News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > SpursReport Sports Zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-09, 08:13 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Well how did everyone do? Once again, I did well enough to win but not that good. P. Thomas went off (too bad I didn't start him ) but, it's always better for a player sitting on your bench to go off than to not do anything at all.
Old 09-28-09, 09:55 AM
SpursReport Rookie

3-0, Peyton helped me be the pts leader a second week in a row. Steve Smith (NYG) is an every week starter. Gambled on Pierre this week and it paid off big time. A lineup of Peyton, ADP, Pierre, Jennings, Smith, etc. is going to be tough to beat. Moreno, DBrown, DBowe, Manningham, DMason, AGates all solid depth.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-29-09, 03:58 PM

Some people you should think about scooping up off the waiver wire for week 4....

Glenn Coffee, RB SF(Gore is out,playing StL at home)
Marshawn Lynch, RB Buf (coming back from suspension)
Shaun Hill QB SF (playing StL at home)

Can anyone else think of a few players......
Old 09-29-09, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Wing View Post
3-0, Peyton helped me be the pts leader a second week in a row. Steve Smith (NYG) is an every week starter. Gambled on Pierre this week and it paid off big time. A lineup of Peyton, ADP, Pierre, Jennings, Smith, etc. is going to be tough to beat. Moreno, DBrown, DBowe, Manningham, DMason, AGates all solid depth.
Yeah, I'm 2-1 in my $$$$ league...I just need to get healthy. McNabb should be okay after his bye wk and it looks like Tomlinson is getting healthy, I also have R. Rice, P. Thomas, McFad, and just picked up Glenn Coffee, which should be a nice stop gap for a week or two. I'm loaded at the WR spot (A.J., Boldin, Holmes, Harvin) and my TE has quietly produced (Daniels), I guess I just gotta ride out the injury bug for a week or two more. Then (hopefully) my team will be rolling......
Old 09-30-09, 08:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post

Can anyone else think of a few players......
These are players to consider for the rest of the season:

RBs: Tashard Choice, Fred Taylor (but faces BAL this week)
WRs: Burleson (still available in lots of leagues, Johnny Knox, Mike Sims-Walker
TEs: Celek or Vernon Davis if either are still there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-09-09, 01:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Here are some people who I think should be picked up from waiver wires for week 5.

QB: David Garrard (Posted great numbers last week against the Titans and has a favorable matchup this week as well against the Seahawks. He might still be available in a few leagues and is definitely worth picking up especially if your starting QB has a bye week.)

RB: Rashard Mendenhall and Jerome Harrison (both Willie Parker and Jamal Lewis are injured and both have great matchups this week with the Steelers going up against the Lions and the Browns going up against the Bills. In addition, Mendenhall and Harrison both put up great numbers in their week 4 starts)

WR: Mohamed Mossaquoi (since the Browns traded Edwards to the Jets, Mossaquoi could be the number one WR in Cleveland and no 1 WRs are almost impossible to find in waiver wires. For this reason, another player worth following is Chansi Stuckey) and Patrick Crayton (Roy E Williams is injured which makes Crayton the top receiver in Dallas for now. It also doesn't hurt that he's going up against the Chiefs this week). Also, if these following guys are still on the waiver (unlikely), you should definitely consider picking up: Mike Sims-Walker and Pierre Garcon.

TE: Heath Miller (going up against the Lions and posted 2 TDs against the Chargers in week 4. With the ridiculous depth at TE this year, there's a good chance Miller might still be out in the free agent pool (he is in my fantasy league).

Last edited by snybas; 10-09-09 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-12-09, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I decided to come back to get some expert advice from esparzar1.
I didn't get to draft my team but this is what I got.

