News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-06-09, 01:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Defense in the paint non-existent

ok??? poppovich needs to play ian mahinmi and haislip no matter how bad they are!

and theo ratliff

against the jazz, spurs defense was horrid.

defense?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-09, 02:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

start Theo? i can't believe I thought that , much less typed it out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-09, 02:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

We need a real center who can play alongside Duncan. Not a PF. Our guards & forwards are funneling their men into the middle like they always have...problem is there is no longer a center there to protect the rim!
Old 11-06-09, 02:44 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scxeezy View Post
We need a real center who can play alongside Duncan. Not a PF. Our guards & forwards are funneling their men into the middle like they always have...problem is there is no longer a center there to protect the rim!
Well I guess could mean we are not retooled and not going anywhere this year then I hate to think of that and don't yet, but if thats any indication of what the Spurs are now they fell off.

I still got alot of hope they will gel and work it out and win one, but as of right now thats faaaaaaaaaaaaar off, alot of work to do.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 11-06-09, 03:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I also have to add this "small ball" lineup pop loves. which is completely stupid!

remember the 2006 semi-finals against the mavericks!!!!! why do you think horry was upset that yr? huh?

because pop played small ball lineup with finley? ginobili,parker,bowen and duncan!!!!!!

everybody knows what happen game 6 of the semi-finals, spurs were not defeated by the mavericks, we were defeated because pop is not that bright sometimes.
Old 11-06-09, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

small ball really sux. Watchin Okur take it to the hole on the low block made me want to throw up. I can't believe Pop still thinks small ball is the way to go.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 11-06-09, 03:18 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I would've liked to have seen Theo make an appearance last night to stop the interior defensive problems. He's not going to get it done for 82 games, but he can be useful when we are bleeding like a Confederate soldier with a cannon hole in his gut.
Old 11-06-09, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospursgostrive View Post
I also have to add this "small ball" lineup pop loves. which is completely stupid!

remember the 2006 semi-finals against the mavericks!!!!! why do you think horry was upset that yr? huh?

because pop played small ball lineup with finley? ginobili,parker,bowen and duncan!!!!!!

everybody knows what happen game 6 of the semi-finals, spurs were not defeated by the mavericks, we were defeated because pop is not that bright sometimes.
Bonner at PF/C IS playing small ball. Bonner doesn't play like a big. i'd rather have Finley playing PF over Bonner. Horry was upset because he had to guard Josh Howard. he started the playoffs vs. the Mavs, Bruce guarded Dirk, so we in essence didn't go small.
Old 11-06-09, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I would've liked to have seen Theo make an appearance last night to stop the interior defensive problems. He's not going to get it done for 82 games, but he can be useful when we are bleeding like a Confederate soldier with a cannon hole in his gut.
that'd make too much sense for Pop
Old 11-06-09, 03:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

we should Frankenstein a player, Ian's legs and torso, with Theo's arms and mind....
Old 11-06-09, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

thank you! this is exactly the problem that we need to fix. our offense isn't half bad right now, it's just that we can't stop the paint to save our lives. denver, la, boston, orlando and the cavs are going to eat us alive if this keeps up.
Old 11-06-09, 03:50 PM

i miss Kurt Thomas
Old 11-06-09, 06:26 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
we should Frankenstein a player, Ian's legs and torso, with Theo's arms and mind....
If you're going to go Frankenstein, use Fabricio Oberto's head, Theo's arms and upper body, Ian's lower body (hopefully slightly healthier than Theo), and . . . clone and transplant Manu's heart.
Old 11-06-09, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
If you're going to go Frankenstein, use Fabricio Oberto's head, Theo's arms and upper body, Ian's lower body (hopefully slightly healthier than Theo), and . . . clone and transplant Manu's heart.
we'd have a tall guy with long arms and good rebounding skills, but if we're giving him Obby's brain....it'll be kinda sad to see a guy like that tapping it out instead of rebounding
Old 11-06-09, 07:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
we'd have a tall guy with long arms and good rebounding skills, but if we're giving him Obby's brain....it'll be kinda sad to see a guy like that tapping it out instead of rebounding
give him TD's brain