SR ** Annual** Fantasy Football Thread
Alright kids, it’s that time again! That’s right, it’s football season! And what better way to celebrate than to play some fantasy football. For the past 3 years I have created a SR fantasy football thread and had great success. We’re here to help you win your league. This is not ESPN or Yahoo giving advice, it’s myself, you, and anyone else that's interested. Bring any questions, concerns, comments that you may have for your upcoming football season to this thread. Alright, here’s my top 10 fantasy players for the 2009 season
1. Adrian Peterson- Did you really have any doubt? He’s a beast and no one comes close right now. Brett Favre should actually keep the secondary honest which will only help the 2008 rushing champ play even better. The Vikes also have the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> “easiest” schedule in the NFL this season, that’s not a good sign for other teams. Not much else to add about A.D………Should have a killer season and claim his second rush title in as many years.
My predictions: 1500-1700 rush yds, 13-16 TD, 200-300 rec yds, 1 TD
2. Maurice Jones Drew- This is my second choice. The other options could be Matt Forte or Michael Turner but, here’s why I like MJD…….he’s now the featured back in Jacksonville. The past 3 seasons he’s shared the load and still put up fantastic numbers (08’ 1,400 total yds, 14 TD) the only problems I for see with MJD is he might break down late in the season due to having the entire load. Is here still worth a #2 pick…..yes!
My predictions: 1100-1200 rush yds, 12-15 TD, 500-600 rec yds 3 TD
3. Michael Turner- Turner exploded on to the scene last year. I really see him picking up where he left off. Although, he does have the “curse of 370”, he led the league with 17 TD last season. Still should have a very solid season with Matt Ryan being a Sophomore and the addition of Tony Gonzales.
My prediction: 1400-1600 rush yds, 13-16 TD, 100-150 rec yds
4. Matt Forte- He was great last season for Chi-town and should only get better this season. My only concern with Forte is the Bears schedule: Minn twice, Pitt, Bal, GB twice. That’s 6 teams that Forte has to face with a top 5 rushing Defense next season. How does he make up for it? Receiving yds. He’s a poor mans Marshall Fulk.
My prediction: 1100-1200 rush yds, 10-12 TD, 600-700 rec yds 4 TD
5. Frank Gore- To me it’s a “toss-up” between Gore and L.T. the only reason I would take Gore over LT is because LT is coming off of various injuries form the past season. Gore is a quiet fantasy stud and it doesn’t hurt when you face Sea, Ari, and StL twice a yr. He should have very solid games based on division alone.
My prediction: 1200-1400 rush yds, 9-11 TD, 300-400 rec yds 3 TD
6. LT- A lot of people would say that I have LT ranked waaaaay too high. I disagree. He’s back! True he turned 30 but, if anyone can turn the clock it’s LT. Look at his numbers last season (over 1,500 total yds, 12 TD) Even if he only replicates those numbers he would still be worthy of a top 6 pick…..
My prediction: 1200-1300 rush yds, 10-12 TD, 300-400 rec yds 3 TD
7. Steve Slaton- I know I’m ranking DeAngelo and C. Johnson too low, right? Wrong, my top 7 choices are all the “featured backs” on their respective teams. DeAngelo and C. Johnson can’t say that. That’s why I have Slaton ahead of them . You know what your gonna get from Slaton, you playing hit and miss with the other two. Slaton should only gain more momentum this season and has the potential to be the best fantasy back this season.
My prediction: 1200-1300 rush yds, 10-12 TD, 300-400 rec yds 3 TD
8. Deangelo Williams/Chris Johnson- I know it’s two players and I really don’t like either one of them as a number 1 fantasy option. Like I mentioned above, they share the load. True, they will the better featured back on their teams but you still really never know what you’re going to get from them each game. Too much of a risk for me to take in the first rd, but still valuable enough to consider 1st rd picks by most people.
My prediction: DeAngelo 1,300 total yds, 10-12 TD, Johnson 1,400 total yds 8-10 TD
9. Drew Brees- If you’re gonna take one QB late in the first rd it’s this guy. Screw Tom Brady….he had one spectacular season (07’) Brees has been consistently putting up better numbers the past 5 season. I’m personally not a big fan of QB’s in the first rd but If I had a late 1<SUP>st</SUP> rd pick I would definitely consider Brees.
My prediction: 4,500-5,00 passing yds 30-40 TD
10. Steven Jackson- Kinda is a bummer that he plays for such a sorry team but, still should have solid numbers. The only downside is StL will be behind a lot next year. That means they will be throwing the ball a lot more. The plus……Steven Jackson is probably their best receiver. He is StL football. He’s all they have.
