News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-17-09, 06:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Will anyone beat Florida?

The way the refs willed Florida to win tonight, is it possible for any team to over come that. Im not sure if anyone watched this game, but 4 obvious blown calls resulting it scores . An absolute disgrace.
Old 10-17-09, 06:10 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

Welcome to the SEC. Where we protect the number 1 team in the nation, even if it means screwing another SEC team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-17-09, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Did you watch it? Arkansas defense was owning florida all game. Florida being in a third and long gets a pass interference call when there was no contact. Two plays later they get an unsportsmanlike conduct call on a block. Two phantom calls moving the ball for the florida team that was struggling too. Then on the game winning drive, tebow bombs the ball to cooper, only for cooper to push the corner down turn and drop the ball. Refs swallowed the flags and florida ends up winning it on a field goal. Arkansas had a chance to win, but the refs got florida back in this game.
During all of these blown calls, the color guys were ragging on the refs bad considering these calls did not exist, and they were huge game altering calls.

Something screwy with college football.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 10-17-09 at 06:22 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-17-09, 09:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Texas will beat Florida, if Alabama doesn't first.
Old 10-18-09, 09:11 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

With the way Texas looked against ou, I'm seriously doubting Texas even comes close... Texas will recieve the same fate ou did last year, whther it's Florida or bama... Ou has a good defense, but don't think it's as good as floridas or bamas.... Florida or bama WILL be the national champion
Old 10-18-09, 10:00 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Alabama will beat Florida. Mcelroy and the passing game will come around and Nick Saban will hand florida theoir ass in the sec championship game. book it. ROll Tide!!!
Old 10-18-09, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joballer View Post
texas is inferior to florida and alabama.
Old 10-18-09, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joballer View Post
Did you watch the OU game? Or the Colorado game? Or the Wyoming game? Or the Tech game? Texas has not looked sharp in any of their games I have seen this year. Once Bradford went down OU had TWO returning offensive starters from last year's team - Murray and Williams - and both were banged up during the game.

Alabama has looked better than Florida, but I guess the refs bailed out Florida. Florida has not looked as good, from what I have seen, especially offensively.
Old 10-19-09, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
Did you watch the OU game? Or the Colorado game? Or the Wyoming game? Or the Tech game? Texas has not looked sharp in any of their games I have seen this year. Once Bradford went down OU had TWO returning offensive starters from last year's team - Murray and Williams - and both were banged up during the game.

Alabama has looked better than Florida, but I guess the refs bailed out Florida. Florida has not looked as good, from what I have seen, especially offensively.
Yes I did, but I am currently a student at TX, hence the bias
Old 10-21-09, 05:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I can say even here from Oz having a basic grip of the game I could tell that the refs saved the Gators... I finally got a chance to watch my recording last night and the pass inter was rubbish but the cherry was a gator player running in for a block 20 m from the play and getting owned and the ref right next to it thought it was fine but away from the play the ref decided it was nasty...

The two games I have seen of the Gators they don't look number one... so I hope they get beat.
Old 10-21-09, 06:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Finally.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference has suspended officials from last weekend's Arkansas-Florida game after the crew was involved in its second controversial call of the year.
Referee Marc Curles' crew called a personal foul on Arkansas defensive lineman Malcolm Sheppard in the fourth quarter as the Gators were rallying for a 23-20 victory. The league said there was no video evidence to support the call.

Fish: Shouldering The Blame

Marc Curles, who blew the call in the Arkansas-Florida game, owns up to the boo-boo, writes Mike Fish. Story

The same group of officials called the LSU-Georgia game earlier this month, which included a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty the league said shouldn't have been called.
"A series of calls that have occurred during the last several weeks have not been to the standard that we expect from our officiating crews," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said Wednesday. "I believe our officiating program is the best in the country. However, there are times when these actions must be taken."
SEC associate commissioner Charles Bloom said this is the first time the league has publicly suspended a football crew like this.
The SEC says the crew will be removed from its next scheduled assignment Oct. 31 and will not be assigned to officiate as a crew until Nov. 14.
The league said the crew's bowl assignments could also be impacted.
"The entire crew shoulders responsibility for each play. I have taken this action because there must be accountability in our officiating program," Slive said. "Our institutions expect the highest level of officiating in all of our sports and it is the duty of the conference office to uphold that expectation."
Old 10-21-09, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Those refs need to be fired. Considering the ref from the OU/Oregon game a few years back was promoted to be in charge of Pac 10 officiating, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting anyone to actually improve things.