News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-09, 08:12 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Are the Lakers really better after the Odom siging?

You know, I know, we all know that the Lakers will be the Spurs main competition for representing the west next year. My question is, are the Lakers really better after the Odom signing? They did get Artest but he's a time bomb waiting to happen. They lost Ariza but, he really picked it up in the playoffs and "knew his role" the same can't be said for Artest or Odom. I still think they're the favorites to win the title (and rightfully so, they're defending Champs) but, I also think if any team can dethrone the Champs it'll be us........anyways, I really don't think the Lakers got any better with the Odom signing.

So, basically what I'm trying to say is, the Lakers are still gonna be tough to beat but IMO, I don't think they improved in the offseason........thoughts......

oops....I acidentally mis-spelled signing in the title my bad

Last edited by esparzar1; 07-31-09 at 08:15 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-09, 08:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Breaking news: Odom says he no longer takes showers in the team locker room.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-09, 08:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

NO. But the media will think so. And that's a good thing b/c Spurs can now fly under the radar.
Old 07-31-09, 09:03 AM

I hope they self-desruct during the reg. season. However, I still want to see them in the WCF against the Spurs. There's no better feeling in the world than knocking out your teams rival during the playoffs
Old 07-31-09, 09:20 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Of course they are better. Hes a solid player.
Old 07-31-09, 09:21 AM
The Master Baiter

Odom is already what he is, we know what he brings to the Lakers, but I think the Artest signing is a bit overrated. Odom however, was also playing for one last contract last year. And players like him, the above average borderline all star, tend to play better in contract years and not really do much after that.
Old 07-31-09, 09:28 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Lakers are the champs and are better than everyone else till somebody beats them.

$
Old 07-31-09, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

They aren't worse.
Old 07-31-09, 10:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Odom causes major headaches for the Spurs. Is he important? There's like an 800 page thread about the subject at Lakersground.net.

In my opinion, he is the key to the whole Lakers' machine.
Old 07-31-09, 10:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Lakers and Spurs both got better. The Spurs improvements were more than the Lakers improvements which is why it will be interesting. Artest may be a bit overrated but so is Ariza. Artest is a better basketball player than Ariza.

Last edited by maldoror; 07-31-09 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-31-09, 10:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

everyone expects worst case scenario Lakers vs best-case scenario Spurs. they say, Bynum will be injured, there will be chemistry issues, and Artest will implode. meanwhile, we expect all 3 of our core to be 100%, even with their recent injury issues, expect Pop to play all the young guys, and we expect every young guy (even freakin Haislip) to come in and be incredible contributors to put us over the top.

this makes no sense to me. expect a strong LA, and hope our team develops enough to beat the strong LA. if nothing else, they're the same team as last year, but with championship experience. they won 65 games, were clearly better than the rest of the league, and have the league MVP, all with a group of talent that is right in their prime. Odom is also the biggest matchup nightmare we have. they didn't need to upgrade huge when they're already well over the salary cap with a stacked team that much better than everyone else - it's up to the rest to catch up.
Old 07-31-09, 11:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Are the Lakers really better after the Odom siging?
Yes.
Old 07-31-09, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinswes View Post
everyone expects worst case scenario Lakers vs best-case scenario Spurs. they say, Bynum will be injured, there will be chemistry issues, and Artest will implode. meanwhile, we expect all 3 of our core to be 100%, even with their recent injury issues, expect Pop to play all the young guys, and we expect every young guy (even freakin Haislip) to come in and be incredible contributors to put us over the top.

