News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-09, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Thunder-Spurs Preview/Game Thread-11/14

Thunder-Spurs Preview

(AP) -- Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are out with sore left ankles. One of them should return Saturday night, but coach Gregg Popovich won't say which.

The Spurs, looking to improve to 5-0 at home, hope one of their superstars will be back when they face the Oklahoma City Thunder.

San Antonio (4-3) played without Duncan and Parker on Wednesday, but still managed to beat Dallas 92-83. Popovich said one will likely return Saturday, although he didn't hint as to who it would be.

Both missed the first two games of this three-game homestand, but San Antonio hasn't missed a beat.

Richard Jefferson, acquired in the offseason from Milwaukee, has averaged a team-high 26.5 points in the last two games. He had 29 on Wednesday.

"I remember walking out in the second half and we were starting four guys that are new for this team," he said. "To have a little success, to give some new guys some extra minutes in the season, is good."

Manu Ginobili has averaged 24.5 points per game without Duncan and Parker.

Popovich has rotated his frontcourt starters in Duncan's absence, using Michael Finley and Theo Ratliff in Monday's win over Toronto and Antonio McDyess and rookie DeJuan Blair on Wednesday. Blair leads all rookies with a 7.3 rebounding average.

Perhaps the most surprising development for San Antonio has been the emergence of Keith Bogans, who signed with the team Sept. 25 and started the last three games. He scored 13 points Wednesday and has developed into a defensive stopper, replacing the retired Bruce Bowen.

"My job is defense, first and foremost - when a shot is there I will take it," Bogans said. "I'm always ready to go whether I start or not. Without Tim and Tony, there is a big chance for others to play."

Bogans could have his hands full Saturday if he matches up with fellow Washington, D.C.-area native Kevin Durant, who is averaging 27.0 points per game for Oklahoma City (4-4). That's the same average Durant had against the Spurs last season as the teams split four meetings.

Durant scored 30 points and hit the winning jumper with 38 seconds to go in an 83-79 road victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. He added 10 boards for his third double-double.

"It feels good to know that my team has the confidence in me to take those," Durant said. "The last game and a couple of games before that I didn't hit them, but tonight they fell for me."

Point guard Russell Westbrook suffered an ankle injury that he played through Wednesday, but it doesn't appear he will miss any action. Westbrook averaged 18.2 points in his first six games before scoring a total of 11 the last two.

The Thunder beat the Clippers despite posting their second-lowest point total of the season.

"It was just toughness. We didn't score a lot of points, and I don't think we shot good from the field," guard Kevin Ollie said. "Our starting point guard was out there limping a little bit, so we just gutted out and we did it on the defensive end, which we've been doing a lot in our games this season."

Old 11-14-09, 09:58 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

at home the Spurs should win even without one of their stars or even without both!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-09, 10:42 AM
NBA Ref Wrangler

NBA.com - Referee Assignments
Nov 14, 2009
Oklahoma City @ San Antonio--Bob Delaney, Curtis Blair, Bill Kennedy

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
---Winston Churchill (1903)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-09, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

spurs have NO IDENTITY.

and they can take all season to figure it out, but the earlier the better.

what do i mean by NO IDENTITY? no one wants to take over. no one knows when to takeover. no one takes charge.
we got 5 players on the floor that only want to pass. everyone player is thinking, let me pass the ball so someone can get a better shot. and the ball jst gets passed around.

"well, i might miss and there's other good players on the team, so maybe they should have the ball. sure, thats right, let me pass it. why drive, that guy can drive to, why should i think i can do it better? dont' wanna be a ballhog, so let me pass it out."
Old 11-14-09, 10:13 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

PATHETIC.........
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.