News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-05-09, 11:49 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Trade Idea that should help

Spurs send Keith Bogans and Ian Mahimi to Sacramento for Sergio Rodriguez , Jon Brockman, 2010 second round, and right to swap 2nd rounders in 2011. Don't see the need for Bogans in the first place. Stunting Hairston's growth in my view. Ian did not get an extention so in my view the gave up on him.(rightfully so) Plus Ratliff fills the Kevin Willis type of role better then Ian. The future spurs center is Splitter not Mahimi. Oh yeah before I go forward anymore. It's obvious the kings are looking for someone to fill Francisco Garcias void and signing Udoka gives them a Bogans type player. They released Desmond Mason so it shows they are looking for vet perimeter help. Bogans gives them some of that. Ian gets a clean slate. The kings get a former first round pick who is young and athletic. Last year Tony went down for a few games. It would be nice having a 3rd point guard on a 15 man roster. Sergio provides that. Brockman is a banger and thats it. I envison him being a poor mans Mark Mad dog Madsen type but for salary cap purposes I included him. The 2nd rounder and rights to swap picks was mainly because Ian is the player with the biggest upside in the whole trade. The kings get perimeter defender help and a big man project. The spurs get a 3rd string point guard, a rookie banger, and future draft considerations. To me it makes sense all around for both teams. Any thoughts? Be nice.........lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-09, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Did you just say Splitter... Uhhh No....

Splitter can Split and never come back!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-09, 12:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

im not really interested in trading k. bogans if i was cool enough to have anything to say about it. Bogans could be a player/shooter/ballhandler/ well thats enough for now,, this season.

ive seen sergio Rod. in a few games and hes a good player, not putting him down but i just wouldnt trade k. bogans. Ian im not sure about. i know i wouldnt miss him on the team,like scola since he never was part of it,
GO SPURS
Old 11-06-09, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

trade Blair to a team that will actually use him, cause he's fun to watch.

I'm Gregg Popovich and I have decided not to give Blair minutes even tho he is freakin awesome, b/c he gets excited and happy when he makes big plays. He makes a lot of great plays, and therefore he gets happy and acts excited a lot on teh court, and that is completely innapropriate b/c i am gregg popovich and i find that appaling.
Old 11-06-09, 12:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

You think Sac would give up Brockman though? If I were them I certainly wouldn't for Bogans and Mahinmi. I can't envision any team looking at Mahinmi and thinking he can be something good. Especially for how terrible he looked in the Summer League, where most of the scouts are. But if that were to happen then that's a steal.
Old 11-06-09, 12:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

I'm Gregg Popovich and I have decided not to give Blair minutes even tho he is freakin awesome, b/c he gets excited and happy when he makes big plays. He makes a lot of great plays, and therefore he gets happy and acts excited a lot on teh court, and that is completely innapropriate b/c i am gregg popovich and i find that appaling.
Pop is gonna have to give Blair more minutes...or be fired.
Old 11-06-09, 01:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackWhore View Post
Pop is gonna have to give Blair more minutes...or be fired.
^^^ What they said ^^^

I don't know why Pop seems to refuse to play all of our best players at the same time...especially when we are down 10 and need to mount a comeback. Since we do not have a true center, I would like to see:

Blair
Duncan
Jefferson
Ginobili
Parker

all at the same time to try to make a run.
Old 11-06-09, 01:59 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVas View Post
You think Sac would give up Brockman though? If I were them I certainly wouldn't for Bogans and Mahinmi. I can't envision any team looking at Mahinmi and thinking he can be something good. Especially for how terrible he looked in the Summer League, where most of the scouts are. But if that were to happen then that's a steal.

Have to agree. Rodriguez is proved player and Brockman is a banger. Both are playing solid minutes for the Kings. Bogans is the 12th man on the bench and Mahimini is sitting in the bleachers. If I were the Kings, I’d have to give a big belly laugh to the Spurs FO, thank them for the call and hang up.
Old 11-06-09, 02:14 PM

everyone who comes up with trade ideas (well almost everyone) thinks of the benefits that we can get, they don't think of the other team, which most likely will laugh if you even think about giving them that proposal.

throughout the World Series, i kept hearing "if your gonna lose, you need to lose with your best pitch" (talking about Lidge in that statement). if we lose, i want us to lose with our BEST PLAYERS. that means, no Finley or Bonner starting. we get into too much of a hole when they're in, Pop calls a timeout and doesn't do any subs, they just go back out and pretend they heard something. Blair was doing pretty darn decent last night and Pop decides "ok that's enough, let's put Bonner in there" for whatever reason. my headache just came back thinking about this
Old 11-06-09, 02:21 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Blair is a six foot six rookie power foward. He is getting all the minutes he deserves.

I don't like the trade idea because I still want to see what Ian has in some regular season games.
Old 11-06-09, 03:34 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Ian has more upside then the other players mentioned. I think its fair deal for both teams. It would help both teams too.
Old 11-06-09, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Spurs send Keith Bogans

((snippage))
Bogans can't be traded until the 'FA signed over the summer trade limitation' period has passed. It's December or January, I believe.
Old 11-06-09, 04:02 PM
Herman Cain of the board

December so not far away.
Old 11-06-09, 05:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Go after Gortat when that time rolls around, you know the only reason Orlando kept him was so they could trade him rather than give him to Dallas for free. All signs say they trade him to Houston but we could offer them Bonner, Finley and/or Mason. Orlando loves surrounding Dwigt with 3 point shooters after all. Just an idea, but I don't know all the specifics with contracts so yeah.
Old 11-07-09, 09:58 AM
Herman Cain of the board

this trade sound better now that Tony is down for a week. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-09-09, 08:16 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Do this trade next month RC!
Old 11-10-09, 08:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Sergio Rodriguez would be a big problem. He wants to play and here he won't