News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-04, 11:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

It is just great watching the Lakers lose..

even if it means watching Rasheed win. Is there anything more totally disgusting than watching Sheed have that whiney look on his face????

Go get 'em Larry Brown!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-04, 11:16 PM

Really man, who can hate Sheed???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-04, 11:17 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Burn Hollywood Burn
Old 06-13-04, 11:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Malone & Gary Losing > Sheed Losing

plus I just hate LA
Old 06-13-04, 11:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I really like Sheed. His intensity and toughness really takes the pistons to a higher level. All those times in Portland he was just caught with the wrong crowd in a bad situation. Now that Larry Brown has him, you can tell he is definately more composed. I would have loved to have him on the spurs.
Old 06-13-04, 11:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

FTL!
Old 06-13-04, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Don't you just love watching Kobe, Phil, and the rest of the Lakers yell at one another?

I guess I'd rather have Sheed with a ring than Malone.
Old 06-13-04, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Yeah, I've become like an overnight fan of Sheed since the NJ series. Plus, he's just passionate, like LB said
Old 06-13-04, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Really man, who can hate Sheed???
Ever since I heard about this: link

Quote:
As they were leaving the practice facility Wednesday, the morning of their final shootaround together, Wells and Wallace saw Ruben Boumtje Boumtje shooting jump shots some 100 feet away with his back turned to them.

Wallace slapped Wells on the back and said, "Watch this." Then he picked up a ball, reared back and fired a 100-foot, baseball-style strike that left Boumtje Boumtje writhing the floor. Trainers were summoned. After a few scary minutes, Boumtje Boumtje walked off, OK.
Wells and Wallace?

They giggled like schoolchildren and ran away the moment their teammate hit the canvas.
I have been able to HATE Sheed.
Old 06-13-04, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
Yeah, I've become like an overnight fan of Sheed since the NJ series. Plus, he's just passionate, like LB said
OK, I'm not going that far (to become a fan). For me it is the lesser of two evils (Sheed and Malone). Regardless, GO PISTONS!
Old 06-13-04, 11:28 PM

yeah, he was in a bad situation in Portland and but now in Detroit he has been a choir boy and a big reason for their D being so good and them being in the Finals.
Old 06-13-04, 11:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
yeah, he was in a bad situation in Portland and but now in Detroit he has been a choir boy and a big reason for their D being so good and them being in the Finals.
Thats true...he has been pretty good from what I hear since being traded.

Hopefully he can learn from the past and try to continue to live up to his newer image throughout his career.
Old 06-13-04, 11:36 PM

Another reason to think that Portland is just a bad place is the fact that Bonzi Wells has been great since he went to the Grizz.
Old 06-13-04, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Just wait till the Lakers flip the switch!
Old 06-13-04, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

^I loved seeing the look on the Lakers faces. It almost looked like it was there last game and some of them looked like they were going to cry
Old 06-13-04, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_Spurs_2150
Just wait till the Lakers flip the switch!
The Lakers can flip the switch after losing to the Pistons again in game 5.
Old 06-13-04, 11:39 PM

I'm waiting for Fish to burst into tears any minute now
Old 06-13-04, 11:40 PM
MANUUU!!!

I just can't hate anyone but the Lakers more, so if the Pistons gotta take them out, THEN GO PISTONS GO!

I wanna see Kobe cry again...
Old 06-13-04, 11:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sheed is not a bad person he just needs structure and that wasn't provided in Portland or any other place. I watched him down here at UNC and he wasn't out of controll back then he had his moments but it was never as bad in Portland because he had Dean Smith watching his back. I also do believe he really does like Brown I guess its the Carolina connection they have he knows Brown has his back and wants him to suceed and that is why he has behaved now.
Old 06-13-04, 11:47 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
Sheed is not a bad person he just needs structure and that wasn't provided in Portland or any other place. I watched him down here at UNC and he wasn't out of controll back then he had his moments but it was never as bad in Portland because he had Dean Smith watching his back. I also do believe he really does like Brown I guess its the Carolina connection they have he knows Brown has his back and wants him to suceed and that is why he has behaved now.
Agreed Rasheed gets a bad wrap...he is good guy and I rooting for this guy.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 06-13-04, 11:51 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseline bum
Burn Hollywood Burn
I smell a riot going on........................ PE 1990 and all of that.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyroom
even if it means watching Rasheed win. Is there anything more totally disgusting than watching Sheed have that whiney look on his face????

Go get 'em Larry Brown!
Yeah fisher with that whiney look, which is good really but annoying. Shaq whining out there, yeah good but annoying. Whats to hate about Sheed they have had bad luck his whole career on his team for real, why hate on him he did nothing to us before????

Quote:
I'm waiting for Fish to burst into tears any minute now
Which means .4 will mean notta in history, Horrys shot to end their run will mean more nad be showed more than that b.s.......... We all want that here, no doubt.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-13-04, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't understand the hate for Sheed the guy has give mad props to Duncan on so many occasions. He did it the other day when he said that Duncan doesn't get respect he is hated but if he played for LA everyobdy would love him. Sheed also said earlier this year that Duncan is the best player he has ever played that he gets excited to go up against Duncan since he is the best PF in the game. How can you hate this guy this isn't Shaq making stupid ass comments he has never ripped our team or ever said stupid **** about our players on national telivision. I just don't get the hatred for him.
Old 06-14-04, 12:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

like lb said, sheed's just misunderstood.
or like shaq would say, an "e-n-i-g-m-a"
Old 06-14-04, 12:19 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperTP
like lb said, sheed's just misunderstood.
or like shaq would say, an "e-n-i-g-m-a"
More like enema.
Old 06-14-04, 12:24 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

watching the lakers lose is compelling TV... the biggest story of the game.

Rasheed's attitude has sucked for few years now but the trade seems to have had a positive effect on him... plus, im happy for Detroit.. a job well done.