News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-28-08, 10:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Ditka to sub in for Blagojevich?

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:20 pm EST
Ditka to sub in for Blagojevich?
By MJD

There's a movement out there to try to get Mike Ditka in the Illinois governor's office in place of current enterprising governor Rod Blagojevich.

Ditka's qualifications, of course, are many. He's got a career record of 121-95 as a head coach in the NFL. He seems like a fair-minded guy. He was strongly considered as a candidate to run against Barack Obama for a U.S. Senate seat in 2004. He's got a fantastic mustache. From what I can tell, he's fluent in two languages, English and Emmitt. And if it came to it, he could probably afford to buy the spot. I heard that happens sometimes in Illinois.

The website, dagoverner.com, has this message:
We da people of Illinois are sick and tired of scumbag politicians who think dat it's their job to lie, cheat and steal. No more! We deserve somebody in charge who we can trust. Somebody who we can depend on. Somebody who we know understands the difference between right and wrong and won't be afraid to kick corruption in the ass harder than da '85 Bears beat down da Patriots in da Super Bowl!

Dat's right, my friends. Da man for da job is Coach Ditka. So let's make it happen! Ditka for Governor!!

It also has a lot of "Ditka for Governor" merchandise for sale. It's probably worth noting that Ditka's said nothing himself about wanting to be governor, and isn't thought to be a serious candidate. Given that, one might think that the primary purpose of the website would be to sell merchandise. But I don't think anyone would ever use the internet in a less-than-honest way.

Ditka to sub in for Blagojevich? - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports