News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-23-10, 12:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Jose Lima Dead!

Jose Lima, former All-Star right-hander, dies at 37 in Los Angeles - ESPN

NEW YORK -- Former All-Star right-hander Jose Lima died Sunday morning at his home in Los Angeles at the age of 37.

The cause of death was ruled a heart attack, according to his wife, Dorca Astacio.

"Jose was complaining while sleeping and I just thought he was having a nightmare," Astacio told ESPNdeportes.com. "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him."

Lima was 89-102 in 13 seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Mets.

He was selected to the All-Star Game with Houston in 1999, when he won a career-high 21 games.

Lima didn't return to the major leagues after being released by the Mets in 2006, when he posted a 0-4 record.

Last winter, Lima played for the Aguilas Cibaenas in the Dominican Republic and had announced plans to do the same in the upcoming season.
Old 05-23-10, 07:29 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

I saw this on the news and was complete shocked to hear he had a heart attack at 37 years of age.

R.I.P.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!