News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-10, 08:33 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Loved Manu´s game, but our bench got killed tonight

Just to say that...
Come on people... Only 3 Spurs played tonight?
Manu, George and Timmy? The rest was there?
Old 03-08-10, 08:38 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

And Hill forgot his nads in crunchtime.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-10, 08:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

yea..even though manu had a great game...i think he's better coming off the bench just seems like there is more chemistry when he's a bench player...ugh why tony why did you have to get hurt!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-10, 08:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm so pissed I even missed Bogans. and when you start to wonder why Bogans isn't there, you know the world is upside down

in the meanwhile, I'll write a letter:

Quote:
Dear Pop:
There's a guy in your team. He's quite big so you've probably seen him. Just in case, his name is DeJuan Blair. If you see him around, say him hi for me. And as you're at it.... f****ng use him!!!!
Love and Kisses
F.
Old 03-08-10, 10:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Not sure, but i don't know if pop is trying to keep manu's value low, or he just wants us to loose, at the end, all balls, and i mean all, must go to manu.

3 pointers by Mason and Hill... my gosh. You got one of the clutchest players in the league, on fire... and you draw a play for Mason...
Old 03-08-10, 10:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

And Hairsont needs to get minutes over Mason, i cannot think of anything that Mason does better than Hairston.
Old 03-09-10, 12:04 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaji157 View Post
And Hairsont needs to get minutes over Mason, i cannot think of anything that Mason does better than Hairston.
I get your point, but Hairston's not even closer to Mason's ballhandling (such as it is).
Old 03-09-10, 12:11 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I get your point, but Hairston's not even closer to Mason's ballhandling (such as it is).
Nor does he have the range. If even 2 of Mason's shots went in tonight, Spurs would have won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
I'm so pissed I even missed Bogans. and when you start to wonder why Bogans isn't there, you know the world is upside down

in the meanwhile, I'll write a letter:
In Pop's defense (and he did use the whole bench this game), Blair had one of his worst games since post all-star break. He blew some nice passes from Manu (trying to score before he even had the ball) and also some really stupid fouls.

Although if Blair could handle the ball better than Mason, I'd probably put him on the floor in front of him.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 03-09-10, 12:29 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why do you think Hairston lacks range? He shot .440 from 3land in the D-League, is the line shorter as the NCAA?

With Manu and TD assisting you are as wide open as you can be in the D-League. There are no time issues for him, as i am not expecting him to launch contested 3's but wiiiiide open ones.
Old 03-09-10, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Why do you think Hairston lacks range? He shot .440 from 3land in the D-League, is the line shorter as the NCAA?

With Manu and TD assisting you are as wide open as you can be in the D-League. There are no time issues for him, as i am not expecting him to launch contested 3's but wiiiiide open ones.
In the Spurs games, when has Hairston even shown he can take the shot comfortably? D-League is different than NBA. If Hairston could dribble worth a a nickle, I'd not play Mason the majority of the game.

I hope Hairston develops the range over time so he can show it in the NBA, but its hard to give him the call for the 3 when he hasn't really shot much in the NBA.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 03-09-10, 12:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
In the Spurs games, when has Hairston even shown he can take the shot comfortably? D-League is different than NBA. If Hairston could dribble worth a a nickle, I'd not play Mason the majority of the game.

I hope Hairston develops the range over time so he can show it in the NBA, but its hard to give him the call for the 3 when he hasn't really shot much in the NBA.
I don't think he was given the oportunity, i can't remember Hairston making a 3, but i cant remember him missing one either.

I'll look his percentage on NBA.COM.
Old 03-09-10, 12:38 AM

Quote:
I don't think he was given the oportunity, i can't remember Hairston making a 3, but i cant remember him missing one either.

I'll look his percentage on NBA.COM.
He's only taken 1 shot. I'm not adverse to Hairston taking 3's going forward, but hard to throw a guy into a clutch 3 point situation. I was fine with Hill taking a corner 3 since he's shooting 46.9% post all start break from behind the arc in the corners.

Old 03-09-10, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
He's only taken 1 shot. I'm not adverse to Hairston taking 3's going forward, but hard to throw a guy into a clutch 3 point situation. I was fine with Hill taking a corner 3 since he's shooting 46.9% post all start break from behind the arc in the corners.
Of course not, but at the start of the game you could start giving this guy minutes over Mason.

Also, wasn't rare at best, that mason took 10 shots and RJ took only 3?

Rather than Mason doing his 3.7 million pick n pop, wouldnt you run some iso plays for RJ?
Old 03-09-10, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Of course not, but at the start of the game you could start giving this guy minutes over Mason.

Also, wasn't rare at best, that mason took 10 shots and RJ took only 3?

Rather than Mason doing his 3.7 million pick n pop, wouldnt you run some iso plays for RJ?
Honestly, watching your link and remembering the sequence of the plays, if Mason just swung the ball, it would have been fine, I believe.

Old 03-09-10, 05:31 AM
SR Team Goof

After Mason's agent made it known before the trade deadline that Mason would accept a trade in order to obtain more playing time, he's going to get it now with Parker being down. Mason, of all the others, has to step up now and do his part or he won't find himself anywhere near Pop's regular rotation as the playoffs near.
Old 03-09-10, 06:22 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

The bench got killed because the main piece of that unit (Manu) started and nobody else picked up his role. Mase needs to prove himself and do it fast,when he's missing all of his 3 point shots he's useless.....
Old 03-09-10, 06:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
After Mason's agent made it known before the trade deadline that Mason would accept a trade in order to obtain more playing time, he's going to get it now with Parker being down. Mason, of all the others, has to step up now and do his part or he won't find himself anywhere near Pop's regular rotation as the playoffs near.
I honestly dont know what to think after losing that winnable game. No reason to have lost. This might be the first season in recent history where we dont have at least 1 5 game winning streak. Truly sad and shows what kind of inconsistency this team has played with

- Confucius
Old 03-09-10, 07:09 AM
The Master Baiter

Manu was being doubled at the end of the game, so it made sense for him to pass it to the open man. Even the shot that Manu made with his toe on the line was not a good shot, he had two guys draped on him.

But come on, Hairston? Really? Yeah, and Ian didn't look like a D-Leaguer last night.
Old 03-09-10, 07:41 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

If Manu's play tonight doesn't light a fire under the front office's rear to get him an extension and make sure he stays here then nothing will...I hope Buford doesn't play this I'm smarter than everyone else game and screw things up by alienating Manu....
Old 03-09-10, 08:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
Just to say that...
Come on people... Only 3 Spurs played tonight?
Manu, George and Timmy? The rest was there?
I agree that only three people played, but they were Manu, George, and Bonner.
Tim looked slow and disinterested in playing. There was no passion in his game at all. Of course, it didn't help that RJ looked like a . Roger brought his name and not his game. Why did Pop go to him at the end when Manu was killing them? :richb

I would rather have had Bonner take that last shot than roger :shocked.

Pop will tell me just to :shutup.
Old 03-09-10, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy219 View Post
I agree that only three people played, but they were Manu, George, and Bonner.
Tim looked slow and disinterested in playing. There was no passion in his game at all.
+1

MANU: :applause:applause:applause