News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-13-07, 10:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I Hate The Yankees

I just hate the Yankees. I can't help it -I hate the Mav's more but the Yankees are A close 2nd. The Yankee fans are hanger on jerks. In basketball they would be Laker fans. They try to buy their way with baseballs highest payroll thinking they will steamroll all other teams in the league. Yankees SUCK ---------- GO SOX

http://gbarr.digitalspark.net/grfx/Yanks%20Suck.jpg

Last edited by BEERNUTS; 04-14-07 at 06:20 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-07, 10:19 PM
Mr. Brightside

bull...what do u mean by hanger on jerks? there is a difference between ppl who say they like the yankees and true fans; ppl that take the time to learn the history of the team. i dont like the lakers. a better parallel is the cowboys, because theyre the popular team, or an "america's team" like team, and like duke. sure we've bought all these all stars, but where has it gotten us in the past 6 years? theyve learned to hold on to their prospects, which could end up being very huge the way their pitching staff is going so far. they havent won a world series since 2000. why hate a team that makes a fool of themselves year after year? maybe if they havent lost a world series since 97, then, yeah, u have a right to say that. but they havent steamrolled anybody in 6+ years. i dont get it. theyre not the yankees of old. they dont have that swagger as much anymore. sure u can have a 1000-run scoring offense, but it means nothing if u cant win a world series with it. and the red sox are closing the gap between the 2 payrolls. screw boston. fenway's a dump.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-07, 11:00 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spUrpenguin3000 View Post
bull...what do u mean by hanger on jerks? there is a difference between ppl who say they like the yankees and true fans; ppl that take the time to learn the history of the team. i dont like the lakers. a better parallel is the cowboys, because theyre the popular team, or an "america's team" like team, and like duke. sure we've bought all these all stars, but where has it gotten us in the past 6 years? theyve learned to hold on to their prospects, which could end up being very huge the way their pitching staff is going so far. they havent won a world series since 2000. why hate a team that makes a fool of themselves year after year? maybe if they havent lost a world series since 97, then, yeah, u have a right to say that. but they havent steamrolled anybody in 6+ years. i dont get it. theyre not the yankees of old. they dont have that swagger as much anymore. sure u can have a 1000-run scoring offense, but it means nothing if u cant win a world series with it. and the red sox are closing the gap between the 2 payrolls. screw boston. fenway's a dump.
I'm glad that Cashman's finally stocking up the farm with all of these young guns. And what's up with this guy starting a thread about hating the Yankees.....oh he's a Red Sox fan...figure the odds. Let me guess, gonna talk about 2004 again?!?!?!
Old 04-13-07, 11:08 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamental9903 View Post
I'm glad that Cashman's finally stocking up the farm with all of these young guns. And what's up with this guy starting a thread about hating the Yankees.....oh he's a Red Sox fan...figure the odds. Let me guess, gonna talk about 2004 again?!?!?!
indeed. they have no lives.
Old 04-14-07, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The Yankees have morons running their team ... They've spent about 2 billion dollars in payroll since their last championship. They are very poor evaluators of talent. Most of their good minor league talent has come from other organizations and when minor league organizations are rated the Yanks usually are rated just slightly above average so help is not on the way. Be prepared for more very expensive borderline, but not quite, playoff teams in the coming years.
Old 04-14-07, 06:26 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Are Yankee fans jerks? Look at A-ROD. He hits 7 home runs to start the season and they still boo him. Do you think a Spurs fan would boo him?
Old 04-14-07, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyhandedgent View Post
The Yankees have morons running their team ... They've spent about 2 billion dollars in payroll since their last championship. They are very poor evaluators of talent. Most of their good minor league talent has come from other organizations and when minor league organizations are rated the Yanks usually are rated just slightly above average so help is not on the way. Be prepared for more very expensive borderline, but not quite, playoff teams in the coming years.
I would rather have my owner and management spend money on talent and be competitive every year than have a team with a skimpy payroll (like the Devil Rays) and continue to be awful. If it wasn't for the Yankees and revenue sharing, MLB wouldn't be what it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEERNUTS View Post
They try to buy their way with baseballs highest payroll thinking they will steamroll all other teams in the league. Yankees SUCK ---------- GO SOX
Yes, they try to buy their talent to win (#1 @ $195 mil), but don't act like the Red Sox are the little guys, they're paying $143 mil and ranked 2nd.