QB: Schaub,Cassel
RB: Westbrook, Moreno, R.Grant, K,Smith
WR: Fitz, Boldin, Evans, I picked up Giants Smith on waviers
TE: Winslow, Keller
D/ST: Broncos D/ST, Packers D/ST
K: Folk, Graham

Weakest spot so far has been my running game. I'm happy with Fitz and Smith at WR, so should I look to trade Boldin and Westbrook(or one of the other RB) and try to get a top RB?
Old 10-13-09, 09:50 AM

cool cat, you have a very solid team. True your RB's are probably your weekest position but your still solid. Westbrook seems healthy (now if he can only stay healthy) and Grant is a quiet solid starter. You're loaded in the WR position, and your TE,DEF,K are solid. Very solid team overall. I would drop Cassel (he's worthless fantasy wise). How many people can your start in your league? QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE,K,DEF? Depending on what you can start I would possibly look at maybe trading one of your low end RB (Moreno/K.Smith) and throw in Boldin or Smith to get a stud RB.I wouldn't trade westbrook. He's been hurt and started slow but IMO he's way to valuable to trade.
Again your team is solid enough to stay put. If your winning in your league don't change anything. There's plenty of FA's out there and your can always get a steal if you look hard enough.
Old 10-13-09, 10:12 AM

So, how did everyone do in week five? I stomped the competition. McNabb is healthy and looks good (thank god) A. Johnson went off for me and R. Rice had another quiet yet effective day. I think my team is going to stay put for now. Hopefully LT can begin to show me something now that he's healthy. This is my line-up. So, far they have been good enough to get me a few wins, the season is young but I have a pretty good feeling about my team.

QB- McNabb....already had his bye, should be solid the rest of the season.
RB- LT, P.Thomas, R.Rice, Mendenhall, Coffee. Coffee got hurt and Gore is expected back after thier bye, I'm hoping Medenhall showed enough to get more carries with Parker expected back next week. I'm really hoping he can take the starting job by seasons end.
WR- AJ, Boldin, Holmes, Harvin, Massaquoi....solid at this position
TE- Dainels, G. Olsen.....solid enough for now
DEF- NE,SF....this is my week position. I might make a trade to beef up my Def
K- Longwell...solid
Old 10-13-09, 12:49 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Nice team, esparzar.

My team is sitting at 5-0 and looking crazy strong right now for a 12 team league.

QBs (start 1): Peyton, Stafford This is bye week, so I am considering options besides Stafford.
RBs (start 2): ADP, Pierre Thomas, Moreno, DBrown, MBell Moreno is starting to come on strong. PT and ADP are locked in until ADP's WK9 bye.
WR/TEs (start 3): Jennings, SSmith (NYG), AGates, DBowe, DMason, MManningham
D/ST: Eagles, Saints Both are past the BYE, I may move one as a trade piece.
K: Carney

I feel a little vulnerable to an injury to ADP and Manning, so I am looking at trying to acquire a better backup QB and Chester Taylor.

Right now, every draft pick, waiver pick up, and move I've made seems golden. Better to be lucky than good.
Old 10-13-09, 02:45 PM

xwing, you're loaded at RB ADP,Thomas,and Moreno are solid (you're right Moreno is starting to really come on strong)Just like you I have P. Thomas, I really, really, really think he's going to be a beast the rest of the year!!!!!! I think by years end only ADP will have a better statistical fantasy year. That's my bold prediction !!!! You're team is stacked all around. I wouldn't be suprised (injury free) if you won your league.....On a side note, I put in for the Packers and dropped the 49ers for my Def. I think GB Def should come around soon. Plus they're playing Det. next week.
Old 10-13-09, 03:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes, the GBP d/st has looked good. And their remaining schedule has given up the 5th most fantasy points to defenses this year. They should be good.
Old 10-14-09, 07:33 AM

Yeah, the season is still fairly early so we will see what happens. I'm sitting 3-2 in my money league. I think I can definetly compete in to the playoffs (wk 15/16). I'm gonna have to wait it out and see. I'm really hoping that LT will get his act together and show me something!
Old 10-16-09, 10:47 AM

Who are your sleepers/must starts for wk 6?