My prediction: 1100-1200 rush yds 7-9 TD, 500-600 rec yds 5 TD
So, there’s my top 10, I’m sure some of you will disagree with the rankings, but there my rankings so deal with it :D :D :D…….you’re more than welcomed to post your top 10! Good luck to all of you this season!
Thanks for posting!
Had my first of two drafts this weekend.
ten team, redraft, standard scoring
1QB, 2RB, 1WR/RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K
Gore, Portis, Felix, Donald Brown, LJ
Calvin Johnson, Colston, TJ Housh, Ginn, Avery
Slaton, RGrant, RBrown, CWells, JJones
Fitzgerald, RWhite, LColes, Steve Smith (NYG), Chris Chambers
Here's one of many teams that I will have (1st draft was last night) I must say I'm very happy with this team. Std H2H 10 man league- 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE Flex, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 K, 1 DB, 1 D, 1 D/ST (confusing huh)Anyway, this is what I ended up with
RB- A.D. (he fell in my lap at #2 pick.....Brady went #1, crazy)
TE- D. Clark
WR/RB Flex- D. McFadden
WR/TE Flex- Santana Moss
D- J. Mayo
DB- A. Winfield
anyone interested in playing in a 25$ fantasy league on yahoo league draft is this saturday....
please email- [email protected] for all the info
I think you are wrong about Deangelo my friend.. The guy just needed his chance to be the man. He is a beast, and that sick td run against the dolphins in the preseason shows he is in midseason form.. Granted it's the preseason, it was against a 1st string defense with some guys still fighter for roster spots. Now with Jonathan Stewart ailing, Deangelo's stock is rocketing.
Steve Slaton is pretty high for a guy that isn't even garunteed goal line work.
About DWill: Yes the schedule is tougher this year, but the Car o-line still looks dominant. Also, JStew's injury lingers making DWill the safe bet for the lion's share of carries. Risk, sure. But outside of the top few RBs they all do.
Personally I would not likely take one of the 2nd group in the first round. I'd rather get an elite WR and get one of the 2nd group in the next round.
Here’s my top 10 WR for the 09’ Season.
1. Andre Johnson- I’d choose A.J. over Fitz because a lot of the damage that Fitz did last yr was while Boldin was injured (6 of Fitz TD while Boldin was hurt). You know what your gonna get with A.J. every single game…….as long as he stays healthy.
2. Fitz- Most people have Fitz #1 and A.J. # 2. I still think Fitz is going to have a killer season but, I would take A.J. first. You really can’t go wrong with either pick IMO.
3. R. Moss- With Tom Brady back and the addition of Joey Galloway. Look for Moss to have another killer season.
4. Calvin Johnson- We all know he’s a stud……what we don’t know is how the O-line will hold up protecting the rookie QB. That’s my only concern with drafting C. Johnson…….the QB situation.
5. Steve Smith- Has been kinda quiet the past few season but, still should have a solid campaign for 09’. Only concern is injury.
6. Reggie Wayne- Always has a solid season and you never really here of him making headlines. Almost guaranteed to get you at least 75 yds per game and a TD. Should be solid again this yr.
7. Roddey White- He exploded on to the scene last yr. Defenses will probably keep a better eye on him this yr but, the addition of T. Gonzales only helps his case.
8. Greg Jennings-Can’t go wrong here. Not flashy but very productive. A. Rodgers should only be better in his 2nd yr. as the starter and his favorite target in the red zone is Jennings.
9. Marques Colston- Colston and Brees already look like they’re in mid-season form. Could have a top 3 type of yr if he stays healthy.
10. A. Bolding- I actually think he could produce better points than Fitz if he stays healthy. Only time will tell.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of these WR's. Should be able to pick up two of the top 10 in the first 4 rds if you draft right!
Im a firm believer in fresh legs. Deangelo is the man in Carolina. Stewart will get some carries IF healthy, but deangelo will get the bulk.
Had my second draft Friday night.
This league is a little QB heavy, then RB, and WRs& TEs not so much. K & DEF are not worth much.
Starting requirements: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 DEF, 1 K
Peyton Manning, Palmer
ADP, PierreT, Moreno, Wells, D.Brown, B.Scott
Bowe, AGates, DMason, SSmith NYG, JCarlson, CHenry
Pretty happy overall. The draft format is a little odd as we redraw draft order every 2 rounds. I was hoping to get a late slot and go RB & QB. I was really hoping to end up with Brees or Rodgers since I think both will go off this year. But, I ended up with the first overall and felt ADP was the only choice. Rodgers was taken the pick before my 2nd. Peyton is an OK fallback. My league was really sleeping on the rookie RBs so I pretty much got most of them.
