News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-04, 07:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

One Spur is on network prime time this June

The Admiral is one of the headliners for the Billy Graham special tonight.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-04, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Who's Graham?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-04, 07:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Preacher.
Old 06-12-04, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I really like David Robinson, though I try to forget about the crowd he runs with.

Who is Billy Graham? Basically, a rich man's Buckner Fanning (not that either of them aren't loaded).
Old 06-12-04, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
really like David Robinson, though I try to forget about the crowd he runs with.
what is wrong with the people he is friends with? let me guess...your one of those that has a problem with David now being a preacher
Old 06-12-04, 08:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I have no problem with preachers that teach the love of Jesus and the Sermon on the Mount. I have a problem with preachers that support war and anti-semitism, that's where I'm coming from if that answers your question.
Old 06-12-04, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones
I really like David Robinson, though I try to forget about the crowd he runs with.

Who is Billy Graham? Basically, a rich man's Buckner Fanning (not that either of them aren't loaded).
yeah....those damn Christians

Billy Graham is a preacher....And so is DRob weather you like it or not.

[edit] Sometimes war is neccesary (and weather you like Bush or the Iraq war its Graham's opinion, if that's what you're talking about) Did Graham say something anti-Semetic or did you just infer it?

I personally don't like him, but he is still a man of God. Those who would say that because he is rich=Godless, I believe say so out of jealousy.[/edit]

Last edited by JamesR; 06-12-04 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-12-04, 09:02 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I would rather david robinson run with that crowd then say the drug addicts.........

ps all preachers are not crooks.
Old 06-12-04, 09:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR

[edit] Sometimes war is neccesary (and weather you like Bush or the Iraq war its Graham's opinion, if that's what you're talking about) Did Graham say something anti-Semetic or did you just infer it?

I personally don't like him, but he is still a man of God. Those who would say that because he is rich=Godless, I believe say so out of jealousy.[/edit]
You, and the other posters, imply that I have a problem with David Robinson and religion. I never said that, you did.

Also, I find it interesting that you go out of your way to apologize for Billy Graham when you don't seem to know anything about him. Also, I find it interesting that you think I have a problem with Christians when I said I follow the words of Jesus and his Sermon on the Mount. You seem to be saying that if you don't like what some Christians have done and said then you must not like any of them. There are a lot of Christians out there and not all of them have acted the best.

As for "sometimes war is necessary", if you're referring to the Iraq war a recent Gallup poll found that a majority of Americans now wish we had never gone to war in Iraq, so I guess you're in the minority there if are apologizing for that as well. Not to mention, more importantly, what Jesus had to say about unneeded war. He was against it.

As for Billy Graham and anti-semitism? Graham and Richard Nixon are caught on tape discussing their paranoid views that Jews are plotting to take over control of America. If you don't believe me, do a google search "Billy Graham anti-semitism" and you'll find article after article referring to the Nixon tapes and that conversation.

So, sorry if my views on religion aren't as complex as your's.
Old 06-12-04, 09:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR

dude, it's whether. A lot of evangelical christians aren't holy but something much worse, greedy.

Anyone who has the same "qualities" as Jerry Fallwell can't be a "good" person.
Old 06-12-04, 09:38 PM

No need to apologize Where did I say anything about the Sermon on the Mount....oh yeah, no where. What struck me about you're 1st post was the phrase "those people" it just struck me wrong.

Sorry if I offended or pissed anyone off. i did not mean it. And spurzzzzz don't be a grammar cop I have never been able to remember how to spell that damn word...
Old 06-12-04, 10:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
I have no problem with preachers that teach the love of Jesus and the Sermon on the Mount. I have a problem with preachers that support war and anti-semitism, that's where I'm coming from if that answers your question.

this isnt the place for this talk but you have to be one of the first persons I have seen have a problem with Billy G. The man has given his life to service and currently is in a hospital. I dont see what the problem is with people DROB associates with
Old 06-12-04, 10:43 PM

I'll make a thread in the Political Forum if ya'll want to continue this.
Old 06-12-04, 11:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
this isnt the place for this talk but you have to be one of the first persons I have seen have a problem with Billy G.
Really? I don't want to get into politics and fights here, but for the record, Billy Graham is a very controversial guy where I am from. It's not that he's religious at all -- it's nothing against being a man of god. It's how that translates to political and social views which these days are considered out-of-date and offensive to a lot of people. He's got a backwards way of looking at a lot of things.
Old 06-13-04, 12:10 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Quote:

I think you are a little outdated.. check out John Hagee at Connerstone Church in SA and on national TV - he is very pro-semite. The Anti- Semites are primarily in Europe and the KKK and skin heads - all groups on the far edge.

I'm happier with David's crowd than the majority of NBA'ers specially when he has put his own money to help others.
Old 06-13-04, 12:18 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
I think you are a little outdated.. check out John Hagee at Connerstone Church in SA and on national TV - he is very pro-semite. The Anti- Semites are primarily in Europe and the KKK and skin heads - all groups on the far edge.

I'm happier with David's crowd than the majority of NBA'ers specially when he has put his own money to help others.
that may be but you can't forget Jerry Fallwell, Farakhan, and all those other idiiots (obviously not all christians, but some are) who think they are God's/Allah's gift to the human race. They suck if you ask me.