News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-10, 02:43 AM
Bender Bending Rodriguez, Esq.

Bill Walton admits he considered suicide

Walton talks frankly about suicide, pain, recovery

Bill Walton said that the pain from his spine injury pushed him to the brink of suicide. "I was standing on the edge of the bridge figuring it was better to jump than to go back to what I really didn't have. Because I had nothing," Walton said.

Walton described where his head was when the pain was at its worst: "Just Google suicide. The first thing that comes up is how do you do it. So when you're standing on the edge of the bridge, and you're thinking is this bridge high enough? Is that ground down there hard enough? That's the world that you're in. That's how bleak. That's how dark."

But thankfully, Walton is now feeling much better. "I am back in the game of life," Walton said.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-10, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm glad he didn't "pull the trigger", so to speak. I'm a huge Walton fan, and nearly wet myself when I saw him during halftime of Game 2 of Bos/Lal. He appeared to be in real good shape, his same old happy self.

Sad days though, glad he's doing better.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-10, 01:35 PM

good for him and glad he's doing better. once you're at that point of suicide, it's a really hard state to get out of. people usually tend to think "he/she is just crazy", but it's something that needs time, patience, and love from others to get through. that feeling is something i wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.