News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > SpursReport Sports Zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-10, 03:49 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

wow....you're right......just found out Grant is done for the season....last I read it was just a mild sprain. Pick up Jackson ASAP

Packers lose top back Grant for season after ankle injury - NFL - CBSSports.com Football
Old 09-15-10, 03:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Still waiting to hear if I got Jackson in my money league. I hope I did since I do have Grant. Since I have the 2nd ww slot, I will end up with McFadden if I don't get Jackson.

In my other FFL, I traded Grant for Jennings before week one since I already had Gore, Matthews, and Forte. Wow... did I dodge a bullet! Not only that, I was able to snatch up Jackson off of waivers as well haha...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-10, 03:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

My team and free agency

Here is one of my FFL teams (autopick):

Favre
Gore
Matthews
B Jackson (just picked up and dropped Murphy)
Jennings
Ocho Cinco
Breaston
Jacoby Jones
Finley
Witten (someone actually dropped him)
Gould
Cowboys DST

I need some help as to figuring out who I should upgrade my kicker and DST positions. I am inclined to wait on my DST since they face Chicago this week and not sure about my kicker.

Here are my available options as well as some other interesting possible pickups:

Garrard
Hasselback
Orton
Massaquoi
Mike Williams

Chiefs
Dolphins
Patriots
Colts
Broncos
Seahawks
Texans
Titans

Kasay
Reed
Bryant
Folk
Nugent
Prater
Nedney

Thanks for your feedback!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-10, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I like orton. But it really all depends on where you need depth. I usually play my defenses by the matchup. The patriots d looked good. If panthers are available, they have Tampa bay. Could be a good play? I also play my kicker by the matchup, usually the kickers going against weaker defenses. Teams that will be scoring a lot and in the redone frequently.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 09-15-10 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-16-10, 04:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Ok guys, I have a tough decision to make and I could use some input. I can only start two RBs (there is no flex option in my league). The problem is I have Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, and Arian Foster on my roster. Which two should I start?
Old 09-17-10, 09:46 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snybas View Post
Ok guys, I have a tough decision to make and I could use some input. I can only start two RBs (there is no flex option in my league). The problem is I have Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, and Arian Foster on my roster. Which two should I start?
The real question is whether to start mendenhall or foster. Hard choice. On one hand, mendenhall was probably your second round pick, and it's hard to sit what u invested in. And foster really is still a question mark. I think this week could answer a lot of questions about foster. But he is in a high powered offense that will definitely get in the redzone... And he should also see plenty of carries... Mendenhall is working with a backup qb, and now has TWO offensive lineman out.. Colon and Starks. I guess I would go with foster.. He ran really well, and got carries... Mendenhall really didn't run well against Atlanta... If not for one OT td, it would have been a disappointing week for owners of mendenhall.
Old 09-27-10, 09:46 AM

So.....how's everyone doing in there league? I'm in first with 2 outta 3 leagues.....Foster has been a steal for me and Maclin has been a pleasnt suprise...
Old 09-29-10, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Help me out guys... my team is 2-1... but not looking so good for the future. Hopefully, things will pan out.

I am trying to decide who to drop and who to keep with normal league scoring settings non-ppr. Only 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 TE, 1Flex, 1 K, and 1 Def starting.

I currently have CWilliams, Hightower, D Thomas (Denver wr), and M Lynch.
On the waiver wire, L Murphy, BenJarvus, and Chicago defense are available.
My current starting rbs and wrs are Matthews, Forte, Bjackson, De Jackson, SSmith (NY), and Percy Harvin with BMore as my starting defense. Minny's TE and Hernandez round out my team at TE.

Thoughts?
Old 09-29-10, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
Help me out guys... my team is 2-1... but not looking so good for the future. Hopefully, things will pan out.

I am trying to decide who to drop and who to keep with normal league scoring settings non-ppr. Only 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 TE, 1Flex, 1 K, and 1 Def starting.

My current starting rbs and wrs are Matthews, Forte, Bjackson, De Jackson, SSmith (NY), and Percy Harvin with BMore as my starting defense. Minny's TE and Hernandez round out my team at TE.

Thoughts?
I really like Murphy, but it seems your WR are a bit stronger than RB. I would drop Cadillac and add green Ellis. Raheem Morris has said Blount has earned short yardage and goal lines, so I think caddy is almost insignificant at this point, not that Tampa's running game has been... I would hold onto lynch.... He could be traded to greenbay, pats, or even the redskins in the near future.
Old 09-29-10, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I really like Murphy, but it seems your WR are a bit stronger than RB. I would drop Cadillac and add green Ellis. Raheem Morris has said Blount has earned short yardage and goal lines, so I think caddy is almost insignificant at this point, not that Tampa's running game has been... I would hold onto lynch.... He could be traded to greenbay, pats, or even the redskins in the near future.
I was thinking the same thing, but have a feeling that Caddy might still do well even without goalline carries against horrible clubs. If I were to add BenJarvus, I am just concerned that Taylor will be back next week and BenJarvus will go back to being nobody again. It's a risk, but one I am seriously considering along with trying somehow to pick up Murphy. Same thoughts along with Hightower as well since he is starting to dwindle to Wells joining him in the backfield.