Not real worried about my WR/TEs... I will look to improve them by dealing my RBs over the course of the season.
Just swung my first deal of the season:
Gave away Wells,Palmer,Raiders
Got back Greg Jennings, Titans
1 QB: Peyton Manning
2 RB: ADP, Pierre Thomas (bench:Moreno,D.Brown)
3 WR/TE: Jennings, Bowe, Gates (bench: DMason, SSmith NYG, JCarlson)
1 DEF: Titans
1 K: K.Brown
That guy either has to have Luke mccown as his starting qb, or he is a total moron.... Why give away a top defense and top 8 reciever for an injury prone qb witha sorry offensive line, a rookie running back who is currently a backup and a defense that is already in shambles..... Great trade for you..
I agree, great trade!
Well he had Cassel (injured) and Flacco as his QBs.
Palmer and Beanie both have some upside. Beanie could start week 1.
And he was weak at RB with Brandon Jacobs, Addai, and meh.
Basically it was a perfect storm of a injured QB, weakness at RB, and Beanie going off in preseason game #3 for two TDs.
There is basically nothing on the waiver wire for backup QBs (Hill, Bulger, Sanchez, Stafford), so I am looking to acquire one.
Looking for some advice:
I have an offer on the table to give Gates/SSmith(NYG)/Henry to get Taylor/JCharles/Burleson.
-My lineup is stacked, time to get conservative and add strategic depth.
The scoring places a premium on RB and QB and WR much less so, so I want to solidify those positions first.
-Hate to give up Gates, but without a mandatory TE, he really is just one of many targets in SD. Besides I think Mason/Carlson are OK at WR3.
-Burleson/Henry is kind of a wash in fairly similar circumstances.
-JCharles is a trade piece for the Grant\Orton owner who also has LJ. I am looking to acquire Grant\Orton for Pierre\Charles as I currently have no backup QB.
- I may be dropping SSmith (NYG) anyways for someone with more upside.
- Winslow is available off waivers.
Passed on the deal for now.
Keep S. Smith for now (IMO) I think he will emerge as the go-to-guy for Eli and the Giants
Hey Esp!!! Grade my team for me plz. I drafted at number 7 outta a group of twelve cats with 15 rounds. We start one QB, two RB's, three WR's, a TE, defense, and a kicker.
Just got done with my $$$$/very competitive league draft this weekend. I'm not entirely happy with my team, but, I still think I drafted alright considering the tough competition that I'll have in the league. Here's my line-up
RB- P. Thomas
WR- A. Johnson
TE- O. Dainels
K- Don't remember.....don't care :)
-Ted Ginn Jr.
Things I don't like: Heyward-Bey and Crabtree are not good picks. WR depth. Berrian and Walter are fine but both have minor injuries to start the season.
I was totally unimpressed with Bey in preseason. Didn't even try for one catchable ball, because a defender was close by. I would much rather have Burleson or Chris Henry on my bench than either of those. I'd also consider Carnell Williams who has been undrafted in some leagues but was named the starter in TB. Also, James Davis has a chance to take over for Jamal Lewis in CLE.
Yea, I'm not too worried about the QB/TE position but, my Def worries me a little bit. Hopefully they'll pan out. Ya never really know what's gonna happen in FFB. I think I took a big gamble on DMC (took him in 4th) but I recovered nicely by getting P.Thomas in the 6th rd
(don't know how he fell that far down). The elite TE went fast (3,4,5 rds) So, I figured I would stack up on other positions and sit happy with Dainels (8th rd)/Fasano (12 rd)!
Alright, I'm really undecided on who to start......need some input.
McFadden vs. S.D.
Ray Rice vs. Chief.
On paper I would start McFadden. Sure he has a tougher opponent but he will get more carries. Do I go for the "sure" carries or do I put a RB in who goes up against a crappy team but with probable less carries....I dunno who to start.....thoughts
Well (as of right now) it looks like P. Thomas might not play this week, if that happens I guess I gotta play both of them......oh well
Of the other two, I think I'd lean to Rice vs KC since they have been more clear about Rice's role in the offense. I think DMC will be fine as well, but it is OAK and they have 3 RBs, and have not named a starter, so I am a little leery.
I've thought about mike bell but I should be okay since I got L.T., DMC, and Rice and can start all three of them. DMC will be the starter and will get most of the load so I'm not too worried about it.
