News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-15-04, 02:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Beside the FAB 4 in LA...

Who from the Lakers roster would you NOT mind having in a Spurs uniform (if anyone)?

I for one would take Luke Walton... I said it before -- with the right coaching staff to teach some defense this kid could be a diamond in the rough -- PJ just doesn't see that...I see something in this kid and someone else is going to see it too. I hope he leaves LA and goes to a good solid team where they play team ball and give hima chance to shine -- maybe the Grizz or NY...

That's it -- and maybe -- just maybe -- Kareem Rush... but I haven't seen much of him to make up my mind

but that's just my take --

so give us your thoughts
Old 06-15-04, 02:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

if pj doesn't see it, how's the kid getting minutes in the finals? phil never plays rookies. don't forget that part about the rough

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-04, 02:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hate to even say it but the Fish would be a nice role player
Luke- nope
George and rush- probably not
Medavenko? spelling- nope

Not a lot there after the fab4 and even there is not a lot past the dynamic dou
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-04, 03:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'd take Derek Fisher in a heartbeat. Walton's a project, but he looks like he has some pretty good potential.
Old 06-15-04, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I actually like Slava. Im sure, with some coaching, he could cool off on his itchy trigger finger. Otherwise he is a pretty solid player and has a nice stroke.
Old 06-15-04, 03:06 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Luke. Decent passer. Need to see more of him though.

George makes some open 3 pointers, but don't need that as much as a pure shooter. Medvedenko inconsistently makes jumpers. I hate Fisher. I never even noticed the guy until 0.4, but now that I've seen him play more often, he's plays like $hit. All he's looking for is fouls and when he does drive, he thinks he's Kobe.
Old 06-15-04, 03:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I'd rather get herpes than Derek Fisher.
Old 06-15-04, 03:20 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncans Donuts

Will steve smith even be available?
Old 06-15-04, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Luke isn't as good as he seemed a few games ago, it just that he completely caught the Pistons off-guard. The next game they were ready for him and what he does, and they made him look like the rookie he is.

The same thing happened with Manu when he first came here, he caught a lot of teams off guard with his passing and awkward moves, but now those ridiculous passes usually turn into a turn-over now. Now that teams know what he likes to do, they make it harder for him to do it, and whenever he does the heisman pose they know he's about to throw a cross court pass.
Old 06-15-04, 03:27 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Yeah, I like that Walton kid, he has the eye, and the instinct, he is like Manu w/o the fizz, he has a knack. I'll give you an example, there was that play in game 4 where Ben Wallace broke lose for a dunk, although, the Kid lost him, he had the prescense of mind to grab him and keep him from making a specatcular poster dunk on him. The alley oop pass in game 2 was sheer brilliance, he get the ball for a three on the corner, upfakes dribbles in looks over at kobe, freezes the defense and then lobs a soft alley oop pass to Shag. These things are hard to teach, and more instinctive, I like this kid a lot. I'd take him and Fisher in a heartbeat.
Old 06-15-04, 03:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I like K.Rush.
Old 06-15-04, 05:33 PM
MANUUU!!!

I would have to agree, I like Walton. He just has that right mind set to be on a good team and a good learning curve to him. With experience he will be a good player, too bad Phil won't use that since he doesn't know how to build teams.
Old 06-15-04, 05:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Derek Fisher and Luke Walton.
Old 06-15-04, 05:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncans Donuts
Ditto. He cost way too much anyway.
Old 06-15-04, 05:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kareem Rush is the only person I wouldn't mind seeing in a Spurs Uni. All of the other Lakers can go elsewhere.
Old 06-15-04, 06:17 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvin1
I like K.Rush.
Yeah he would be my choice too, he can hit that open three when he gets it, has a nice stroke to work on....... Good choice man.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.