Last edited by Smoke; 04-14-07 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-14-07, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I agree with Smoke. At least Yankees management tries to win. Unlike some of the other teams like the Devil Rays.

But MLB needs a salary cap like the NBA.
Old 04-14-07, 11:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I would rather have my owner and management spend money on talent and be competitive every year than have a team with a skimpy payroll (like the Devil Rays) and continue to be awful. If it wasn't for the Yankees and revenue sharing, MLB wouldn't be what it is today.

Yes, they try to buy their talent to win (#1 @ $195 mil), but don't act like the Red Sox are the little guys, they're paying $143 mil and ranked 2nd.
I'm a Diamondbacks fan (Yankees fans will remember them as the team that kicked their arse in the World Series) not a Red Sox fan.... If the Yankees spent their money more wisely they would have a farm system stocked with young talent. Instead they pay these outrageous salaries (often bidding against only themselves) to big name , little production guys and Yankee fans have little if anything to look forward to in the way of Championships in the foreseeable future.
Old 04-14-07, 11:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I'm an avid Sox fan. I very much disagree with the turn that this Front Office is taking. We are acting like our arch-rivals. We really need to stop spending so much on now and put money into our farm system. Can't our FO see that it hasn't worked for the Yanks?

Despite this, I'll continue rooting for them.
Old 04-14-07, 12:49 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
I'm a Diamondbacks fan (Yankees fans will remember them as the team that kicked their arse in the World Series) not a Red Sox fan.... If the Yankees spent their money more wisely they would have a farm system stocked with young talent. Instead they pay these outrageous salaries (often bidding against only themselves) to big name , little production guys and Yankee fans have little if anything to look forward to in the way of Championships in the foreseeable future.
kicks our ass? it came down to the bottom of the 9th in game 7!!!! they do have a farm system now. it has gotten really developed. what about the sox paying 40 million or so just to talk to dice-k? how about that? that yanks didnt bid against themselves. who was the last big name they got just to have? they needed pitching, so they got pavano, wright, and johnson. what teams wouldnt try to get decent pitching? they needed a outfielder because sheff was hurt, so they got abreu. whats so bad about that? they try to get good players because they have the money to. i have lots to look forward to in "the foreseeable future".
Old 04-14-07, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
kicks our ass? it came down to the bottom of the 9th in game 7!!!! they do have a farm system now. it has gotten really developed. what about the sox paying 40 million or so just to talk to dice-k? how about that? that yanks didnt bid against themselves. who was the last big name they got just to have? they needed pitching, so they got pavano, wright, and johnson. what teams wouldnt try to get decent pitching? they needed a outfielder because sheff was hurt, so they got abreu. whats so bad about that? they try to get good players because they have the money to. i have lots to look forward to in "the foreseeable future".
the yankees farm system is rated as slightly above average by every single source for such ratings, what talent they do have came in trades ... unless they figure out a way to better evaluate talent they will be a good but not great team...
Old 04-14-07, 02:37 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
the yankees farm system is rated as slightly above average by every single source for such ratings, what talent they do have came in trades ... unless they figure out a way to better evaluate talent they will be a good but not great team...
whats wrong with getting them in trades? cashman has improved greatly not trading away cano, melky, and hughes. right now, with that high powered offense, and when the staff stops hurting themselves, theyll be the best team in the league. they can average about 6 or 7 runs a game. when the time comes to put every single player from the farm system into the lineup, thats when ill think about it. but theres nothing wrong with what theyre doing getting free agents.

yanks are among ichiro's interest for next year when he becomes a free agent...