1. Anybody from Sea (Hassleback, Burelson, whosyourmama, Carlson) Ari is giving up the most passing yds per game and sea looks really good right now.
2. Garrard, if you need a fill in QB this week he would be a nice option. At home Garrard has avg. over 300 yds per game.
3. NE/GB def. GB is playing at home against det who might still be w/o stafford and c. Johnson. NE has a take away in their past 13 gms and playing against a tenn team that has the 2nd most turnovers in the league.
4.L.T., here's a sleeper pick. Den has been tough this yr against the run (#6) but LT has had an excellent track record against them in the past and an even better track record playing on MNF. Lots of things working for SD this wk (playing at home, coming off a bye, Den coming of another emotional win) I really think this is the game that SD becomes the team that we know they can be (possible SB contenders) and it will also show that Den (while good) isn't as good as people are giving them credit for.
Old 10-19-09, 12:33 PM

Well I had another solid week in FF, I won easily and I didn't play O.Dainels and Ray Rice .....I know, I know....stupid. Anway, I started G. Olsen instead of Dainels and he was alright (something like 70yds and a TD) and was really debating on starting Rice b/c he was on the road against a tough run d. It's looking like Rice is quietly becoming an elite Fantasy RB....and to think everyone in my league was laughing when I picked him up in the 9th rd.....hahahahaha...
Old 10-20-09, 08:49 AM

Alright with the halfway point of the season right around the corner here are some people you should trade for and drop if you can.

Pick-up/Trade for:
Rashad Mendenhall Pitt- He’s taking the starting spot from Parker and will be crucial for the Steelers run game. You should be able to get him fairly cheap due to the fact that Parker’s back.
B. Edwards NYJ- He drops balls but still is going to play a significant part with the Jets for the rest of the season. Plus Cotchery’s injury is still up in question
Cadillac Williams TB- He started off with a strong game and then fell of the map. He’s probably available in most leagues and should be a good filler for bye weeks and good match-ups. Sure, his team sucks but he’s still a nice addition to have on the bench.
Anthony Gonzales Ind- He might not be back for another wk or so but when he does I think his value goes up and the two no-name WR’s value goes down.

Drop/trade away:
T.O Buf- He’s a cancer and is not worth the risk.
McGahee Bal- He was on a tear early in the season but his days are numbered. Trade him while he’s still worth a little bit.
B. Jacobs- It’s crazy that I’m putting him on this list but I say TRADE HIM while you can. Bradshaw for the third wk in a row produced better numbers with less carries. His trade value should be pretty good right now.
There’s a few more people to drop or trade for but these are some that have came to my mind…..anyone else….. please post!
Old 10-30-09, 07:43 AM

I'm so frustrated with the Spurs I need to talk some football to calm down.......Anyway. just made a semi-bluckbuster deal in my big league. I traded away L.T. and Boldin for V. Jackson and B. Jacobs. I know, I know, I'm not even taking my own advice.....But, it looks like Jacobs is turning it around and I've given up on L.T. I think I got a steel with Jackson over Boldin. What's your thoughts??????
Old 10-30-09, 11:22 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes, especially with Boldin dinged, you made out great. I like both players you got over what you gave up. Nice job.

I made two trades recently. I acquired BJacobs as well. I wanted to trade WR depth for another top WR, and get a solid backup QB.

I gave:
Pierre Thomas (leery of the timeshare, and TD vultures from Bell)
Knowshon Moreno (not sure 1 RB dominates in DEN, sell high after the Buckhalter injury)
Antonio Gates (TE combined with WR position)
Mario Manningham (who cares, Nicks was on waivers and I think he may be better)

I got:
BJacobs(I think he turns it around, and Bradshaw has the foot issue)
JAddai (IND scoring points a plenty, seeing 65% of carries, Brown dinged)
RMoss (Hadn't been great but now turning it on)
CPalmer (needed a backup, proceeded to go nuts last weekend)

Then, last week:

I gave:
SSmith (NYG) (Sell high, starting to get more respect by DEF, NYG may run more)
DMason (Just WR depth for me, but solid WR)