this makes no sense to me. expect a strong LA, and hope our team develops enough to beat the strong LA. if nothing else, they're the same team as last year, but with championship experience. they won 65 games, were clearly better than the rest of the league, and have the league MVP, all with a group of talent that is right in their prime. Odom is also the biggest matchup nightmare we have. they didn't need to upgrade huge when they're already well over the salary cap with a stacked team that much better than everyone else - it's up to the rest to catch up.
We have a winner!! The unknown affect of Artest's attitude on the Lakers is the same unknown the Spurs face with the health of both Manu and Tim. The Spurs got better with their signings and the Lakers got better by retaining their championship team and swapping out Ariza for Artest. No one can argue that Ariza is better than Artest. People argue the unknowns/intangibles and I contend the unknowns for each team can have a detrimental effect on how each team finishes the 2010 season.
Old 07-31-09, 11:31 AM
FrenchConnection

It is going to be hard to beat the Lakers. Artest will be under control with Phil. Let's hope that RJ and the new guys can make the Spurs better.
Old 07-31-09, 12:04 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

If the core 3 for the Spurs can remain healthy, I see the Spurs winning the championship. Was that clear enough?

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 07-31-09, 12:05 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Guilty as charged.

I agree with you 100%, I want the lakers to be the lakers so we can gauge our progress this season. We formatted this team with the expressed intent of matching the lakers and hopefully beating them.

To the question, This team is as strong as they were last year, which was pretty dominant. Odom is a very good player and he gives many teams fits. So yes, the answer is yes.
Old 07-31-09, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
The Lakers and Spurs both got better. The Spurs improvements were more than the Lakers improvements which is why it will be interesting. Artest may be a bit overrated but so is Ariza. Artest is a better basketball player than Ariza.

We must remember, the Lakers are the champs...they didn't necessarily have to make any improvements. All they had to do was keep their championship team in tact and they have. They even added Ron Artest. Is it going to necessarily improve their team? Who knows. We all know that on paper any team can look dangerous. Just look at last years Dallas Cowboys team. Yeah, I know it's a different sport, but you get the idea. Team dynamics are decided on the court and throughout the course of the season. This off season really wasn't much of a bust for the Lakers. Yes they lost Ariza and his hustle, but they gained a proven player in Artest. Not much of a gamble for the Lakers, Artest's upside is tremendous, but if he ends up becoming a T.O., they can bench him and still be competitive.

As for the Spurs, we needed an offseason overhaul just to make up for a team that was kept in tact for one year too many. I'm excited about next season. With RJ and McDyess, we definitely have improved our standing in the offseason. Here's hoping for a healthy big 3 and another exciting season!!!

Old 07-31-09, 12:41 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

His returning doesn't make them 'better' than they were last year. They're the same team, they are probably better off than they would have been if he had left, but his resigning just keeps the status quo. I wonder how hungry they're going to be after winning it all. I know Kobe will be driven because he wants his fifth before Shaq or Tim get theirs, but the others, I'm not so sure.

Artest will be driven, but he's nuttier than a fruitcake, so how well he holds up remains to be seen.

I know the Spurs are 'better' than last year with the additions they've made, I personally believe that it will come down to the Spurs, the Nuggets and the Lakers at the end.....and of course, the Spurs come out on top...
Old 07-31-09, 12:58 PM

Odom played out of his mind last year, it was a contract year. maybe he goes Vujacic on the Lakers
Old 07-31-09, 01:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yes.. the Lakers are better with Odom.

Yes the Spurs got better regarding RJ and role players (bench).

As far as if the Spurs can match up (beat) the Lakers?...I have to be optomistic they will.

They'll (the Spurs) will have better opportunities to beat LA since the Spurs have (on paper) gotten better and younger where as the Lakers have remained par compared to last year...which is pretty good considering LA won the championship.

LA didn't need to get better...they just needed to keep the core that got them there. Odom's signing accomplished that and as much as people would want to hope Artest has a melt down...he's still a premier player in the league regardless.
Old 07-31-09, 02:09 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Yes, they are better. Will they be good enough to win it again? On paper, they are.

With Artest and Odom on that team, their ceiling just got higher and their floor just got lower.