Last edited by spUrpenguin3000; 04-14-07 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-14-07, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hate baseball
Old 04-14-07, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
whats wrong with getting them in trades? cashman has improved greatly not trading away cano, melky, and hughes. right now, with that high powered offense, and when the staff stops hurting themselves, theyll be the best team in the league. they can average about 6 or 7 runs a game. when the time comes to put every single player from the farm system into the lineup, thats when ill think about it. but theres nothing wrong with what theyre doing getting free agents.

yanks are among ichiro's interest for next year when he becomes a free agent...
The problem with getting all your young talent via trade is you only have so many overpaid vets you can trade and then the well runs dry ... a team that has a good scouting department will prosper for years because of a constant flow of quality prospects. plus teams are built when guys have played together for a few years coming up in the minors. As for Ichiro the NY press will eat him alive.
Old 04-14-07, 03:35 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
The problem with getting all your young talent via trade is you only have so many overpaid vets you can trade and then the well runs dry ... a team that has a good scouting department will prosper for years because of a constant flow of quality prospects. plus teams are built when guys have played together for a few years coming up in the minors. As for Ichiro the NY press will eat him alive.
they are overpaid so other teams cant get them. if u have the money, spend it. sometimes they have to get trades so they dont need to use their pitching in the farm too early. and no...did the press eat matsui alive? have they eaten abreu alive? pettitte? damon? a-rod tried to do too much the last few seasons. getting ichiro wouldnt be logical because they have plenty of outfielders. but idk...cash seems to know what hes doing.
Old 04-14-07, 09:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

If Ichiro will sign with anyone, it would be the Sox, seeing as Coco is struggling and Ichiro could come and replace him at center field and be the lead-off man on offense. Plus, I think there's another big-name player from Japan playing for the Sox right now.

On a side note, how 'bout Schilling's outing today?
Old 04-14-07, 11:18 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTheTalk View Post
If Ichiro will sign with anyone, it would be the Sox, seeing as Coco is struggling and Ichiro could come and replace him at center field and be the lead-off man on offense. Plus, I think there's another big-name player from Japan playing for the Sox right now.

On a side note, how 'bout Schilling's outing today?
crown em then. give him the cy young and give then the WS. WE KNEW WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!
Old 04-15-07, 01:42 AM
Play-By-Play Moderator

Quote:
Are Yankee fans jerks? Look at A-ROD. He hits 7 home runs to start the season and they still boo him. Do you think a Spurs fan would boo him?
Really???? I don't hear any booing now. All I hear is that whistle of the ball as it comes down from the atmospheric flight given to it by A-Rod.
Old 04-15-07, 02:11 AM
MomBear

Fundy... I just saw your signature...

I usually have the sigs and avitars turned off...

The Post of the Year (so far): "no dallas is the plastic boobs of texas... san antonio is the heart..." Orginally posted by MomBear

Old 04-15-07, 10:33 AM
Mr. Brightside

yeah!!!! we won last nite!!! giambino!!!
Old 04-21-07, 08:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

RED SOX WIN AGAIN---- 2 IN A ROW -----YANKEES SUCK-THEEEEEEEEEE YANKEEEEEEES SUCK
Old 04-21-07, 11:36 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
RED SOX WIN AGAIN---- 2 IN A ROW -----YANKEES SUCK-THEEEEEEEEEE YANKEEEEEEES SUCK
theres plenty of season left.
Old 04-23-07, 10:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

yanks can hit but they sure can not pitch. nice sweep for the sox.
Old 04-23-07, 03:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Get the BROOM - SOX in A SWEEP-----no pitching at all , 4 SOX home runs .

THE YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STILL SUCK------THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs
SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Old 04-23-07, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yanks have to do something about their bullpen.
Old 04-23-07, 04:10 PM
Mr. Brightside

yeah...but wang is coming back tomorrow. that should re-order the rotation. and moose and pavano will be back soon, and they looked promising before they got hurt. as soon as the starting rotation gets back to normal, the pen will get some rest.
p.s. - bawston still sucks. yur boy dice-k dice-sucks. u paid 46 million just to talk to the loser? the unclassiest fans in MLB.
Old 04-23-07, 04:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
yeah...but wang is coming back tomorrow. that should re-order the rotation. and moose and pavano will be back soon, and they looked promising before they got hurt. as soon as the starting rotation gets back to normal, the pen will get some rest.
p.s. - bawston still sucks. yur boy dice-k dice-sucks. u paid 46 million just to talk to the loser? the unclassiest fans in MLB.
Philly, anyone? (no offense to phillyspursfan)

And you really can't evaluate Dice on that one outing this early in the season. I might believe Boston sucked had they not just swept you guys. I'm sure the Yankees will get it together somehow, but Boston looked pretty together out there.