Decisions... decisions...
Old 09-29-10, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, but have a feeling that Caddy might still do well even without goalline carries against horrible clubs. If I were to add BenJarvus, I am just concerned that Taylor will be back next week and BenJarvus will go back to being nobody again. It's a risk, but one I am seriously considering along with trying somehow to pick up Murphy. Same thoughts along with Hightower as well since he is starting to dwindle to Wells joining him in the backfield.

Decisions... decisions...
I guess there is a risk with Taylor coming back. Last I read he didn't practice today, and the toe will continue to bother him until he rests it for a lengthy amount of time or has surgery. So it could be a while? But who knows for sure.. Hightower will still be involved in the passing game and get his fair share of touches. He blocks and picks up the blitz a lot better than beanie.
Old 09-30-10, 08:18 AM

Quote:

Thoughts?
I agree with TimmyD, drop Caddy and pick up BenJarvus. Fantasy Football changes every single week. As coach Herm Edwards would say, "You play to win the game" don't be too concerned with the following week. Focus on your task at hand!

I don't think Taylor will get his job back.....he's just too old, and Caddy is one of the players that is picked up and dropped thoughout the season. Chances are if you drop him and someone picks him up, he would probably be avaliable a week or two later to pick up again.
Old 09-30-10, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I agree with TimmyD, drop Caddy and pick up BenJarvus. Fantasy Football changes every single week. As coach Herm Edwards would say, "You play to win the game" don't be too concerned with the following week. Focus on your task at hand!

I don't think Taylor will get his job back.....he's just too old, and Caddy is one of the players that is picked up and dropped thoughout the season. Chances are if you drop him and someone picks him up, he would probably be avaliable a week or two later to pick up again.
Very true. Taylor is old and brittle.. And say green Ellis has a big game, his stock will go up
Old 09-30-10, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Very true. Taylor is old and brittle.. And say green Ellis has a big game, his stock will go up
Old 10-05-10, 04:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Seems like that BJGE addition worked out well on MNF. Lynch is headed to Seattle. Would have preferred GB, but lynch Still has a big increase in value now.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 10-05-10 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-05-10, 05:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am sure glad I have Lynch now... even though I also wish he had gone to GB.

So my most recent quandry is to pick up Santonio Holmes, but don't know who to drop. Right now, debating between Sims-Walker (vs. BUFF... had a good year last year vs them) or Maclin with Kolb currently at the helm. My only other option would be TO, but he plays a horrible TB team.

UPDATE - I ended up dropping Sims-Walker. He is just to wishy washy along w/his QB. Besides, I am only at a weaknesses during the bye week at wr (BMarshall and RMoss).

Last edited by montgod; 10-05-10 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-05-10, 06:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your advice. I am sure glad I have Lynch now... even though I also wish he had gone to GB.

So my most recent quandry is to pick up Santonio Holmes, but don't know who to drop. Right now, debating between Sims-Walker (vs. BUFF... had a good year last year vs them) or Maclin with Kolb currently at the helm. My only other option would be TO, but he plays a horrible TB team.

UPDATE - I ended up dropping Sims-Walker. He is just to wishy washy along w/his QB. Besides, I am only at a weaknesses during the bye week at wr (BMarshall and RMoss).
Good call on dumping sims walker. Can't be trusted. Although he is probably gone, Torain could be a valuable pickup.
Old 10-05-10, 08:30 PM

couldn't agree more with the MSW drop.

With that being said, I would also look at possibly dropping TO in the near future.....he did have one great game but I think he might only get one or two more great games for the entire season. Better yet, I'd trade him while his value is high. Someone will take the bait for the name itself.

Trust me, he worth more as trade bait because of his name and status as opposed to actual fantasy value:drummer
Old 10-11-10, 12:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm enjoying the Hakeem nicks kool-aid.
Old 10-11-10, 08:04 PM

no doubt....you nailed that one. Hicks has probably been the steal for ffb so far this year....a. Foster would be the only other one that I would put with Hicks.....good call
Old 10-11-10, 08:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ya. Foster had a real stinker last game. I have him in a league, that offense is starting to worry me. I own schaub and Andre in a different league. They better pick it up!
Old 10-13-10, 08:03 AM

i'm sure they will, they're just too good of a offense not to be. I'm sure they will have bad games here and there but more often than not they should produce.