In other words, they are capable of being better than last year or worse than they've been since Gasol arrived. Over the course of a season it will average out to where they are still a fantastic team regardless, but in a playoff series they could either knock out a great team like the Spurs or Nuggets in 5 games or get bounced in 5-6 games.
Old 07-31-09, 02:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The rotation of Bynum, Gasol, Odom is unmatched in the league. So in that respect Odom was vital to their repeat quest. By the same token I truly believe the Artest move is a wash from the standpoint of making them better. Is he a better player than Ariza? I believe he is, but is on the way down and Ariza on the way up. Does he make them a better team? I don't really think he does. The small forward in the triangle is not a position that gets a lot run for it. Artest has a tendency to look for his first before moving the ball. This won't fit very well in the triangle offense and IMO will reduce it's effectiveness. I think the Lakers will average 2 to 3 points per game less this year than last. On the defensive side the strength of the Lakers is their interior defense. When you are constantly rotating 3 7 footers that makes it very difficult for teams to score inside. Ariza's strength was as a perimeter defender--just what the Lakers needed. Artest's perimeter skills are deteriorating. Laker's defense may give up slighty more because of this. Last year the Laker point differential was 7.65. I expect it to be closer to 5 this year which is still better than SA was last year at 3.75. Although I do expect it to improve for the Spurs this year.
Old 07-31-09, 02:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

My fellow Spurs fans....let's stop.

the Lakers were the best team last season hands down.

They followed that up with Arizia for Artest? Artest was the best Free Agent on the market this offseason. If Lamar doesn't come back, the Lakers' bench would have been severely weak...now, they return the same bench...with Artest in the starting lineup. I am sure we would all be gushing if we had Artest here. Lakers won the off season so far and if (a big IF) Artest can play without any headaches, the Lakers should be considered the team to beat. Hands down.
Old 07-31-09, 04:11 PM

It's not as simple as saying that Artest is better than Ariza and they have Odom back.

Artest is a wild card. He is used to being the #1 option on mediocre teams. He has yet to need to defer to anyone, let alone actually do it and win.

It is a no-brainer that they are better with Odom than without, but it's worth considering that both Odom and Artest are mentally fragile and this experiment could get them 70 wins and another title or 55 and a 2nd round exit.

It's not easy to keep up the motivation when you've already got the title. Odom was a hard guy to keep motivated anyway. I get that Artest is his buddy and he wants to win for him, but come on. It's a hundred game season. I'm not sure if that takes a sweet tooth ADD dude the whole way to a title.

Plus Fisher will be one year older. Bynum is another wild card with his injury history.

So as far as Odom making this team better, yeah, he does. Better than not having him. But are they better than last year? Only on paper so far.

Same as the Spurs, though. Let's keep that in mind. It's all on paper at this point.
Old 07-31-09, 04:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think the Lakers will be slightly better than last year. FIrst of all I think Ariza was better for the Lakers against us than Artest (he guarded Parker really well). But there are 3 players who played like crap last year in the playoffs for them who I expect to do better. Bynum, Farmar, and Vujacic. Its a good thing that we are much better than we were last year but they are still the favorites.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 07-31-09, 04:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The most important part of adding Artest was the Lakers now have someone that can effectively guard the big scoring small forwards that have given the Lakers so much trouble because of their size and strength - guys in the mold of Pierce, Carmelo, Lebron. Artest gives the Lakers a dimension they have not had. Ariza's strength was not his one on one defense and Artest can lock people down in a way Ariza could only dream about. The Lakers defense moved up a notch with this addition. Artest will be to the Lakers defense what Bowen was to the Spurs defense. Artest can also create his own shot which is icing on the cake. Ariza was strictly a guy who fed off of others abilities on the offensive end. You couldn't put the ball in Ariza's hands and ask him to make something happen. Artest is also a better 3 pt shooter. It's a pretty big upgrade.

Last edited by maldoror; 07-31-09 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-31-09, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Rulez View Post
My fellow Spurs fans....let's stop.

the Lakers were the best team last season hands down.

