles will see action, and should the Chargers be leading in the 4th, I'll see a lot of Jacob Hester and Mike Tolbert to carry the ball. Matthews was a solid #2 and I feel, with the PPR, I'll get about 90 yds rushing 20 receiving and about 1 TD per.

Will definitely consider a trade late when push comes to shove on rookies. Solid analysis. Thanks!

Old 09-01-10, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango View Post
Thanks for the analysis. I can see your concern. I'm out here in San Diego and can tell you that it would seem that 3rd down back Darren Sproles will see action, and should the Chargers be leading in the 4th, I'll see a lot of Jacob Hester and Mike Tolbert to carry the ball. Matthews was a solid #2 and I feel, with the PPR, I'll get about 90 yds rushing 20 receiving and about 1 TD per.

Will definitely consider a trade late when push comes to shove on rookies. Solid analysis. Thanks!
Yeah, I would also look at possibly trading one of your TE. You have 2 very good TE's. Look at trading one right after their bye week, I'd suggest trading Shaincoe. No need for 2 TE's. Plus you can always pick one up for your bye wk with V. Davis (Carlson/Keller are usually avaliable in FA) PPR leagues are tough but Matthews will play a good role on your team with that. Get rid of one of your QB's as well (alex smith) no need for 3 of them, play Kolb/Palmer based on weekly match-ups. Good luck!
Old 09-02-10, 09:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
That was in regards to his 10 team league with flacco at qb. Come on, I'm not that ignorant.
Okay... my bad.

Quote:
I personally am not sold on cutler and would be very uncomfortable having him as my starter. There is a stat out there that mike martz qb's get hit... A LOT. What happens when cutler gets even the smallest amount of pressure? He makes mistakes. Cutler will pass a lot, but I'm banking on him getting sacked a lot, and his INT totals to go up.. That's if he stays healthy from the beating he will receive.

BTW... Unless I just read it wrong, Arian Foster is not a rookie. He actually took over for Houston last year.
I agree regarding Cutler. Very skeptical about how he will do this year and I don't care what anyone says... he still has no one at WR that is significant to help him out.

Yeah, Arian isn't a rookie. I think he was just referring to how much he has played he could be considered a rookie since he hasn't had that much burn. I think he will be good to go this year though in that high powered offense. Slaton was until he fumbled his opportunity away.

Now... on to other news, my first trade just went through and at the perfect time too with the players I gave up! Here it is:

I get - Rivers and Meacham
I give up - McNabb and TJ (on the trading block haha)

I pretty much stole his players and he is suppose to be an experienced FFL player. Guess not.

Now the disclaimer is that this is just a fun work league that my co-worker setup. Definitely not your typical scoring (i.e. PPR, return yardage scoring, 2 qbs, 2 def, 3 multiple position slots, etc.), but nonetheless should be fun.

At the moment, I can't think of my team as a whole, but here are a few of my players:

Brees, Schwab, Charles, Forte, RMoss, TOwens, Maclin, Witten, VDavis, CWilliams, Chambers (probably will drop for Williams TB), Sproiles, Jets, Cincy, Akers, Rivers, Meacham, etc.

So I will now turn around and trade Rivers for Brandon Marshall, Bolden, or another #1 wr w/some filler.

My real money league draft comes up this Sunday so looking forward to that.
Old 09-03-10, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Okay... my bad.

I agree regarding Cutler. Very skeptical about how he will do this year and I don't care what anyone says... he still has no one at WR that is significant to help him out.

Yeah, Arian isn't a rookie. I think he was just referring to how much he has played he could be considered a rookie since he hasn't had that much burn. I think he will be good to go this year though in that high powered offense. Slaton was until he fumbled his opportunity away.

Now... on to other news, my first trade just went through and at the perfect time too with the players I gave up! Here it is:

I get - Rivers and Meacham
I give up - McNabb and TJ (on the trading block haha)

I pretty much stole his players and he is suppose to be an experienced FFL player. Guess not.

Now the disclaimer is that this is just a fun work league that my co-worker setup. Definitely not your typical scoring (i.e. PPR, return yardage scoring, 2 qbs, 2 def, 3 multiple position slots, etc.), but nonetheless should be fun.

At the moment, I can't think of my team as a whole, but here are a few of my players:

Brees, Schwab, Charles, Forte, RMoss, TOwens, Maclin, Witten, VDavis, CWilliams, Chambers (probably will drop for Williams TB), Sproiles, Jets, Cincy, Akers, Rivers, Meacham, etc.

So I will now turn around and trade Rivers for Brandon Marshall, Bolden, or another #1 wr w/some filler.