It looks like (hopefully) is just a knee sprain for P. Thomas. I really hope it doesn't keep him out too long. Boldin might also be out this weekend......I can't beleive my $$$$ team is already getting hit with the injury bug :banghead :banghead
Guys, I need some input. I'm drafting tomorrow morning in a fantasy league that will allow for 9 active players (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF) and 5 reserve players. How should I draft?
Option 1: (1 QB, 4 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)
Option 2: (2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)
Option 3: (2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)
I always load up on RB's. You really don't need a back-up for TE/QB if you have solid starters.I would draft the following
1 QB, 5RB, 5WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF....just my opinion
Another reason I'd only draft 1 TE is because TE's a really deep this year. You could look at getting Dustin Keller, Anthony Fasano, Kevin Boss, Shainacoe, or John Carlson waaaaaaaaay later in a draft. All of these guys are very serviceable if ya don't get a top TE. Heck I would take these guys over half of the big name guys (witten, clark, gates,etc) because of the round you can get them in. You can look at getting these guys in the 8 rd or later and almost get the same value/numbers as someone would spend on a 4/5 rd elite TE.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I just finished my draft. Here's how it went. There were 12 people in the league and I drafted number 5 (I really don't like drafting in the middle but w/e).
QB- Drew Brees
RB- LaDainian Tomlinson
RB- Joseph Addai
WR- Steve Smith (CAR)
WR- Dwayne Bowe
WR- Hines Ward
TE- Owen Daniels
K- Nate Kaeding
RB Willie Parker
RB Ray Rice
WR Kevin Walters
WR Isaac Bruce
TE Jeremy Shockey
What do you guys think of my draft? Also, I'd like some feedback on whether I should start Daniels or Shockey as my TE and who should my second starting RB be.
Parker and Rice are both easily better starts than Addi.
I would start Rice over Parker this week. Pitt plays Tenn and Bal plays K.C., both will be the primary starting RB on thier respective teams but Rice has a better match-upn this week.I would also look at starting possibly Walters over Ward and Shocky over Dainels this week (N.O. plays Det) besides that your team looks solid.
Alright, here are my "sleeper" picks for week 1. If you have these people ya might wanna give them a look this week.
QB- Matt Hassleback, He's playing at home against StL.....nuff'said
RB- Cedric Benson, he's going up against a horrible run def in Denver (worst run def last yr) and the Bengals actually have a decent O-line. Look for Benson to run all over Den this week.
WR- Eddie Royal, Den is going to be horrible this yr and be playing from behind a lot. Royal is Den primary WR and should an ample of rec yds during "garbage time"
TE- Dustin Keller, NYJ play Hou this weekend. Their secondary is really still a question mark. With Sanchez at the helm,look for him to target his sure handed TE
DEF- Sea, see explanation at QB
I'm so irritated :banghead :banghead :banghead......guess who I didn't start? S. Holmes....Oh well, what can ya do? I sure wasn't gonna start him over A. Johnson or A. Boldin. Can't win'em all.....
At least he looks primed for a nice season. Plenty of games left in the season. I'd rather have a player on my bench shine, than suck. But, I do know what you mean...
Well, I had my @$$ handed to me this week.....:banghead...not gonna get too mad, had a really bad week. P.Thomas was hurt, Boldin had 19 yds, A. Johnson had 35yds, and McNabb fractured his rib. Can it get any worse:shrug......hopefully not
well this thread has kinda died................How did everyone do in wk two? My team played well enough to win! I'm in need of a RB badly.....I have Tomlinson (hurt), P.Thomas (hurt), R. Rice (lost his starting job),C. Williams (starter but shares the load with two other RB), and McFadden (hasn't produced much yet).....I'm in for a long season....
2-0 in my competitive 12 team league. Peyton carried me to a win in the game-winning drive in Monday Night Football.
Still struggling at RB2 behind ADP with Pierre out, but I have Bell who has carried me fine. Pierre looks to get more work in this week- I hope. Backups are Donald Brown and Knowshon Moreno. Neither are reliable starts but have favorable trends that could mean that take the lead in carries for their team's soon.
Fairly deep at the WR/TE position (start 3). I have Jennings, Bowe, Antonio Gates, & Steve Smith (NYG). Derrick Mason has not been as strong, but I snagged Mario Manningham since we have free add/drops at any time. Really feel like an embarrassment of riches here.
If Pierre returns to prominence I will be stacked. I need a backup QB for Peyton's bye and another reliable option at RB. Leftwich and Sanchez are serviceable options on waivers or I could make a trade of WR/TEs to address the backup QB & RBs.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4