News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-09-09, 12:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Does Tony have competition???

Tony (Romo) and Eva
By Chad Peters on Aug 8, 09 03:52 PM

Eva Longoria Parker was on hand for Saturday morning's practice, and she spent several minutes afterward chatting with Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

Afterward, she dropped this bombshell: she was actually a Cowboys fan before she was a Spurs fan.

"I love the Cowboys," she said. "I'm always so happy whenever they do training camp in San Antonio. I told Tony I was a Cowboys fan before I was a Spurs fan."

She also said her diamond-encrusted No. 9 necklace -- which honors husband Tony Parker -- could serve double duty on this day.

"This is my number 9 for my Tony, but I said I'd put it on for Tony Romo today," she said.

August 08, 2009 @ 06:25 PM

The Associated Press

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (9) chats with actress Eva Longoria after morning football practice at the Cowboys training camp in San Antonio, Texas, Saturday, Aug. 8, 2009.

just sayin.
GO SPURS GO

Last edited by SAGA; 08-09-09 at 12:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-09-09, 10:01 AM
Dr. Dash

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-09-09, 11:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Great just what we need. While Tony is on the floor he'll be distracted wondering where Eva is if she is not in the stands, lol.
Old 08-09-09, 11:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

not a cowboys fan... but if I was, I wouldn't like Romo. As long as he stays in Dallas, the 'Boys will never win anything of importance.
Old 08-09-09, 03:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Well since they are both named Tony, if she gets confused while making whoopee and yells out "Tony", she won't get a beating.
Old 08-09-09, 03:31 PM
Dr. Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsunshine View Post
Well since they are both named Tony, if she gets confused while making whoopee and yells out "Tony", she won't get a beating.
Old 08-09-09, 04:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Uh-oh Tony!
Old 08-10-09, 03:13 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I'd be more worried about Romo getting distracted than anything else. His concentration level in relation to attractive female fans does not have a great record.
Old 08-10-09, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcell31 View Post
not a cowboys fan... but if I was, I wouldn't like Romo. As long as he stays in Dallas, the 'Boys will never win anything of importance.
What do you base this on?? if you're not a cowboy fan, how would you know to make a statement like that? Not liking him doesn't make him a player that can't win anything. hell if that was true, then Kobe would be a horrible player and would have never won any titles! :richb
Old 08-10-09, 04:17 PM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTD View Post
What do you base this on?? if you're not a cowboy fan, how would you know to make a statement like that? Not liking him doesn't make him a player that can't win anything. hell if that was true, then Kobe would be a horrible player and would have never won any titles! :richb
I know what you mean and I agree to some extent in that there is no reason to bash an athlete that way.

Still, being or not being a fan of that team has nothing to do with that attitude, I guess, since, if I recall correctly, many people in this forum had said many times that the likes of Dirk Nowitzki and Amare Stoudamire will never lead their teams to a Championship and I don't think any of the guys saying it were either Mavs nor Suns fans. If I'm not mistaken, until he went to Boston and got his ring, many people (not only in this forum but in some other places as well) were also saying the same about KG .
Old 08-10-09, 04:30 PM
Administrator

It's not like Romo's ever won anything, if you really think about it.
Old 08-10-09, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
He didn't base it on not liking Romo, he based it on the fact that Romo has proven to be soft down the stretch, can't play in the cold, and just plain hasn't won anything yet. So far he's just not proven to be a winner when it matters. I'm a Texans fan first, but since I'm from SA I don't hold a Texans-only loyalty and will root for Dallas, so I'm not saying this out of hate or anything.
Old 08-10-09, 07:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneAg54 View Post
He didn't base it on not liking Romo, he based it on the fact that Romo has proven to be soft down the stretch, can't play in the cold, and just plain hasn't won anything yet. So far he's just not proven to be a winner when it matters. I'm a Texans fan first, but since I'm from SA I don't hold a Texans-only loyalty and will root for Dallas, so I'm not saying this out of hate or anything.

he said, if I was a cowboys fan I would not like Tony Romo! So, tell me again how he didn't say that!
Old 08-10-09, 07:55 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

pinche chiflada
Old 08-10-09, 08:44 PM
Dr. Dash

hahahahahahaha
Old 08-10-09, 09:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Everything has an end. . .
Old 08-10-09, 10:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
Old 08-10-09, 11:55 PM
SpursReport Rookie

is she still freinds w/ jessica?
Old 08-11-09, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
noone wins anything before they win anything, you have to start somewhere, he still has plenty of time to win (see john elway, not that romo is that good, just an example)
Old 08-11-09, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
he said, if I was a cowboys fan I would not like Tony Romo! So, tell me again how he didn't say that!
if I was a cowboys' fan, and therefore wanted the boys to win... I would want Romo out of there. New QB please! he ain't gonna win anything of importance.

But since I'm NOT a cowboys fan... He can stay there until he retires for all I care. That would actually be awesome, since I dislike the Dallas Cowboys.
Old 08-11-09, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am a true Dallas hater, starting with the Mavs and then Lakers(they don't have to be from dallas, I just hate them). The Cowboys to me have had the best team ala Mavs(in 2006 and 2007) this past 2 yrs and have not won anything..ala Mavs..

Last edited by easy7; 08-11-09 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Iam a huge Cowboys fan and this is not good, Tony gets easily distracted with these starlets. Iam sure there's nothing to this but man she is a flirt and some of the comments she makes are kind of crazy.