News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-09, 05:54 AM
SpursReport Rookie

URGENT: Send a message to Bouroussis via his website (link provided)

Fellow Spurs fans,

This is our chance to "do our bit" and maybe influence his decision. Let's all send a direct message to Yannis and show how much we want him to join the Spurs - I have just sent my message!

The link is:

Yiannis Bourousis - ???????????

There are 3 fields to fill before the body of the message:

1.) Your Name
2.) Your email Address
3.) Message subject

GO SPURS GO
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-09, 09:50 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Will he understand it written in English?

Also, I'd love to write him a message, but I haven't really seen him play so I don't want to come off as someone that doesn't know his game.

Do you think he would help the Spurs, Vangelis? Is he a tough hardnosed player that won't take any sh%t ?

How do you think his defense would translate to the NBA? That, to me is the biggest factor. I want the Spurs to focus on defense and to play Spurs basketball again by locking down the opposition.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-09, 10:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

did my part
Old 06-11-09, 11:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I have too
Old 06-11-09, 11:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I sent him a lengthy one as well with the mention of pop, timmy, parker and ginobli
Old 06-11-09, 12:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Ice009,he will definitely understand English.

You don't need to make comments about his game, IMO showing that we would welcome him to the Spurs would suffice.

To answer some of your points, Bouroussis is the emotional leader of Olympiakos, and possesses a "Manu-like" aggressive attitude, passion and desire to win. He definitely does not take any s**t from anyone. For me this is as important as his actual game.

There is no doubt that he will need a lot of work to assimilate his game & skills/potential to the NBA style of play... but I think he has the energy required and the body to play good defense in the NBA - he is a superb rebounder and a "natural" shotblocker. All in all, we are talking about a skilled 7-footer, with a strong body and high basketball IQ who is only 25 years old. The upside of playing next to Timmy and under the guidance of Pop is enormous...
Old 06-11-09, 12:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

mark me as "sent"!
Old 06-11-09, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I did my part!
Old 06-11-09, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Bouroussis remains one of the most productive big men in European basketball on a per-minute basis, he’s averaging 23 points and 13 rebounds per-40 pace adjusted on 59% shooting from the field. He’s not particularly athletic, but has a massive frame which he uses to draw fouls at a terrific rate, and is a threat to score with his back to the basket, shooting jumpers from outside, or finishing pick and roll plays in the lane thanks to his excellent hands. He’s also an excellent rebounder, particularly on the offensive end. Talk out of Greece is that he’s interested in exploring his NBA options this summer, and as we’ve written on a few occasions in the past, he could be a very interesting free agent target for certain teams. We’ll be taking an in-depth look at him this weekend, and may try to pick his brain as well.

He doesn't sound too bad to me. I will do my part.
Old 06-11-09, 05:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I did my part!
Me too!
Old 06-11-09, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

cant hurt us. why not? did my part!
Old 06-11-09, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Me too!
Old 06-13-09, 04:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Keep it going guys!!

According to the Greek press, things are looking positive at the moment. It would definitely have an impact on me if I was Bouroussis and my inbox was inundated with messages from Spurs fans. There is nothing like feeling wanted and there is nothing more flattering than having a top quality organisation like the Spurs with the BEST fans in the NBA showing an interest in you.
Old 06-13-09, 09:21 AM
SR Team Goof

I sent my invite. With all of our messages, the ball will soon transfer to Pop and RC's hands to do their magic to bring Yiannis to SA.
Old 06-13-09, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

That website was Greek to me.

Once upon a time, giants ruled the earth....
Old 06-14-09, 04:09 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Greek daily sports newspaper "Protathlitis" mentions in today's edition that "...Spurs fans are sending messages to Bouroussis via his personal website... in an attempt to lure him to San Antonio..."!!!

I guess we can only do our best and hope that this story ends well for the Spurs!