Last edited by kyleo; 04-23-07 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 10:19 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleo View Post
Philly, anyone? (no offense to phillyspursfan)

And you really can't evaluate Dice on that one outing this early in the season. I might believe Boston sucked had they not just swept you guys. I'm sure the Yankees will get it together somehow, but Boston looked pretty together out there.
i thought that a mini 2-game series vs the d-rays would shape things up a bit. u know, have igawa pitch 8 strong, then bring in one pitcher out of the pen depending on the score. but nope. once again the starting pitching doesnt last through the 6th, and the bullpen gives up a ton of runs. what a waste when a-rod gets homers 13 and 14. they say that they can score 6-8 runs a game, but theyre gonna give up 9-12. theyre last in runs allowed. too bad nobody else on that lineup can hit like a-rod.

from the beginning, they were laking about dice-k like he won 5 cy youngs in a row. he hasent proved himsef in this league yet. from all the hype, hes nothing special. as for philly fans, theyre just getting pissed because the last championship by any team there was in the 80's. give em a break. sox fans truly have no souls. fenway is a dump.
Old 04-24-07, 04:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Tied for last in the east with a team that only has 1/10 of the yankees payroll! No pitching at all. Still complaining that A-Rod does not hit enough game winning home runs with the best home run hitting start in baseball history. Complaining that other teams pitchers are over paid. On their knees to for Roger to take 20 mil. for a half season. In fighting in the clubhouse.

Life is good for Yankee haters!!!!!!!!! You know I just feel like ,like like

Old 04-24-07, 04:42 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Tied for last in the east with a team that only has 1/10 of the yankees payroll! No pitching at all. Still complaining that A-Rod does not hit enough game winning home runs with the best home run hitting start in baseball history. Complaining that other teams pitchers are over paid. On their knees to for Roger to take 20 mil. for a half season. In fighting in the clubhouse.
ill reply to this for each sentence.
1. slow starts happen every year for them.
2. its a crime for 3 of their starters to be hurt early in the season?
3. who has complained?!?! show me quotes that say ppl have complained about a-rod.
4. prove it. who said that? when?
5. on their knees?!?! wtf. what about bawston looking to get him? huh? are they on their knees? and u know, bawston is doing EXACTLY what the yanks used to do: load up on free agents and overpay all of them. half a season can really help a team. u guys are doing the same thing to get him.
6. u say there's fighting in the clubhouse? when? who said that?

next time, give some valid arguments, rather than just rambling off one imaginary thing after another. u give red sox fans a bad name. and theyre bad to begin with.

:richb
Old 04-24-07, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

^Dude, overreacting this early in the season to Red Sox fans probably isn't going to help the Yankees' rep either

But yeah, can we hold off on the serious ****-talking until at least the All-Star Break? They'll play another billion times, so no division lead is safe at this point and the Yankees always get it together.

Also pen, wasn't Dice penciled in as a third starter early in the season when Papelbon was still in the rotation? I think he's done all right. Couple of nights when Boston gave him no help, and then he got shellacked by the Yankees, who have one of the great line-ups. Again, give him until the All-Star Break.

Last edited by kyleo; 04-24-07 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-24-07, 06:06 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
^Dude, overreacting this early in the season to Red Sox fans probably isn't going to help the Yankees' rep either

But yeah, can we hold off on the serious ****-talking until at least the All-Star Break? They'll play another billion times, so no division lead is safe at this point and the Yankees always get it together.

Also pen, wasn't Dice penciled in as a third starter early in the season when Papelbon was still in the rotation? I think he's done all right. Couple of nights when Boston gave him no help, and then he got shellacked by the Yankees, who have one of the great line-ups. Again, give him until the All-Star Break.
i would of started after the break. but when some lame red sox fan starts some lame thread up ripping my team, i have to defend them.

plus cy wang is back tonite...should give us a huge boost
Old 04-24-07, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
i would of started after the break. but when some lame red sox fan starts some lame thread up ripping my team, i have to defend them.