They followed that up with Arizia for Artest? Artest was the best Free Agent on the market this offseason. If Lamar doesn't come back, the Lakers' bench would have been severely weak...now, they return the same bench...with Artest in the starting lineup. I am sure we would all be gushing if we had Artest here. Lakers won the off season so far and if (a big IF) Artest can play without any headaches, the Lakers should be considered the team to beat. Hands down.
I like it, a good argument. It makes me think: what would we be saying about Bonner if he didn't play for us?
Old 07-31-09, 04:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
We have a winner!! The unknown affect of Artest's attitude on the Lakers is the same unknown the Spurs face with the health of both Manu and Tim. The Spurs got better with their signings and the Lakers got better by retaining their championship team and swapping out Ariza for Artest. No one can argue that Ariza is better than Artest. People argue the unknowns/intangibles and I contend the unknowns for each team can have a detrimental effect on how each team finishes the 2010 season.
I can argue that.
I watched Artest in Houston last year. His on-ball defense is average at best. Against quicker players, it's gone. He can out-muscle some, but the list is smaller than most think.
His offense is the butter of talk radio.
1. Start the game with bad, off balance, out of offensive flow shot. Watch it miss badly.
2. Make up for early mistake by taking more, out of flow shots.
3. Wait for substitutions where Artest is expected to be the main scorer. Throw up any and every shot, regardless of other's position or probability of success.
4. Repeat.
5. Ignore preachings of coach. Wait for next game.
6. Start at #1.

He's physical. He can body up large small forwards. If he has to guard the 4, Duncan would eat him up.
Quick players aren't affected. Someone else will be defending them.
He appears to be more impressed with his abilities than others. Especially when talking in the third person.
The others actually grade him on performance.

I don't do team by team analysis, because I have a life. But given the lakers front line, he seems to be a great addition to the depth. As for backcourt defense, he's a liability. If LA needs him to guard anyone quicker than molasses, that's good for SA.
Old 07-31-09, 05:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
I can argue that.
I watched Artest in Houston last year. His on-ball defense is average at best. Against quicker players, it's gone. He can out-muscle some, but the list is smaller than most think.
1. Start the game with bad, off balance, out of offensive flow shot. Watch it miss badly.
3. Wait for substitutions where Artest is expected to be the main scorer. Throw up any and every shot, regardless of other's position or probability of success.
4. Repeat.
6. Start at #1.

He's physical. He can body up large small forwards. If he has to guard the 4, Duncan would eat him up.
He appears to be more impressed with his abilities than others. Especially when talking in the third person.

I don't do team by team analysis, because I have a life. But given the lakers front line, he seems to be a great addition to the depth. As for backcourt defense, he's a liability. If LA needs him to guard anyone quicker than molasses, that's good for SA.
I think over the last few years Artests D has been over rated. His O? well you have described it pretty well.
Even in 06, it was commented that the Kings offense was much better in the game he missed against the Spurs.
That said the Lakers are champs and are the team to beat. The Spurs have a lot of question marks. I f answered I like their chances.
Old 07-31-09, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I can argue that.
4. Repeat.
6. Start at #1.

Actually no, you didn't argue it because you didn't lay out each player's strengths and weaknesses.

To propose Ariza is a better player that Artest is nothing more than wishing thinking.

It's not that there is not an element of truth to some of this but you took any possible crimps in Artest's game and magnified them 10 times what they really are. We could come up with a similar list about Kobe and Shaq too and they only have 4 rings. Artest is much more of a positive force for a team than a negative one. Remember, the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 games with no Yao and no McGrady and Artest the best player left.