So, how are you doing in your leagues? I'm killing everyone in my $$$ league 5-0 with about a 100pt lead on 2nd place. I'm 3-2 in another league and 1-4 in my 3rd league....can't win'em all ....the only one that matters is my money league and it seems like I can't be stopped. A. Rodgers might not be playing this week but I had Big Ben on my bench and he's playing at home against Clev. I'll take that as a back-up plan anyday

Last edited by esparzar1; 10-15-10 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-09-10, 08:52 AM

wow.....the thread has died....lol....Well I'm 8-1 in my $$$ league and rolling along. My roster as of right now is solid but I'm looking a upgrade my WR core (we can start 2 at each positon)

QB- A. Rodgers
QB- T. Brady
RB- A. Foster
RB- M. Turner
WR- B. Marshall
WR- W. Welker
TE- V. Davis
TE. J. Shockey
Flex- P. Hillis
Flex- J. Maclin
Def- Phi
Def- K.C.
K- Crosby

Bench
M. Wallace
K. Moreno
B. Roth
B. Penttigrew
R. Brown
M. Crabtree

Welker/Marshall/Brown/Moreno/Crabtree have all been big dissapoinments so far....I'm gonna try and package two of these players for a elite WR....we will see what happens
Old 11-10-10, 07:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm 2nd in one, third in the ppr, and 2nd
In my big money league. In my big money league, I've been taking hits all year. I owned romo, stafford, addai, pierre Thomas, Malcolm Floyd and Zach miller. Can't seem to catch a break. And I own moss who I traded away when I couldn't take any more guys sittin on my bench. In my ppr league I owned romo and Austin... Romo out, which kills Austin. Since I have no qb in the ppr, my strategy is to start garrard this week, Sanchez next week, and Vince young week 12. Houston Texans matchup all three of those weeks.
Old 11-12-10, 08:32 AM

can't go wrong with any of those match-ups at QB....sounds like you're hanging on, still 2nd in your $$$ league even with all of those injuries......thats impressive
Old 11-12-10, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well it helps that I drafted Hakeem nicks and Arian foster.
Old 11-29-10, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Well it helps that I drafted Hakeem nicks and Arian foster.
I hear ya, I drafted A. Foster, M. Wallace, and J. Maclin which have all had great seasons so far. It also helps to get. P. Hillis in FA about 6 or 7 wks ago
Old 12-08-10, 07:47 AM

PLAYOFFS BABY
I'm in 12-1 and in first place in my $$$$ league and absolutly destroying everyone, I just hope my team doesn't take a crap on me during the playoffs. We start the playoffs in week 15. My other league I'm in 4th and claimed a playoff spot this past week, I'm not in great shape though....that league I had Gore....we will see what happens....Finally my 3rd league, I'm sucking @$$, I think my team is 4-9. I can't get a break in that league.....that's how it goes sometimes......
Old 12-20-10, 07:58 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
PLAYOFFS BABY
I'm in 12-1 and in first place in my $$$$ league and absolutly destroying everyone, I just hope my team doesn't take a crap on me during the playoffs. We start the playoffs in week 15. My other league I'm in 4th and claimed a playoff spot this past week, I'm not in great shape though....that league I had Gore....we will see what happens....Finally my 3rd league, I'm sucking @$$, I think my team is 4-9. I can't get a break in that league.....that's how it goes sometimes......
So I'm in the finals in two out of the three leagues. Have to face Vick in both of them. Believe it or not, I'm in the finals, after losing gore, romo, stafford, and Pierre. My first 4 picks were gore, moss, romo, Pierre, and somehow I made it.... Just gotta hope foster is ok....
Old 12-28-10, 10:51 AM

Listen to this crap.................so I dominate all year in my $$$$$ league, I mean I kill people week in and week out. I end up going 13-1 with a killer line-up and my team takes a crap on me in the 1st playoff game..........................I won this week for the 3rd place game, but man I'm soooooooo frustrated.....I had a. Foster, Brady, Hillis, Turner, Maclin, Wallace, Moreno....who have all played really well this season (except for last week )
Old 12-29-10, 08:49 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well, I won a league and lost one. Luckily the 400 dollar jackpot league I won. But the 150 I lost. I ended up losing the second one because of John kitna. I lost by 5 points with him having Vick. I have to believe if kitna didn't go out early I would have won... But injuries are part of it I guess.. I also lost gore, romo, stafford, and Andre in that league... They would have helped in the final.
Old 12-29-10, 07:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

So this was the roster I started off with as you guys may or may not remember:

QB- Matt Schuab
RB- Ray Rice
RB- Rashard Mendenhall
WR- Miles Austin
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Santana Moss
TE- Brent Celek

K- Garrett Hartley

DEF- Green Bay Packers

BN- Fred Jackson
BN- Marion Barber
BN- Arian Foster
BN- Percy Harvin
BN- Lawrence Maroney

This was the roster I ended up with that won me a fantasy championship:

QB- Matt Cassell (picked up from waivers)
RB- Arian Foster
RB- Rashard Mendenhall
WR- Dwayne Bowe (picked him up from waivers, yeah, I couldn't believe it either)
WR- Greg Jennings (traded Ray Rice for him. I knew the guy I traded with would bite because he had Ryan Grant and needed a RB badly).
WR- Miles Austin
K- Sebastian Janikowski (picked up from waivers)

the rest of my roster doesn't really matter because these were the guys that pretty won me the chamipionship. My RBs and WRs were too strong for the rest of my league to contend with.