My real money league draft comes up this Sunday so looking forward to that.
Nice trade bait:applause:applause......My $$$$ league draft is tonight!!!!! I can't wait. I will post results when I get then
Old 09-04-10, 09:46 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

So how did your draft go esparzar?
Old 09-05-10, 03:30 PM

Quote:
So how did your draft go esparzar?
Well......It didn't go as planned. We actually only had 8 people show up for the draft which left us in a big dilema. We decided to do just a 8 man league and expand the rosters. I wasn't ready for something like this to happen. I spent countless hours preparing for the perfect team and it went all out the window when 2 of our folks didn't show....this just proves that you can never be prepared for everything on draft day. Anyway, we ended up expanding the roster to 2 of everything except the K position. So we had 2 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2TE, 2FLEX (WR/RB/TE), 2DST, 1K and 7 bench players for a total of 20 positions (I know, that's a lot) Of course I eneded up with the #8 spot but I was happy with the B2B picks.....so here are my picks...

QB- A.Rodgers, 2nd pick, I figured I'd nab a elite QB early
QB- T. Brady, 4th pick, I went with my gut and decided to nab 2 top 5 QB's. Hopefully it pans out.
RB- M. Turner, my first pick, I thought it was a steal at #8
RB- R. Brown, solid #2RB
WR- B. Marshall, 3rd pick tried to get a top 5 WR before they were all gone, this was as close as I got in my draft spot
WR- Wes Welker
FLEX- A. Foster
FLEX- K. Moreno
TE- V. Davis Had to have at least 1 top 5 TE, I think I accomplished this with Davis
TE- J. Shockey- Got him really cheap (I think rd 11) I figure it doesn't hurt to have the TE on the most explossive offense in football
DST- Phi, again tried to get one top 5 Def before they were all gone
DST- SD, got them cheap (2nd to last rd)
K- Crosby

Bench
J. Harrison
J. Forsett
M. Wallace
J. Maclin
J. Jones
B. Roth (got him really cheap)
Snelling (handcuffed Turner just in case he gets injured)

Overall, I really like my team, I bascially went really heavy with RB. I love Harrison/Forsett/Foster/Moreno as my flex options.....only time will tell
Old 09-09-10, 02:28 PM

FINALLLY!!!!!!!!!!! The season is here

Before the season starts here are some sleepers that you might consider starting.

Jerome Harrison RB Cle, with the rookie Hardesty out for the season Harrison has the full-time gig in Clev. He has a very favorable match-up this week against a horrible run-def in TB.

Arian Foster RB, Hou, was named starter for this week against Indy, playing at home in a dome against a so-so run def will only help matters.

Carson Palmer QB Cin, even though the Bengals are playing on the road against NE Palmer should have some great success. Both of NE starting CB are out and with TO now in town, Palmer has two legitimate WR threats.

Ari Def- Playing Stl......nuff said
Tenn Def- At home playing Oak......nuff said

Please feel free to add any other potential sleepers for week 1!!!!!
Old 09-09-10, 05:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I like forte vs Detroit... And ronnie brown vs buffalo.
Old 09-11-10, 11:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Need some feedback for this weekend...

Hey fellas,

I have a few tough decisions to make for this weekend. Any feedback would be helpful.

First league - regular scoring, no ppr.

I have 3 rb (technically one is a flex) slots to fill. Who would you start:

RGrant vs. PHI
Matthews vs. KC
CWilliams vs. CLE
JHarrison vs. TB
THIghtower vs. STL
MForte vs. DET

Right now, I am leaning towards Matthews, Forte, and Williams.

My other crazy league is a PPR league w/a pt per 20 yards for returns.

I have three slots to fill w/rbs. They are:

RMatthews vs. KC
Forte vs. DET
CWilliams vs. TB
Sproles vs. KC
Addai vs. HOU
FJackson vs. MIA

I currently have Matthews, Forte, and Addai starting.

Same league, I have to fill one flex W/T slot.

For the W/T, who would you start?

Witten vs. WAS
Maclin vs. GB
Sims Walker vs. DEN

I currently have Witten starting.

Thoughts?

Last edited by montgod; 09-11-10 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-11-10, 03:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Hey fellas,

I have a few tough decisions to make for this weekend. Any feedback would be helpful.

First league - regular scoring, no ppr.

I have 3 rb (technically one is a flex) slots to fill. Who would you start:

RGrant vs. PHI
Matthews vs. KC
CWilliams vs. CLE
JHarrison vs. TB
THIghtower vs. STL
MForte vs. DET

Right now, I am leaning towards Matthews, Forte, and Williams.

My other crazy league is a PPR league w/a pt per 20 yards for returns.