plus cy wang is back tonite...should give us a huge boost
Man, you guys can't catch a break, can you? Crawford goes 4/4, Grand Slam, and Yanks are in last place. Tell ya what - dangle something decent for Lidge and maybe Purpura will bite. I mean, he can't be much worse than what you've got right now in the bullpen.
Old 04-25-07, 05:44 AM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Man, you guys can't catch a break, can you? Crawford goes 4/4, Grand Slam, and Yanks are in last place. Tell ya what - dangle something decent for Lidge and maybe Purpura will bite. I mean, he can't be much worse than what you've got right now in the bullpen.
u know? i hate when a manager takes out the starting pitcher when he gives up 1/2 hits in the 6th inning. wang was having a nice game.... u really think lidge will be the answer? i dont think so. the problem now is the offense doesnt produce the runs when u need them. and how bout them blue jays, eh? what really pisses me off now is that after they keep promising that they wont bring up hughes, but they will thursday. its pretty lame.
Old 04-25-07, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
u know? i hate when a manager takes out the starting pitcher when he gives up 1/2 hits in the 6th inning. wang was having a nice game.... u really think lidge will be the answer? i dont think so. the problem now is the offense doesnt produce the runs when u need them. and how bout them blue jays, eh? what really pisses me off now is that after they keep promising that they wont bring up hughes, but they will thursday. its pretty lame.
I'm not saying Lidge is the answer. Nothing is the answer right now. Just saying a former outstanding reliever might be available against an AL that hasn't seen his stuff like the Central Division in the NL has. But I doubt the Astros will deal him until he's totally worthless. That would be in line with their usual incompetence.
Old 04-25-07, 09:05 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
I'm not saying Lidge is the answer. Nothing is the answer right now. Just saying a former outstanding reliever might be available against an AL that hasn't seen his stuff like the Central Division in the NL has. But I doubt the Astros will deal him until he's totally worthless. That would be in line with their usual incompetence.
i see that u like the astros? good thing tonites game was rained out...rest the pen and maybe they dont need to use hughes tomorrow...sweet.
Old 04-25-07, 09:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Who are you guys kidding? No one cares about the Yankees, it's all about the Cincinnati Reds!

I hate being a fan of a super sucky team!! :richb Being a Yankees fan would be so easy-you're always good!

Coach Billy Gillispie loves UK, Dr Pepper, & the Spurs!
Old 04-25-07, 09:22 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeballerblueUK View Post
Who are you guys kidding? No one cares about the Yankees, it's all about the Cincinnati Reds!

I hate being a fan of a super sucky team!! :richb Being a Yankees fan would be so easy-you're always good!
yeah? we havent won a WS since 2000. its not all glamor anymore. the real fans stay fans.
Old 04-25-07, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
yeah? we havent won a WS since 2000. its not all glamor anymore. the real fans stay fans.
That is true, but the Reds haven't won the World Series since 1990 and haven't even made the playoffs since 1999 and have a salary cap the size of George Steinbrenner's pinky.

Being a fan of the pinnacle of major league baseball is never bad- you have tradition, pride, and more fans than all of the team's in the country combined (and haters).

Also being a fan of a team with tradition (for example, myself with UK basketball), means you don't always have to worry about the present letdowns, you can look back on the past and all that your program has accomplished.
Trust me, it may not be glitz and glamor all the time, but you still have more than most other true fans could ever dream of. Be thankful

Coach Billy Gillispie loves UK, Dr Pepper, & the Spurs!
Old 04-26-07, 04:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

News Flash---Yankees Losing Streak Comes To a End!!!

oh -they were rained out ---

The yankees are still looking to cure their pitching problems. They are bringing up a triple A
20 year old to make his first major start. Phil Hughes will start the next game to try and right the tilting Yankees ship. Good luck Phill No pressure on you!----- On Monday it was reported that Andy Pettit was text messaging Roger in Houston -"help come quick". Why can't Brian Cashman go to the "Boss" , get some pocket change and buy another starter!
Old 04-26-07, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
News Flash---Yankees Losing Streak Comes To a End!!!

oh -they were rained out ---

The yankees are still looking to cure their pitching problems. They are bringing up a triple A
20 year old to make his first major start. Phil Hughes will start the next game to try and right the tilting Yankees ship. Good luck Phill No pressure on you!-----On Monday it was reported that Andy Pettit was text messaging Roger in Houston -"help come quick". Why can't Brian Cashman go to the "Boss" , get some pocket change and buy another starter!
What's worse, buying another starter, or paying $50 million to talk to him before buying him?
Old 04-26-07, 04:41 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeballerblueUK View Post
That is true, but the Reds haven't won the World Series since 1990 and haven't even made the playoffs since 1999 and have a salary cap the size of George Steinbrenner's pinky.