I got:
LFitz (hadn't been great, but the talent is unquestionable)
Caddy (don't really need, trade filler)

For a 12 team league I am so stacked it is crazy.
QBs: Peyton, Palmer
RBs: ADP, BJacobs, JAddai
WRs: Fitz, Moss, Bowe, Jennings
K: Carney
DEF: PHI, NOS

This team is way better than last year's even when we only had a 10 team league.
Old 10-30-09, 01:26 PM

Oh hell yeah!!!! You made out good!!!!!!
This is my current roster

QB- McNabb
RB- R. Rice, Mendenhall, Jacobs, P.Thomas (not really happy w/Thomas but he's my 4th string. can't complian too much)
WR- A. Johnson,V. Jackson,Holmes,Harvin,M. Wallace,L. Moore
TE- Daniels, Olsen
K- Longwell
Def- GB, NE
Old 10-30-09, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Guys, I really need input on this. I have LaDainian Tomlinson against the Raiders (great matchup for him), Ray Rice against the Broncos (he's been great, but this will be a tough matchup for him), and Joseph Addai against the 49ers (ok matchup, but Donald Brown is injured so he'll get more carries). Which two should I start?
Old 10-30-09, 08:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

snybas, all are great options this week, all playing at home. I don't think you can go wrong. I probably go with LT and RR. If LT doesn't come thru this week, you may have to keep him on the bench going forward.
Old 10-31-09, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Sorry about moving this thread over here but we're cleaning up some threads and we don't want to accidentally delete it. :drummer
Old 11-02-09, 08:33 AM

So how did everyone do this weekend? I had a solid week. I actually spoke waaaaaay too soon. The people in my league vetoed the trade (LT/Boldin) for (Jackson/Jacobs) ........I was soooo mad. Oh, well can't win-em all.
Old 11-02-09, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Old 11-02-09, 01:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Picked up the win to go to 7-1 and take sole possession of 1st place. Played the owner with Slaton, Owen Daniels, Boldin, and Brandon Marshall. They combined for 7 pts. I still have Carney and NOS defense going tonight.

Also, my league has free adds/drops at any point (including during games). I added Moats at halftime after I saw he was in for Slaton and seemed to be doing OK. Before he went for 3 TDs...
Old 11-12-09, 11:01 AM

So, I'm trying to get V. Jackson.....still.....I offered Medenhall, P. Harvin, and Boldin for V. Jackson and Jacobs. I think I'm over paying a little bit but I still should be okay. IF the trade goes through my team will look like this.

QB- McNabb
RB- Rice, P.Thomas, Jacobs, LT, J. Charles
WR- A. Johnson, V. Jackson, S. Holmes, M. Wallace
TE- Olsen (he works but I would still like to improve in this spot)
K- Longwell
DEF- GB, NE
Hopefully the trade goes through and doesn't get vetoed
Old 11-12-09, 01:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I do like Mendy more than Jacobs, mainly because PIT's remaining strength of schedule vs rushing is great. BUT VJax is a big upgrade for you at WR. VJax is one of the biggest surprises of the year. He's developed into a real consistent go-to target and top 10 WR.

I think Jacobs is a good buy low. To a lesser extent, his situation is similar to Stephen Jackson. Very respectable production so far, minus the TDs. He does have a tough remaining schedule strength for rushing, with three matchups (DEN, WAS, & PHI) in the bottom 25% for allowing fantasy scoring. But I believe the NYGs will have to start giving him more touches after the BYE. If you only start 2 RBs, he is great depth. Otherwise, he is a solid flex play.
Old 11-12-09, 02:58 PM

Yea, I'm thinking the same way. Jackson is a beast and with AJ my WR's are elite. I lose a little in the flex by giving away Boldin/Harvin/Mendenhall but I can still start Jacobs with good match-ups or choose between my two Pitt WR's (holmes/wallace) and if LT will get going I still have him. Hopefully it works out. Playoffs are fast approaching and I'm just trying to beef-up my starting line-up. I could care less about the bench once the playoffs start