I have three slots to fill w/rbs. They are:

RMatthews vs. KC
Forte vs. DET
CWilliams vs. TB
Sproles vs. KC
Addai vs. HOU
FJackson vs. MIA

I currently have Matthews, Forte, and Addai starting.

Same league, I have to fill one flex W/T slot.

For the W/T, who would you start?

Witten vs. WAS
Maclin vs. GB
Sims Walker vs. DEN

I currently have Witten starting.

Thoughts?

For the first question, i personally would probably start Matthews,Harrison and Grant. I know philly has a great D, but packers have a great O. I almost want to put hightower in that mix instead of grant being that beanie probably wont play.

I agree with matthews, forte, and addai on the ppr league.

Last one i say witten if it is PPR. Broncos have a good secondary, and with the cowboys line hurting im thinking romo will be getting rid of it fast.
Old 09-11-10, 05:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
For the first question, i personally would probably start Matthews,Harrison and Grant. I know philly has a great D, but packers have a great O. I almost want to put hightower in that mix instead of grant being that beanie probably wont play.

I agree with matthews, forte, and addai on the ppr league.

Last one i say witten if it is PPR. Broncos have a good secondary, and with the cowboys line hurting im thinking romo will be getting rid of it fast.
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah... the first one I will probably be debating all the way till gametime.

Williams vs. a weak CLE defense and Forte vs. the weak DET defense should have great results in runs and receiving yards for both. I feel the same about Harrison who could breakout at any given moment especially vs. TB. The same argument will go for Hightower vs. STL as well especially with Wells out of the picture this week.
Old 09-11-10, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah... the first one I will probably be debating all the way till gametime.

Williams vs. a weak CLE defense and Forte vs. the weak DET defense should have great results in runs and receiving yards for both. I feel the same about Harrison who could breakout at any given moment especially vs. TB. The same argument will go for Hightower vs. STL as well especially with Wells out of the picture this week.
I'm not 100 percent ire about forte. Everything I'm hearing is that front line in Detroit could surprise some people this year. It's possible Detroit could be a pretty good run d team.., but who knows for sure.
Old 09-11-10, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I'm not 100 percent ire about forte. Everything I'm hearing is that front line in Detroit could surprise some people this year. It's possible Detroit could be a pretty good run d team.., but who knows for sure.
True... DET and TB did draft the two top DT this year so it could be possible that their run D could be better. I will have to do more research on it.
Old 09-12-10, 01:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The nicks call is looking good so far. Too bad I didn't start him.
Old 09-13-10, 01:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
The nicks call is looking good so far. Too bad I didn't start him.
Yeah... can't say I was too happy about that being a SSmith owner... owwwhhh!!!
Old 09-13-10, 07:04 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Yeah... can't say I was too happy about that being a SSmith owner... owwwhhh!!!
I hope u didn't take my Jerome Harrison or witten advice... Cowboys were just shutdown, and Harrison was a victim of mangini. Everyone was expecting Harrison to get 30 carries against the awful Tampa run d, and they pass it the whole time... Mangini blew it. But am I happy i started Arian foster over Pierre Thomas.
Old 09-13-10, 08:03 AM

yeah I started A. Foster .....and Harrison but foster more than made up for the lack of carries that Harrison had
Old 09-14-10, 09:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I hope u didn't take my Jerome Harrison or witten advice... Cowboys were just shutdown, and Harrison was a victim of mangini. Everyone was expecting Harrison to get 30 carries against the awful Tampa run d, and they pass it the whole time... Mangini blew it. But am I happy i started Arian foster over Pierre Thomas.
I did... but it didn't matter with Forte blowing it up.

I do have another question.

I have #2 waiver wire claim and looking at picking up either McFadden or Brandon Jackson (I have Grant). Who would you pick up? Both their schedules look pretty good for the next couple of weeks. It all depends on how long Grant will be out vs. Bush being out I guess.
Old 09-14-10, 01:32 PM

Quote:

I have #2 waiver wire claim and looking at picking up either McFadden or Brandon Jackson (I have Grant). Who would you pick up? Both their schedules look pretty good for the next couple of weeks. It all depends on how long Grant will be out vs. Bush being out I guess.

Put in for both of them! They both have favorable 2nd week match-ups..... Jackson vs. Bills and DMC vs. Rams. I would probably put Jackson ahead of DMC on priorities but I would still put in for both. That way you're garunteed to get one of them Also, from the looks of it, neither one of them (Grant and Bush) are gonna be out for more than just a week of two. So, for now they are just quick fillers.

Last edited by esparzar1; 09-14-10 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 01:59 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

I say Jackson... Word is, grant is out for the year.