News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-05-09, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Kings Forward Andres Nocioni arrested

Maybe this is one reason Udoka signed with them.
Per ESPN mobile, Kings Forward Andres Nocioni arrested on suspision of drunk driving Sacramento police said.

------------------

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni has been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

Nocioni was booked into the Sacramento County jail at 3:26 a.m. Pt Thursday.

Sacramento police Sgt. Norm Leong says Nocioni was pulled over around 2 a.m. in downtown Sacramento when an officer noticed his car weaving.

The officer noticed an odour of alcohol and conducted a field test before booking Nocioni on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The arrest came hours after the Kings lost a home game to the Atlanta Hawks, 113-105, on Wednesday night.

The Kings did not have any immediate comment.
Old 11-05-09, 12:13 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

He's a European. Come on. They have different standards than the rest of us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-09, 12:15 PM
Official SR Home Builder

He is South American
Old 11-05-09, 12:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

thats sad.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-09, 12:20 PM
SR Team Goof

This will really enhance his trade value.
Old 11-05-09, 12:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'd be a drunk too if I played for the Kings.
Old 11-05-09, 12:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni has been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

Nocioni

Nocioni was booked into the Sacramento County jail at 6:26 a.m. ET on Thursday. Sacramento police Sgt. Norm Leong says Nocioni was pulled over around 2 a.m. in downtown Sacramento when an officer noticed his car weaving.

The officer noticed an odor of alcohol and conducted a field test before booking Nocioni on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The arrest came hours after the Kings lost a home game to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night.

The Kings did not have any immediate comment.

Sacramento Kings' Andres Nocioni arrested on suspicion of drunken driving - ESPN
Old 11-05-09, 01:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

He shouldn't be drinking, much less driving under that conditions. The Kings probably could void his contract for that.
Old 11-05-09, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Old 11-05-09, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
He is South American
I know. Just making an oblique, weak, strained reference to the Roman Polanski deal.

I guess if we were waiting on official word that he'll never be a Spur, there you go.
Old 11-05-09, 02:38 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I know. Just making an oblique, weak, strained reference to the Roman Polanski deal.

I guess if we were waiting on official word that he'll never be a Spur, there you go.
Very oblique, very weak, very strained comparing a possible DUI with a pedophile.
And don't go getting ur pants in bunch like it's the 1st time a NBA player is arrested. So far this season I've seen at least 2 cases on weapons/guns charges.
[email protected]
Old 11-05-09, 02:47 PM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

I'd take him. He's got skill. If this was orchestrated to get him released from Sacramento, then...MAYBE, perhaps he will be free to sign with a contender.
He ain't Mike Vick but like Vick, he has skills. He does his community service and pays the fine and restitution and I can see him coming to a contender, why not the Spurs? It's not like he has been problematic, this is his 1st time. We all have "issues", his profession makes it more noteworthy that if it happened to us.

Old 11-05-09, 02:52 PM
admin

I'd take him too. The Spurs fired a scout over not getting this guy at some point because the scout had listed his birthday incorrectly or something. Anyone remember that?
Old 11-05-09, 02:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly101 View Post
I'd be a drunk too if I played for the Kings.
For real..this is after an article that talked about how unhappy he was in Sacramento.
Old 11-05-09, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I'd take him too. The Spurs fired a scout over not getting this guy at some point because the scout had listed his birthday incorrectly or something. Anyone remember that?
I do. I just can't remember who that scout was. I thought that it could Mike D'Antoni but I'm not sure at all about that.

It's Noc peeps. He's a Spur and believe it or not, some Spurs have had issues and once they don the Silver & Black, those issues are nil.
But when they leave, well then...all bets are off. But it's Noc, so I think this is a one time event.

Old 11-05-09, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

it's odd how sympathetic people seem to be.
Old 11-05-09, 03:58 PM

I wouldn't call it sympathy per se. I think it's more like, there is a limited amount of talent out there in the league. That guy exhibits some of the things that are needed for a contending team. He made a mistake of judgment and was apprehended accordingly, if this guy was SJax, I would support him the same way.

Old 11-05-09, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango View Post
I'd take him. He's got skill. If this was orchestrated to get him released from Sacramento, then...MAYBE, perhaps he will be free to sign with a contender.
He ain't Mike Vick but like Vick, he has skills. He does his community service and pays the fine and restitution and I can see him coming to a contender, why not the Spurs? It's not like he has been problematic, this is his 1st time. We all have "issues", his profession makes it more noteworthy that if it happened to us.
I'd take him on those terms-- release and sign with us. Wouldn't take his contract on and wouldn't give up anybody good for him.
Old 11-05-09, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Yeah, I remember that. But he's not the same player he was when he first entered the league.

He might be a better fit here than he was with the Bulls though.
Old 11-05-09, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
Very oblique, very weak, very strained comparing a possible DUI with a pedophile.
And don't go getting ur pants in bunch like it's the 1st time a NBA player is arrested. So far this season I've seen at least 2 cases on weapons/guns charges.
I wasn't trying to compare them as in moral equivalence, just making a reference.

You can check my pants if you want, but no bunches here.

And as a Texan, I'm all FOR gun charges. Bring those players here here where "gun charges" are what show up on your credit card when you go on a spending spree before hunting season.
Old 11-05-09, 04:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I would take the guy ala Drew Gooden.

But I would like if some time were taken to fully investigate the issue.
Old 11-05-09, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
thats sad.
True. He's Manu's buddy, so it's kind of hard to get mad at him.
Old 11-05-09, 04:33 PM
Administrator

After reading what Beno said how Nocioni never went anywhere not even to the clubs with him and just stays by himself. So I blame Beno for taking him out and getting him drunk.