News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-11-11, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

2011 Fantasy Football

Looks like nobody started the fantasy football thread. Usually Espezar(spelling) starts it. Post your teams when you draft. I would like to take a look.
Old 08-11-11, 02:25 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

lol....I'm working on my top 10 list already (now that you mention it). I just don't wanna give too much advice before pre-season
Old 08-11-11, 02:29 PM

Here's my top 5 list so far....I know I'm going out on a limb with two QB in my top 5 ranking but if they stay healthy I guarantee they will produce better than the top 3 RB's. Some of this was written before Tenn signed Hassleback and Minny signed McNabb...

#1 Michael Vick
- Yes, I said it....MICHAEL VICK....This is a huge risk but equally a huge reward. Barring any injury he should without question be your #1 pick. PERIOD! No if, ands, or buts about it. In the 11 games Vick played last season he scored an avg. of 25 ppg (in standard scoring leagues). The next closest was A. Foster and A. Rodgers who both avg. 19 ppg. That’s a 6 point difference each game. He not a great passer (we already knew that) but if you can get 150-200 passing yds with 1TD/1INT then add in 50-100 rush yds with 1 TD per game you will be golden! No other player can guarantee you so many fantasy points each week. It’s like having a #1QB/#2RB all rolled in to one package.
Prediction- 3,500 pass yds, 25 TD/10-13 INT, 900-1000 rush yds 10-12 TD’s.

#2A Chris Johnson
- I give the slight edge to C. Johnson over Peterson due to the easier schedule/division. Both Tenn and Minn have questions at QB which could affect the running game. If either one of these teams get a solid veteran QB to help, there should be no reason why Johnson doesn’t produce the same type of numbers that he has produced over the past 3 seasons. He’s averaged over 1,800 total yds and 16TD’s each season.
Prediction- 1700-1900 total yds/14-17 TD’s

#2B Adrian Peterson- It’s so tough being a Minny fan not to have him #1 but as mentioned above, too many questions at the QB position are yet answered. I could see his number dip a little this season, but when you consider that All-Day has averaged 1,725 total yds and 14 TD’s each season it’s hard to see him going any lower than overall #3.
Prediction- 1600-1800 total yds/13-16 TD’s

#4 Arian Foster- The only reason I don’t have him above the other RB’s is because he’s unproven. He had a great year but has yet to show he can do this on a consistent basis. I still think he should produce good numbers but now that teams know who he is, he will find it more difficult to produce like he did last yr.
Prediction-1400-1600 total yds/13-16TD’s

#5 Aaron Rodgers- Very rarely will I have 2 QB’s in my top 10, let alone top 5…..but this year is an exception. When you consider that Rodgers threw for 4,000 yds with 28TD’s to go along with 400 rush yds and 4 TD’s in 14 games and he is only going to get better, you got something special. No doubt, Vick and Rodgers will separate themselves from the rest of the pack, kinda like C.J. and A. Pet. Have for the RB’s. Plus with questions looming about the RB’s in GB, I could easily see Rodgers getting a lot of “QB sneaks” inside the goal-line. Ya can’t go wrong with Rodgers as your first choice!
Prediction- 4,500 pass yds 30-35 TD’s/10-13 INT, 400-500 rush yds/4-6 TD’s.

Last edited by esparzar1; 08-11-11 at 03:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-11, 10:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

My list below.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 08-11-11 at 10:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-11, 10:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I like...

1. Adrian Peterson (beast, will be work horse)
2. Chris Johnson (finally has a decent QB)
3. Jamaal Charles ( will finally get the bulk of the work, could be top back)
4. Ray Rice (hello Vonta! Has pro bowl FB leading the way)
5. Mike Vick ( he WILL get injured... But will be a beast up until then)
6. Arian Foster (hard not to put him In top 5, but I predict he is the bust of 2011-12.)
7. Michael Turner ( he is a tank, if hE stays healthy he is a top 5 back)
8. Rashard Mendenhall(will also get tons of carries and goal line work)
9. Darren Mcfadden (I'm a razorback, and the talent is off the charts)
10. Roddy White (led NFL In receptions in 2010 and didn't miss a game, I think he keeps it going)
Old 08-12-11, 08:26 AM

#6 Ray Rice- Ray Rice was considered by many a “bust” last season. However, with the arrival of a pro-bowl FB and departure of “goal line hog” MaGahee, Rice should see a plethora of opportunities inside the 5 yd line. I don’t think he will have as much of an impact in the passing game as he has in the past (A. Boldin is a great fantasy sleeper this yr) due to Flacco having another yr under his belt. With that said, Rice should have a solid campaign!

#7 Jamal Charles- I love this kid! He could easily be the A. Foster of this year. He almost was last yr. Although KC still has Thomas Jones; he’s not getting any younger. I believe Charles will fly outta the gates and produce monster numbers. What worries me is can he keep it up all year?

#8 Run DMC-
Health is the issue with Darren McFadden. We know the talent is there but can he stay healthy? Playing in a week division like the AFC west doesn’t hurt either.

#9 MJD- I like MJD over Turner for the “veteran back” debate (i.e. SJAX/MJD/Turner) his ability to stay healthy and make plays in the receiving aspect get my vote of the other two mentioned.

#10 Mendenhall- Apparently Mendenhall has been working on his “receiving” abilities this off-season. It was practically non-existent last season. If he can produce more with receiving, he could be an excellent fantasy stud this year.
Old 08-12-11, 08:31 AM

Good list Timmy! I really like Vick/Rodgers for their running abilities. Like I said earlier, I think they set themselves apart from the rest of the QB's kinda like AD/CJ have done at the RB posistion. If I get the #1 pick, I'm taking a HUGE gamble and I'm gonna pick Vick. There is just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much upside for me not to pick him. I can always get the likes of E. Manning/M.Ryan/J. Freeman/Flacco probably in the 7th or 8th rd if he doesn't work out.

