News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > SpursReport Sports Zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-07, 01:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

San Antonio can expect another MLB suitor (OLD THREAD)

David King: San Antonio can expect another MLB suitor
Web Posted: 05/13/2007 12:15 AM CDT
San Antonio Express-News

When the high-powered expert suggested in March that local leaders give up their pursuit of a second big-league team, it made sense.

San Antonio has been used as bargaining leverage too many times, from recent dalliances with the Saints and the Marlins to those silly rumors about the Expos to the days when everyone actually wanted to get into bed with the Oilers and Bud Adams (feel free to shiver and cringe now)..........

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...o.3815170.html
Old 05-13-07, 09:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nice article, thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-07, 10:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think we have a better chance of landing the Marlins. That is one team that nobody wants to help in Florida.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-07, 01:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wake me up when the caps are on sale.
Old 12-15-08, 06:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

damn i hope we get american legue team so i can see my yankees

but wouldnt the marlins be 2 time champions so that means theyll be following the spurs trails with just 2 more hopefully not 3 if the spurs win again
Old 12-15-08, 10:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

San Antonio should have had an MLB team a long time ago. SA should have built a baseball stadium instead of the Alamodome, or atleast made it baseball friendly. SA can't support an NFL team. As for a baseball team, that's doable. The ticket prices are affordable for the average Joe & it wouldn't just need major corporate support.
Old 12-17-08, 03:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

San Antonio could support an NFL team bettr than a baseball team. In Baseball, there are 162 games (81 home games)per season compared to basketball's 82 games (41 home games), and to football's 16 games (8 home games).

In my opinion, San Antonio could better "support" 8 games compared to 81. Also, I believe San Antonio to be passionate for football, which cannot be said for baseball.

I am biased towards a baseball team in SA, because I do not follow it. The only reason, I go to a baseball game is to drink beer, eat a hot dog, and talk to friends. Baseball is the by product.
Old 12-18-08, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yup the A-Dome should have been multi sport friendly, no thanks To Henry C.
Bah it happens. At least UTSA Football will be there in 2011 I believe.