Top 10 Most Hated NBA Players
click the link for bad photoshops of these players as comic book villians.
10. Zach Randolph. All kinds of double double talent but his behavior was despised in Portland. His attitude and off the court antics landed him in New York for small returns. Now he finds himself playing only for money and his Hoops Family in Clipperland.
9. Paul Pierce. Perennial loser in Boston until Danny Ainge made a deal with the Devil to bring in Allen and Garnett. From chirping at opponents to an overly cocky demeanor Paul Pierce is easy to hate. Don from With Malice summed it up best with this, "I mean... a wheelchair?"
8. Manu Ginobili. Manu represents all of the Euro transplants who defy gravity with their ridiculous flopping abilities and their incessant complaining. We've all grown to hate him over the years as the Spurs won NBA titles. If only the league would crack down on soccer style antics, what would Ginobili do?
7. Kevin Garnett. For years KG took pity from NBA fans who saw his situation in Minnesota as a dead end. After Danny Ainge lost out on a top pick in the 2007 draft he quickly went to work and acquired KG. Soon enough Garnett became a bully in Boston. The yelling and taunting was now just over the top. Then after the championship things really got out of hand. Just ask Jerryd Bayless or Jose Calderon.
6. Carlos Boozer. After a shady exit from Cleveland a few years back, and talk of him being a malcontent in Utah, it's no wonder so many people dislike Boozer. Perhaps Boozer is just a scapegoat for Jazz haters. Either way there is a feeling that nobody seems to like this guy. Is it the Duke Alumni thing?
5. Ricky Davis. Extremely easy guy to hate here. First and foremost, by purposely clanking it off your own hoop? Maybe for me as a Blazer fan it was him calling our players cockroaches. Well congratulations Ricky "The Rat" Davis, you made it in the top 5.
4. Bruce Bowen. Another player who is hated for his rings just as much as his style of play. Bowen made a living off of physical frustrating defense. Many of us hate him for his complaining and association with the dreaded Spurs. I seem to recall quite a few dirty plays as well, like a or anything else he could muster up without the referees seeing.
3. Stephon Marbury. Stephon freaking Marbury. A basketball cancer at its highest level. No matter where he goes the team fails. Is it because he's the ultimate me-first guy? Maybe it was the smugness he exuded on the sideline in New York as he ran a coach out of town and destroyed a franchise. The best part? He's on the Celtics now, even more reason to dislike this guy.
2. Shaquille O'Neal. The big Aristotle may be loved by some but he is despised by so many others. His antics can be deemed as funny and disrespectful at the same time. His parting in LA left Jonathon of The Lakers Nation to share, "What can I say? the man has burnt a lot of bridges." So LA, Miami, and many of his opponents don't like him. Perhaps this is where Shaq would say, Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me?
1. Kobe Bryant. Our number one most hated NBA player. His talent is unquestionable, but with that talent he's brought the cocky attitude that many have grown to hate. He also somehow has spawned a legion of annoying Kobe fans who litter NBA arenas with their homemade T-shirts and blasphemous personas. Of course there was also the trials in Colorado which forever tarnished his image. What ever the case may be, Kobe is hated by many and loved by few.
Also receiving votes but missing out on the top 10 included; Matt Harpring, Sasha Vujacic, Kendrick Perkins, & JR Smith.
I don't like cocky people. But as experienced as I am in competitive activities, a "cocky", or self-assured attitude is almost imperative in order to be the best at something. Its just too bad when that attitude carries over to other parts of life. Just because you're better at one thing than everyone else, doesn't make you better at everything.
When the Spurs lose...it makes Baby Jesus cry
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
First off, reading between the lines to me seems that blazer fan is jealous of the Spurs' success. Not since the big redhead from San Diego brought them a title in '77 has portland even been in the finals.
Bruce being on this list is a testament to his give up nothing easy on defense philosophy. I feel this is northwest region spillover from the ray allen incidents. I am sure that brandon roy will take no pleasure with having bruce on him should they meet in the playoffs. roy and his teammates will soon learn that there is a whole other gear in Bruce and the Spurs as well... Think you hate him NOW blazer fan?
As for Manu, the thing that bothers me is this flopping label given to players from Europe. The refs need to look at the game and NOT CALL flop fouls. If a player flops, he leaves his man wide open for a score or a pass leading to a score. If there was no foul awarded, flops would happen far less. The perception is that Ginobili flops, but is that the reality? What if he takes a high number of "actual" charges?
By the way, does anyone consider Parker a flopper?
Props to two Spurs making this top 10 list. If it were up to the network execs, the Spurs wouldn't make the top 10 list to anything... Yet, they fear even now that the Spurs being in the Finals is more than a real possiblity....
NO NEED TO RUSH
Cutters are coming
Screens are being set
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG
I AM NINJA!
“We will either find a way, or make one.”
I think we should make our own top ten list...
10. Renaldo Balkman - Renaldo was picked for more of a list finisher. But still don't like him and I don't like looking at him.
9. Mikki Moore - Mikki just pisses me off. I don't exactly know what it is. But, I hate him. He drives me nutsack.
8. Eduardo Najera - I have always hated Ed. Maybe it's his energy. I don't know.
7. Ray Allen - Self Explanatory.
6. Dirk Nowitzki - He looks like a goat.
5. Kenyon Martin - ALWAYS HAVE HAD PURE HATRED FOR THAT GUY.
4. Matt Barnes - Dislike everything about him. His body is a waste of ink.
3. Derek Fisher - Self Explanatory.
2. Chris Paul - He is a great player. But his flopping is downright outrageous. Especially when he screwed Bruce out of his 500 game streak record. If he would shut his mouth and just play I would have no problems with him.
1. Jason Terry - I dislike this guy more than I any person or player I have ever met or witnessed. I would rather be in a room with Bobcat Goldwaith and Gilbert Godfried for a week straight than us play Dallas just because that guy is on the team...screw him...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/69710-random-blog-nbas-10-most-hated-players-2-spurs.html
|Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback - SpursReport.com||This thread||Refback||03-16-09 05:40 PM|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|