I don't like R. White this year as the #1 WR. I have him at #4 behind the Johnson boys (Andre/Calvin) and the always quiet, yet consistant G. Jennings. Fitz should have a monster year as well with Kolb at the helm.

I think both Steven Jackson and Michael Turner will break down this year (we seen the start of it last yr) and Rice/MJD will have better years.

Last edited by esparzar1; 08-12-11 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-12-11, 02:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Turner got a reduced workload last year, make me think he
Could be rested... Mjd had offseason knee surgery... Even his coaches are concerned... Only reason I didn't put
Him in
Top 10.
Old 08-15-11, 11:12 PM

To each thier own. I dont think you can go wromg with either one in the late 1st rd
Old 08-24-11, 01:30 PM

I'm so glad football is back. I have a draft on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of Sep.....lol.....should be lots of fun. My #1 target is Vick but my stratagy will all depend on where I draft. If I get a pick in the low first rd, I think I can get the likes of a Rice/MJD/Turner/DMC and turn around and get Vick or Rodgers early in the 2nd rd. Gotta just hope for the best! I honestly like the last pick in the 1st round. I love the B2B picks. It really can set-up a team well.

Timmy, have you had any drafts yet?
Old 08-28-11, 12:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Had all of my drafts

Team 1:

Romo
CJ
m.turner
A.boldin
H. Nicks
Gates
Daniel Thomas
Austin collie
Mike Tolbert
Pierre Thomas
Jvon ringer
Colt McCoy
Janikoski
Pats d
--------------------------------

Team 2. Rb/wr flex
Romo
Ray rice
Michael turner
Ahmad Bradshaw
Percy Harbin
Santana moss
Knows Moreno
Dallas Clark
Beanie wells
Matt stafford
M.Floyd
Ben Tate
Lions
Crosby
--------------------------
Team 3. QB rb wr flex league

Ben Roth
Andre Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Lesean McCoy
MJD
Knowshon
Wells
Kenny britt
Percy Harvin
Matt Ryan
Matt stafford
Jay cutler
Pettigrew
Atl defense

I basically sacrificed the defense and te position for depth. I feel my last team is really stacked.
Old 08-29-11, 09:15 AM

All the teams look solid, I like team 1 and 3 but again, they all look solid. 4 QB for team 3? 2 QB league? Well, at least you will have a lot of trade bait! Man, I can't wait for my drafts...lol
Old 08-29-11, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
All the teams look solid, I like team 1 and 3 but again, they all look solid. 4 QB for team 3? 2 QB league? Well, at least you will have a lot of trade bait! Man, I can't wait for my drafts...lol
Well... I figure a league where u can start qb's, it's good to be qb deep. I'm a firm believer in stafford... I think he will have a monster year if he can stay healthy.
Old 08-30-11, 01:20 PM

no doubt....but 4 QB's......lol....well, you really don't have to worry about injuries or match-ups and you got excellent trade bait. Any one of those four can be solid on any given night. I guess it's not a bad dilemma to be in.
Old 09-03-11, 01:11 PM

so I had my first draft....it's only a 8 man league (was supposed to be 10 but people didn't sign up) anyways....I'm stupid loaded with talent...lol, I just hope all my drafts go as well as this one. We drafted def players as well and have a deep bench. Check out my line-up

QB- Tony Romo
RB- Arian Foster
RB- Jammal Charles
WR- Hakeem Nicks
WR- Miles Austin
TE- J. Finley
FLEX- Run DMC
FLEX- J. Maclin
DST- Bears
D- P. Willis
DB- E. Weddle
K- Gostkowski

Bench
Stafford
Dez Bryant
Beenie Wells
M. Lynch
C. Benson
P Garcon
D. Amendola
James Harrison

loaded from top to bottom, but in a 8 man league you kinda expect that. Still. I got (what I beleive to be ) 3 top 10 RB's and 2 top 10 WR...I'm happy
Old 09-04-11, 03:54 PM

so just did my 2nd draft, after how excited I was with my first just I was just as dissapointed with my 2nd draft. it was a 12 man league and I had pick 9. I was happy with my first 4 picks but it was really slim pickens after that.

QB Vick
RB Turner
RB Matthews
WR Austin
WR Manningham
WR Amendola
TE Gates
K Byant
DEF Minny

Bench
Tolbert
P.Thomas
Burelson
B. Edwards
R. Fitzpatrick
Old 09-13-11, 10:20 AM

Well I won all three of my leagues .....Welker saved my @$$ last night. I thought forsure that I would lose. That 99yd/TD play really helped!
Old 09-22-11, 09:06 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Man. Your team has to be hurting now. Romo, foster, Charles , Austin. Damn!
Old 09-23-11, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Man. Your team has to be hurting now. Romo, foster, Charles , Austin. Damn!

luckily, Stafford has filled in nicely and Wells/Run DMC picked up the slack at RB position. I'm actually in 1st place in that league but very thin on starters.....
Old 09-23-11, 12:23 PM

fogot to post my $$$$ league results...it was a 8 man league as well with 2 QB starters and 3 Flex

QB Vick
QB Kolb
RB Turner
RB A. Bradshaw
WR Roddy White
WR Welker
TE Gates
FLEX Tolbert
FLEX F. Jones
FLEX Holmes
Def SF
K Crosby

Bench

DWill
Manningham
D. Thomas (just claimed off waivers)
P. Harvin
Caddy Will (claimed off waivers)

Overall, I was semi-happy with this team. I'm gonna really be "living and dying by Vick" it shall be interesting