Being a fan of the pinnacle of major league baseball is never bad- you have tradition, pride, and more fans than all of the team's in the country combined (and haters).

Also being a fan of a team with tradition (for example, myself with UK basketball), means you don't always have to worry about the present letdowns, you can look back on the past and all that your program has accomplished.
Trust me, it may not be glitz and glamor all the time, but you still have more than most other true fans could ever dream of. Be thankful
but when does the past become too far back? i mean, sure its great having 26 titles (more than bawston) but its not that relevant 6,7,8 years in the future if u cant win number 27 and so on. if the reds won the WS this year, it would mean more to you to win that one then me remembering all the 26 titles. we're sorta just another team now, like the rest of the MLB...except we're stacked.

Quote:
What's worse, buying another starter, or paying $50 million to talk to him before buying him?
SSSSAAAASSSS!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-07, 03:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Dice-K takes the Yankees again!

The over paid Red Sox starter beat the Yanks this time in New York. (2 wins vrs. yanks this year) Will the Yanks offer Roger 40 mil now to pitch for team that is free falling lower and lower and lower and lower? I would tell them to put 20 mil in an envelope- place it on the table then we will talk. Roger A bit of advice--Houston traffic is not that bad!!!!!!! What a mess. Brian Cashman is the early leader GM of the year. Way to go big guy! All the AL teams have given him a big thumbs up for wonderful team pitching staff. I guess the N.Y. media will now blame A-Rod for this also. Joe will now bat A-Rod in 8th spot in the order because it's his fault they are losing. Team leader Derek Jeter pumped up the team on Friday by saying : "I wouldn't push a panic button yet," Yankees captain Derek Jeter said before the game. "I don't look at things negatively. I don't look around and say, `Well, if it gets to 30 in a row."' Derek, Ah-Ah you might start looking for that easy button right now.

Life is still good!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-07, 10:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Seems to me that other teams were willing to pay a high price just to [i]talk[i] to him too. Yankees offered about 32 mil and the Mets even offered about 40 mil. Obviously, other teams felt he was worth it, the Sox just outbid them. Plus, if he never signed a contract with the Sox, the deal would've been off and they would've gotten their 50 mil back. Transfer fees happen all the time in soccer, it's not that big of a deal.

Sounds like Yankee fan is just upset that their team didn't get him.

All that being said, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early in the season to be talking mess. The Yankee won't go 8-154 this season. They'll get on a streak like they ALWAYS do and the end of the season will be a race for the division.
Old 04-28-07, 12:06 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanumanu View Post
Seems to me that other teams were willing to pay a high price just to [i]talk[i] to him too. Yankees offered about 32 mil and the Mets even offered about 40 mil. Obviously, other teams felt he was worth it, the Sox just outbid them. Plus, if he never signed a contract with the Sox, the deal would've been off and they would've gotten their 50 mil back. Transfer fees happen all the time in soccer, it's not that big of a deal.

Sounds like Yankee fan is just upset that their team didn't get him.

All that being said, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early in the season to be talking mess. The Yankee won't go 8-154 this season. They'll get on a streak like they ALWAYS do and the end of the season will be a race for the division.
im actually not that upset. the way everyone was talking about him, he was a freaking young or koufax. he hasent really proven anything. and im not that worried. theres still a ton of ball left to be played. although, i heard if the yanks get swept, torre's job will be in serious jeopardy. so then theyll hire girardi as the new manager and he'll lead them to a win or 2. he was suppose to be torre's successor anyways.
Old 04-29-07, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yankees lose to Boston again! How long before the "boss" fires Torrie? Another yank pitcher gets hurt. Will the yanks recover from all this? In todays game A-Rod hit into an 8th inn. double -play to take them out of the inning. The home town crowd was not happy.