Last edited by maldoror; 07-31-09 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-31-09, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneAg54 View Post
I like it, a good argument. It makes me think: what would we be saying about Bonner if he didn't play for us?
we'd be saying "dang we're so lucky not to have him"
Old 07-31-09, 08:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

C'mon people!
The fakers this, celtics that, ponies this and that!!!
If there's anything to worry about, it's how quick the new players learn the system and will Pop let them play!!
Barring injuries, which we all know can happen to ANYONE, I certainly like our chances!!
Old 07-31-09, 09:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Artest makes the Lakers better if only because it keeps Kobe from having to guard the other team's best perimeter player down the stretch. Watching Kobe wrestle Melo, LeBron, Gerald Wallace, Pierce, etc., was frightening. Ariza had a great attitude but was too lite in the wallet to guard physical players.
Old 07-31-09, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Laker View Post
Artest makes the Lakers better if only because it keeps Kobe from having to guard the other team's best perimeter player down the stretch. Watching Kobe wrestle Melo, LeBron, Gerald Wallace, Pierce, etc., was frightening. Ariza had a great attitude but was too lite in the wallet to guard physical players.
It's a tradeoff. Ariza could guard quicker guys, Artest the more physical ones. Teams with quick PG's will still give the Lakers trouble, because you don't have a long defender you can put on them (unless you want Kobe to do that, not likely). That of course is mitigated by the length of Gasol/Bynum inside.
Old 07-31-09, 11:05 PM

Quote:
To propose Ariza is a better player that Artest is nothing more than wishing thinking.
Is Ariza a more productive player? Certainly not. Better fit for the Lakers? Possibly.

That's the issue.
Old 08-01-09, 12:02 AM
6-Time Pokemaster

I dunno but Odom must have reallllllly LOW self esteem/ BIG insecurity issues. To return to a team that PULLED their offer for you of the table and now is paying you less $$$ to be the #4 maybe #5 best guy; whereas you had the Miami Heat who actually wanted you and could pay you about the same the Lakers are. My respect level for him has dropped significantly.
Old 08-01-09, 03:51 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Ariza played well against the Chris Pauls and Tony Parkers, etc.

Ron Artest will just see their blurs. Odom will keep the spine in Gasol and cover Bynum's inconsistencies which is a shame. Good news is, they still will have a target on their backs all season long by all the NBA teams wanting to knock of the champs which hurts more than it helps in the regular season. You lose 2-3 games as a defending champs said an article years ago by extraordinary competition other teams put out. After all no team rides their rep more than the Los Angeles Lakers. Ask Charlotte.
Old 08-01-09, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Without Odom, you guys worry me. With Odom, not so much.
Old 08-01-09, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Artest for Ariza is an improvement.
Old 08-01-09, 01:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

As long as Artest doesn't go too crazy, then yes.
Old 08-02-09, 12:59 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer View Post
I dunno but Odom must have reallllllly LOW self esteem/ BIG insecurity issues. To return to a team that PULLED their offer for you of the table and now is paying you less $$$ to be the #4 maybe #5 best guy; whereas you had the Miami Heat who actually wanted you and could pay you about the same the Lakers are. My respect level for him has dropped significantly.
He took the deal because he wanted to be back. All of the Miami stuff was just fodder for negotiations. Odom never wanted to go to Miami. Why shouldn't he do what makes him happy? He'd rather be a #4 guy on a championship team than a #2 guy on a team that loses in the first round. Odom wants to win and he has a long standing relationship with his coach and current teammates. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by maldoror; 08-02-09 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-02-09, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Is Ariza a more productive player? Certainly not. Better fit for the Lakers? Possibly.

That's the issue.
There's no reason to think Artest won't fit in as well or better than Ariza until we see him play on the Lakers. Ariza had a bad rep before he came to the Lakers, that's why he was dumped, and he did just fine. What we do know for a fact is that Artest is a better basketball player than Ariza.
Old 08-02-09, 02:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Well...I think Odom is planning on being with the Lakers for more than 3 seasons.

Back with Lakers, Odom ready to win more titles - ESPN

6, 7, 8, 9 maybe 10 championships in a row?...
Old 08-02-09, 05:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Actually no, you didn't argue it because you didn't lay out each player's strengths and weaknesses.

