News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-10-09, 12:26 PM
Dr. Dash

ESPN's Scott Van Pelt suspended

Scott Van Pelt is serving a one-day “time out” from his ESPN Radio co-hosting gig, because of his rant about Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig. The bit made its way to YouTube (here) and includes these soundbites – Selig’s $18.5 million salary makes Van Pelt “choke on my own vomit.” Van Pelt compares Selig (“SEE-lig”) to a “pimp.” And he charges that Selig was “complicit” in baseball’s steroid scandal.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-09, 12:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

These are just feeble remarks. Don't really require a suspension. I like Van Pelt. ESPN should just back off and suspend Steven A. Smith instead for being obnoxious as hell.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-14-09, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

ESPN is pretty stupid. This is normal crap that would be on The Herd which I think is one of the worst shows on the radio. Same thing goes for Duel's show, what a pant load, and that one is local. SVP is one of my favorite guys on ESPN, and the sad thing is, he's more than right on his comments toward Selig.
Old 02-16-09, 04:16 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joballer View Post
ESPN should just....suspend Steven A. Smith instead for being obnoxious as hell.
+1 From your keyboard to God's ears.
Old 02-19-09, 12:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfor21 View Post
ESPN is pretty stupid. This is normal crap that would be on The Herd which I think is one of the worst shows on the radio. Same thing goes for Duel's show, what a pant load, and that one is local. SVP is one of my favorite guys on ESPN, and the sad thing is, he's more than right on his comments toward Selig.

Damn straight he's right and ESPN knows it but they suspend him to suck up to their biggest business partner, MLB.

What a bunch of Punks there at ESPN.