News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-30-08, 11:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Another fan criticizes the Cowboys

Another fan criticizes the Cowboys
1:31 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Tim MacMahon

This guy didn't show up on Cowboys Parkway with a sandwich board. And he actually has some credibility when it comes to winning championships.

San Antonio Spurs glue guy Bruce Bowen, who addressed the Cowboys during the 2007 training camp at the Alamodome, believes his favorite NFL team was doomed by the presence of too many self-centered players.

"It's very disappointing," Bowen told the San Antonio Express-News, "but character wins out over talent any day, at least in my book. You can see how infectious certain characters can be down the end of the road."

Bowen declined to say which players he thought were the problem. Any guesses?

Comments

Posted by Jackson @ 1:46 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Amazing that everyone seems to get this except Boss Hog (and his overpaid, overhyped, star players).

Posted by jimbo24 @ 1:48 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Well, I think Captain Obvious has made a great point... T.O MUST GO!!!!

Posted by Matt @ 1:56 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Yep, it's obvious...L.P. Ladacuer is the cancer in the lockerroom. I knew that guy was trouble when we signed him...

Posted by Mig @ 1:58 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
If you want to listen to a delusional old man, trying to do damage control and be optimistic about next season, go to DallasCowboys.com - Intro and listen to the JJ show with Norm Hitzges.

JJ is officially borderline in Al Davis territory.

Posted by PJ @ 1:59 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Couldn't be any more well said.

This is true from the professional level down to the playground level.

This is why the rest of the world was beating us in basketball. Those foreign guys had been playing together for years and we expected to throw a team of all-stars together and win. Well we didn't and woke up and realized this. That's why USA Basketball tried to make Team USA more team-oriented.

Now when will Jerry realize this? That's the part that angers me more than the Cowboys losing. Jerry is becoming more and more like Dan Snyder.

Posted by objective observer @ 2:05 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
To Mig: Don't even try to compare JJ with Al Davis. One guy knows football and the other guy thinks he knows football. As much as I hate the SOB Al Davis, JJ can't hold a candle to Davis who coached a great Raiders team in the 60s before John Madden got there. It was Davis' team he assembled that really got to the Super Bowl, Madden was lucky enough to inherit that team. The Raiders were the worst team in the AFL before Davis took over as coach. His first year he went 10-4. If it was not for Jimmy Johnson, Dallas would be praying for the reincarnation of Tex Schram and Tom Landry.

Posted by Cowboy Elmo @ 2:06 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Mig
It ain't borderline Al Davis, he has entered that zone to it's fullest capacity. Do us all a favor Jerry and sell the team. Please. Get out, go, see yeah, go ---- yourself, etc. Anyway you want to put it, it is time for Jerry Jones to get out of Texas. He sent packing the one good bit of FOOTBALL BUSINESS he ever made. Jimmy Johnson. If you must stay you over inflated ego freak, I think it is time to find one of those "other" 500 coaches that can coach this team. Sell the Team and get a new face or something of that nature. You are an absolute creep and America's Team deserves better. MUCH BETTER!

Posted by Dude, get a job @ 2:09 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Tim,
The line of people who hate Owens isn't going to get any longer, so please stop with the posts in which you are trying to influence the readers that Owens is the problem on this team.

Posted by chris @ 2:32 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Well it seems pretty odvious that Keith Davis's birthday party was far more important than the doing thier job of trying to win football games. TO isnt as big of a problem as the media makes it seem. I think it is the team has players that are only there for the flash, the paychecks, the attention and could care less about what the fans and what the owner wants.

Posted by Jim @ 2:38 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
The Boy's are going to take an awful lot of heat and rightfully so. They could have played the game instead of just showing up or did they even show up! Lets just say they weren't there at all. Get rid of Jason Garrett, it didn't take long for the world to see thru him!
report as objectionable
Posted by king in memphis @ 3:24 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008

I don't know anymore.

Posted by David W @ 4:15 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Where do I begin as to whom Bowen was referring?

1. Ms. Pacman Jones
2. Ms. Pacman Jones
3. Ms. Pacman Jones
4. Ms. Pacman Jones
5. Ms. Pacman Jones
6. Keith Davis
7. Tank Johnson

Honestly, if Pacman stays with the Boys' I just may find a different team to root for or just drop the NFL all together and watch CFB only. I am almost 37 years a fan and this guy is the absolute most disgraceful individual to ever suit up in a Cowboys uniform.

Ha, who am I kidding. Pacman will get drunk and beat up some stripper while he is making it rain at a Scrip Club and get banned from the league within 60 days from now.

Posted by jason @ 4:31 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
hey adam jones is not drunk don't talk like that alright leave bruce bowen alone you remember he hit that 3 against mavs HAHAHAHAHA in 2 OT GO SPURS GO sorry mavs fans no disrespect alright.

Posted by ryan @ 4:34 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
even though i agree

GOD I HATE BRUCE BOWEN.......

Posted by The Heat @ 4:51 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
"Yep, it's obvious...L.P. Ladacuer is the cancer in the lockerroom. I knew that guy was trouble when we signed him..."

LOL!!!

Posted by cowboy fans are too stupid to realize what's going on @ 5:02 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
The list is too getting longer. Add me to the list, he's killing this team and you idiots are too narrow minded to see it. Open your eyes people!

Posted by Roger the Dodger @ 5:28 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
Why isnt is obvioius to the world that the most important position in a team sport is the coach. He can take less talent and win, a bad coach can take more talent and loose. The Spurs are not the most talented team in basketball, the just have the most heart. No matter if you hate Bowen, it would be nice to have a player like him on the Cowboys who would do anything to win. Imagine if the Cowboys got a football coach like Pop. Imagine him shaking up the Cowboys lockeroom. I guarantee they would win a Superbowl the first year.

Posted by angry cowboys fan @ 5:51 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
jerry is not going to change unless-jason garrett, "the chosen one", is hired as a head coach somewhere. if the "chosen one" is hired as a head coach for next season, then coach cupcake will be fired, until then continue to enjoy the circus. jerry is so out of touch if he thinks this offense can take him to a super bowl and once the player see that coach cupcake is all about nothing and still go over his head to talk to the owner/gm, it becomes a joke. first of all coach cupcake failed to have a meeting with the team or the team captains, but decided to the media to implement his "get tough policy"; therefore leaving the players in the dark. what a way to start the off season, now the players will have no respect regardless of the situation. i see this train headed for a gigantic wreck after next season with jerry looking like a fool, this current cowboys team will not be winning a lombardi trophy in 2010, guaranteed. therefore, i believe cowboys fans need to boycott jerry world next season, that is the only way he will get the message, when it hurts him in the wallet and have a half empty stadium. that is the only way to bring jerry out of his delusionness. it's time to boycott!!!

Posted by kyle @ 10:07 PM Tue, Dec 30, 2008
If character wins over talent, the service academies would win national championships every year. besides, didn't dallas try winning "the right way" once before??

DALLAS COWBOYS Blog | The Dallas Morning News