News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-06-09, 12:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

George Hill poor start

So i thought that Hill was supposed to be this much improved player coming out of camp. He looks quite lost out there. He had a absolutely horrible game at Utah and doesnt seem confident on what to do at the point. Maybe we should call him preseason George. Hes not even finishing at the rim. I guess hes happy to be on the court to just show off his new ink.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-09, 12:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It was the first really bad game he's had all season dude.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-09, 12:25 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Hill has been prone to ball-hogging. I don't like that in a PG (any). We already have a shooting pg and even considering Hill is more cut to play G, I still expect he envolves his teammates in the game.
[email protected]
Old 11-06-09, 02:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamo View Post
So i thought that Hill was supposed to be this much improved player coming out of camp. He looks quite lost out there. He had a absolutely horrible game at Utah and doesnt seem confident on what to do at the point. Maybe we should call him preseason George. Hes not even finishing at the rim. I guess hes happy to be on the court to just show off his new ink.
Step away from the ledge. You're ready to trade the whole team 4 games into the season.
Old 11-06-09, 03:25 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
Hill has been prone to ball-hogging. I don't like that in a PG (any). We already have a shooting pg and even considering Hill is more cut to play G, I still expect he envolves his teammates in the game.

Ballhogging? Seriously?

He deferred to Mason and Manu on almost all the possessions last night. He had several great drives where the ball rolled off the rim. He's just trying too hard and a bit nervous. We saw some of this early last year. He will get into a groove soon enough.
Old 11-06-09, 03:26 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackWhore View Post
Step away from the ledge. You're ready to trade the whole team 4 games into the season.
Exactly.

I would say it's almost a guarantee that we'll win a championship when the team looks this bad early in the season.
Old 11-06-09, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Ballhogging? Seriously?

He deferred to Mason and Manu on almost all the possessions last night. He had several great drives where the ball rolled off the rim. He's just trying too hard and a bit nervous. We saw some of this early last year. He will get into a groove soon enough.
yeah i agree with that, he looked too passive and over thought what he should do (especially at the rim where he missed point blank shots). no way he should be nervous though. Mr. "I got a full year under my wing, I've matured", if he's getting nervous and not knowing what to do, he's not worth bringing off the bench. imagine in the playoffs? Beno would probably be a better option over him then. dude needed to just be quiet and let his play do the talking over the whole "maturity" talk.
Old 11-06-09, 03:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think he had some hard luck last night. He had about 3 killer drives where the ball just rolled out. He at least looked into the game and giving an effort. Apart from him and Tony, none of the spurs really looked ready to play or aggressive.

His defense was decent, his length and quickness bothered Deron, but by the time he was guarding him, the Jazz were up 11 -15 pts.

In the Jazz's Favor: They were playing at home, they had some bad 4QTR melt downs, and they had a mighty momentum.

In our defense: There was none.....haha (please someone find this funny)

My soltuions: Start Theo and Manu. Manu's legs aren't under him and his shots and handle are off, his timing is not yet right. I think Starting him will get him to be sharper. As for Theo, we need blocks and rebounds out of our 5, it's sad we should have to resort to this, but nothing fancy, just blocks and rebounds.
Old 11-06-09, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I think he had some hard luck last night. He had about 3 killer drives where the ball just rolled out. He at least looked into the game and giving an effort. Apart from him and Tony, none of the spurs really looked ready to play or aggressive.

His defense was decent, his length and quickness bothered Deron, but by the time he was guarding him, the Jazz were up 11 -15 pts.

In the Jazz's Favor: They were playing at home, they had some bad 4QTR melt downs, and they had a mighty momentum.

My soltuions: Start Theo and Manu. Manu's legs aren't under him and his shots and handle are off, his timing is not yet right. I think Starting him will get him to be sharper. As for Theo, we need blocks and rebounds out of our 5, it's sad we should have to resort to this, but nothing fancy, just blocks and rebounds.
LOL nice one. don't know about starting both Theo and Manu. what's killing us is interior defense, which makes sense in starting (oh i don't know) a defensive guy next to TD. one liability on D is acceptable, but 2 absolutely kills us. Finley can somewhat put a hand up in the perimeter. we need to get Bonner out of there!
Old 11-06-09, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

well Jose, I think we are saying and wanting the same thing,

I think Ratliff next to Duncan, to start games would have suffocated the Jazz early, and forced them to shoot jumpers. Now do I like starting an oft injured, 35 year old veteran minimum center, who's signing not 3 months ago gave me a heart attack? No!!!!!!! Bu the guy does exactly what Bonner can't, patrol the lane, grab boards and beef up our frontline.

Can he do it for 100+ Games? I want to say no, but we don't have many options. I just pray he resembles David Robinson 03, and holds up...

As for Manu, the whole point of keeping him on the bench is that he's a sparkplug that can handle the ball, shoot, drive, and play some pesky defense. Well, after so much time off, he's pretty rusty, poor timing, and just doesn't have that spark right now. I think Starting him off well help get his legs under him, get him in rhythm, and pay off for the spurs.
Old 11-06-09, 04:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVas View Post
It was the first really bad game he's had all season dude.
And 'all season' is now at 4 games.

Anyone know where the panic button is? :shocked
Old 11-06-09, 04:40 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Ballhogging? Seriously?

As long as we keep carrying the ball instead of passing the ball (like last year), we are going to be in deep trouble again.

I might focus only on the futile drives and the ill-advised jump-shots with no time on the clock he took. Or the fact he either milked the shot-clock or hurried too much.
I like Hill, but again, his number 1 priority has to be involving ppl on offense.
[email protected]
Old 11-06-09, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post

I agree here. I think Hill did decent on D and he did have some nice drives to the rim but unfortunately missed them, yesterday I would have loved to see Theo out there for some D. As for any one else putting forth the effort... I did like what I saw out of Blair when he was on the floor. Lets hope they get into rhythm in tonight's game at Portland