What a Messsssssssss

Last edited by BEERNUTS; 04-29-07 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-01-07, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Looks like the Yanks could be headed for a high draft pick .... too bad they don't have anyone with even a hint of talent evaluation skills in their organization ... so they'll draft someone terrible and overpay 'em and screw up the entire signing process in '08 ...
Old 05-03-07, 04:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Yanks have found the problem as to why they are bad this year. The "Boss" said the fitness coach must go. The new to this year coach Marty Miller was fired because of the poor fitness of the Yankees. The SI.com story explains why they are in last place. What a mess. Are the Yankees links to other company the cause? Is A 200 Million dollar payroll getting harder to cover?

John Heyman May 3,2007 Si.com

The final straw
Inside story to why Yankees fitness coach had to go
The hamstring injury to Philip Hughes was the nail in the coffin for former Yankees fitness coach Marty Miller.
The hamstring injury to Philip Hughes was the nail in the coffin for former Yankees fitness coach Marty Miller.
Well, it's early May, and we've already had our first casualty. No surprise, it's a Yankee. No surprise again, it's the strength and conditioning man who has overseen a disastrous run of injuries to front-line Yankees pitcher, many of those injuries involving the hamstring.

According to people close to the situation, George Steinbrenner, while still fairly quiet publicly, has been screaming in one of general manager Brian Cashman's ears about the Yankees' ridiculous run of injuries. And many Yankees players have been screaming in the other ear.

So, after a sleepless night, Cashman finally listened to both bluster and reason and pulled the plug on the team's recently-hired and unfortunately-titled performance enhancement coach, Marty Miller. Cashman had been described as the "last man standing" in Miller's corner. But even he couldn't be certain the rash of injuries were all coincidence. "At the end of the day, you can't ignore the number of hamstring injuries we've had," he said.

Cashman tried to give the new program a chance, but when young phenom Phil Hughes popped his hamstring while in a no-hit bid Tuesday night, that was an attention getter. That made it injuries to six of the team's seven top starters, the exception being Kei Igawa, who actually had been demoted from the rotation. Then again, it's hard to count Carl Pavano, who's usually hurt and has stuck to his own "program" anyway.

The clubhouse complaints about the Yankees' new program were being heard in clubhouses all around baseball. Some Yankees said Miller's late start (he was hired a few weeks before spring training) made it difficult for them to establish a rapport and trust with him. The fact that all the injuries -- hamstring and back pains -- were related to stretching, didn't help either.

Interviews with players over the past couple weeks yielded many complaints, starting with a contention that not enough running was done during spring training. And when running was done, there was a question of the timing. Chien-Ming Wang's hamstring pull occurred while running start-and-stop sprints after a long day of practice.

Andy Pettitte hasn't missed a start since suffering a worse-then-advertised back injury late in spring, which occurred after he was instructed by one of Miller's underlings not to wear his customary belt while lifting, a decision even Roger Clemens ripped from afar during a spring interview. But the story gets worse. Clubhouse sources indicate Pettitte informed Miller's underling that he felt something while working out, and rather than shut Pettitte down for the day, the pitcher was requested to do two more exercises.

Miller's assistant Dana Cavalea, who's described as having a better rapport with players, will take over as the "interim" guy while Cashman tries to make a hire. Cavalea doesn't seem likely to be long for the job.

Cashman has accepted the hit for hiring Miller, and it's a big one from Steinbrenner, who has always taken a special interest in conditioning and working out. Miller got a three-year contract, according to sources, that barely lasted more than three months.

In another interesting twist, Miller's name was originally given to Cashman by the folks who are operating the Yankees' new money-making venture "24 Hour Fitness," a health chain that's set to open Yankee-themed clubs in 2008. The chain has a 10-year deal with the club and trumpets its Yankees affiliation. The folks at 24-Hour Fitness also helped set up the new Yankees weight room, which Yankees players are also panning. The Yankees say many of the free weights were removed and replaced by too many of the same machines, as well as TV sets and empty space.

Yankees COO Lonn Trost did not return calls regarding the business venture.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...day/index.html
Old 05-03-07, 06:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I dont even watch baseball and I hate the yankees.