News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-28-09, 03:07 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

US v Brazil in finals

I've tried to watch the game, I really have, but ESPNs broadcast borders on painfully dull. There's some kind of weird hum in the background that sounds like you're surrounded by a hive of really angry bees. The announcers can barely be heard and when you do hear them they have all the excitement of someone covering a funeral.

There's no excitement, no reason to even care, now if I understand Spanish better I'd watch the Univision broadcast, at least their announcers are excited, easily heard over whatever that droning noise is, but alas, I only know enough Spanish to get myself in trouble.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-09, 10:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ESPN really did have a terrible broadcast. They have a better group that does the Champions League games that they should have used, I think that group did the Spain v. S Africa game. It was a very exciting game though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-29-09, 12:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahoopster View Post
ESPN really did have a terrible broadcast. They have a better group that does the Champions League games that they should have used, I think that group did the Spain v. S Africa game. It was a very exciting game though.
ESPN American announcers suck terribly. They're detached from the game, slightly empathetic, and not the least bit emotional. If you watch Univision, they're all about passion and excitement. It seems like they want the US to win more than the ESPN guys do usually. There's also the ESPN scottish/english pairing, which is MUCH better than the team USA announcers. They never mince words, they call things like they see them, they use an appropriate amount of enthusiasm, etc. They usually cover non-US matches on ESPN, while we get the dreadful ones for US matches.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 06-29-09, 11:51 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I don't know, I like the ESPN USA soccer broadcasts just fine. Reminds me of their tennis broadcasts, which I like a lot too. They just talk about the game, no annoying banter or other BS. And they talk like normal people, not ridiculously affected idiots like NBA broadcasters. The second half was painful to watch, but the broadcast I liked a lot.