It's not that there is not an element of truth to some of this but you took any possible crimps in Artest's game and magnified them 10 times what they really are. We could come up with a similar list about Kobe and Shaq too and they only have 4 rings. Artest is much more of a positive force for a team than a negative one. Remember, the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 games with no Yao and no McGrady and Artest the best player left.
I think I mentioned that I don't do a team by team analysis. I don't know enough about Ariza at this point to offer a strength/weakness analysis. What I do know is that he has been called an integral part of LA's championship. Artest has never been that. And he was, at best, an inconsistent player for Houston.
I do know that the Houston organization thinks that Ariza is a better team player than Artest. Ron Ron wasn't given the option of continuing his career in Houston. He was brought in for a season, thinking he might be the missing piece. He wasn't. And I did not magnify his 'crimps' 10 times. He's a bigger version of Rafer Alston. Or TinMac of >2007. His 4 for 9 3-point shooting one night will be offset by 3 nights 2-11.
And to say that his 38% FG (28% from 3-point range and 60% from the charity stripe) against LA in the playoffs was the reason the series went 7 games is silly. In fact, it's noted in Houston that they went as far as they did in spite of Artest.
And Yao Ming did play in 3 of the games vs LA. So it wasn't Artest vs the lakers.
Old 08-02-09, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
There's no reason to think Artest won't fit in as well or better than Ariza until we see him play on the Lakers. Ariza had a bad rep before he came to the Lakers, that's why he was dumped, and he did just fine. What we do know for a fact is that Artest is a better basketball player than Ariza.
I don't think we KNOW this. And it's certainly not a fact. At best, it's an opinion.

The Rocket FO certainly doesn't think this. After living with Artest for a year, the FO didn't bother to offer Artest any contract.
Old 08-03-09, 08:45 AM

wow....I didn't know that this subject would get such a big response from people.......one would think that the Spurs fans really don't like the Lakers
Old 08-03-09, 11:48 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I don't think we KNOW this. And it's certainly not a fact. At best, it's an opinion.
Anyone who thinks Ariza has more basketball skills than Artest is in severe denial.

The Rockets offered Artest a one year deal because they want to see what happens with Yao's injury. If his career is over it makes much more sense to re-build the team with younger players. If Yao was healthy and the Rockets were on the verge of a championship they would have offered Artest a muti-year deal. The Rockets want to see what happens with Yao before committing to a 30 year old player for multiple years.
Old 08-03-09, 12:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Anyone who thinks Ariza has more basketball skills than Artest is in severe denial.

The Rockets offered Artest a one year deal because they want to see what happens with Yao's injury. If his career is over it makes much more sense to re-build the team with younger players. If Yao was healthy and the Rockets were on the verge of a championship they would have offered Artest a muti-year deal. The Rockets want to see what happens with Yao before committing to a 30 year old player for multiple years.
Artest is better but I don't think he's a better fit than Ariza on a contender. Ariza strikes me as a glue guy (does all the little things like Battier). Ariza is also more athletic and has become a better shooter than Artest. When the Spurs played the Lakers, I feared leaving him open on the perimeter and I hated when he guarded Parker. I don't get that same feeling with Artest. Artest is a shot happy player who has a tendency to overlook others for his own shot. Overall, I think the Lakers are about the same as last year if we just consider the replacement of Ariza by Artest but not as good against the Spurs as they would have been last year.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 08-03-09, 12:49 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:

Dude, the only reason you are defending Artest is because he is a Laker now. If the Lakers would have traded Ariza for Raef Lafrenz, you would be talking about how much better Raef is than Ariza. You are definitely good at prasing all things Lakers. You have found your calling.

Maldoror = Jack Nickelson

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 08-03-09, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

The Rockets never offered Artest a deal after he became a free agent. They did not want him back after the '08-'09 season.

Don't let those facts get in the way of your proclamations.