Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-09, 09:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Lakers vs ... Boston or Cavs?

i think Cavs win it this year.

Lakers vs Cavs, Kobe vs Bron

Bron Triumphant... and the era begins
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-09, 09:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I've seen so many SPURS game since 1989.. The only SPURS team that I was confident who can come back from a 20-pt deficit is the 1999 Championship team.. That's why I knew that this game was over with 5 minutes remaining.
Old 03-12-09, 09:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

TO's, missed FT's and rebounds made the difference.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-09, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

i'm gonna break it down simple.
Drew Gooden lost this game for us...
Old 03-12-09, 09:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

i miss the first qtr...

why?

4 rebounds in 3 minutes, 1/1 fg looks good to me
Old 03-12-09, 09:54 PM
Dr. Dash

Quote:
Old 03-12-09, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

man.. Kobe is sooo good, he makes the freakin no name players on the court look like all-stars.... while he's in the bench. who the f*#@ is powell?

Kobe One. The Legend of 24. he's so good, that he freakin NEW when the time had come, and had the awareness to change his # to mark his emergence to the neXt level, the echelon unknown to humans... being the ONE.

Kobe: The Legend of 8
Kobe II: The Legend of 24, The Beginning of the End...of the NBA teams not named Lakers
Old 03-12-09, 09:58 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
What the hell? How? Did he let them get 35 in the first? That lost it.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-12-09, 09:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
why? WTF... b/c i'm into gibberish... i am in delerium... the loss has sent me off the deep end.... i no longer have control of my thoughts... what happeded???? why???? whats this stinging pain i have.... like being thrown into a pool of acid... like being stung by a hive of bees... anaphylactic shock.... ahhhhh
Old 03-12-09, 10:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
i miss the first qtr...

why?

I think he's being sarcastic...

On another note, did Matt Bonner lose his nuts a couple weeks ago because he has all but disappeared lately.
Old 03-12-09, 10:02 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
What the hell? How? Did he let them get 35 in the first? That lost it.
i'm being stupid yo...

yeah, the 35 point showtime was a disaster.

i think maybe KT should start in place of Boner, as much as i love Boner... he seems to easily fade out sometimes... but when he's on he's on. its killin me. w/ the compilation of players we have, we should be able to make up for off nights...

how can we give up 35! are they THAT good? their record says yes, i guess. Kobe 24....
Old 03-12-09, 10:04 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc n Dave View Post
I think he's being sarcastic...

On another note, did Matt Bonner lose his nuts a couple weeks ago because he has all but disappeared lately.
haha. ... seriously man.. what the heck?
check in the grand prix matt, check the trunk, maybe?
Old 03-12-09, 10:07 PM
Dr. Dash

Quote:
why? WTF... b/c i'm into gibberish... i am in delerium... the loss has sent me off the deep end.... i no longer have control of my thoughts... what happeded???? why???? whats this stinging pain i have.... like being thrown into a pool of acid... like being stung by a hive of bees... anaphylactic shock.... ahhhhh
damn.
Old 03-12-09, 10:12 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
damn.
i found my epi pen. i'm ok... if anyone cares

seriously tho, that 4th quarter had some Hot Moments... TP's three pointer was bad 2the bone.
Old 03-12-09, 10:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
man.. Kobe is sooo good, he makes the freakin no name players on the court look like all-stars.... while he's in the bench. who the f*#@ is powell?

Kobe One. The Legend of 24. he's so good, that he freakin NEW when the time had come, and had the awareness to change his # to mark his emergence to the neXt level, the echelon unknown to humans... being the ONE.

Kobe: The Legend of 8
Kobe II: The Legend of 24, The Beginning of the End...of the NBA teams not named Lakers
You're beginning to sound like Doug Collins. LOL! The only thing left for Doug to do is to give Kobe a kiss.
Old 03-12-09, 10:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Doug Collins sounded as if he was just about to have the big O, especially when Kobe winked at him.
Old 03-12-09, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

hehe ok...

seriusly

thanks god i was unable to see the first qter... what i watch was a completly evenly game with short stretches of dominance fom one or other team... (the last 3 qters) oh well,

go spurs go!!
Old 03-12-09, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Honestly, I couldn't watch the game with Doug Collins commentating. His bias is just disgusting. I think I counted he said Kobe 12 times in 2 minutes during the 1st quarter. Sorry, Kobe's good and all, but my goodness, get off his jock!
Old 03-12-09, 11:54 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Too bad the Spurs starters could not show up in the first quarter. I was shocked and appalled by the amount of giving up from the Spurs starters in the first half. As if they did not believe they have a chance to beat this almighty team named lakers....

Sad. I thought that those Spurs were bunch of a D Leaguers from a totally different world, they were totally not our Spurs NBA team.....

Neither defensively nor offensively they were clicking, they were playing like total strangers and not as a TEAM!!!!

Then came the second half and Pop obviously told them THEY forgot to COMPETE

Spurs come up short after they dug the hole of course and could not make it.

Look the whole loss doesn't bother me, but hey THE FACT THAT SPURS DID NOT SHOW UP IN THE FIRST HALF really truly bother the Hell out of me.......

So much discombobulation between the Spurs hurts their chemistry. They must get tougher and play together whether Manu is their or not....

If they want to get ready for the PO they must try to play together as one team and have better communication on he court.

Tony said during the shootaround that they need Manu back when Pop is okay so they can get used to each other and get some sort of rhythm before the PO. It might be that Tony is right, but the importance of keeping Manu healthy is more than getting him in rhythm and the team chemistry just my own opinion.....

Pop kept being experimental tonight with the line up could be a good thing though, we know he only cares about those REAL GAMES those that start in the PO....So in Pop we trust.

Drew Gooden looked real good in the few minutes he played. Hope he is healthy enough to help in the next coming games and learn the system. Now this one needs to play more to learn...

Tim Duncan was a little too passive, I was wondering if his health is okay, I hope he is not going to be hiding something and all of the sudden tells Pop...Hope he shakes it off soon...

Bonner was playing very poorly..I hope he doesn't continue this Melting down anymore as the lights shine at him again when Pop starts him to give him confidence, that was a pathetic performance from him.

Fin and Thomas were fantastic, and Udoka and Mase and Oberto were not so bad.

FTL

Go Spurs Go
See you in the PO lakers, don't be so happy you won this sh!ty game, we will get you this coming PO time, we will be at full force and beat the Hell out of you at the Staple Ctr.

ps. Again and again and again and again OMG what an embarrassing Crowd...
It was a Sell out arena and the crowd were flat at the first half as the Spurs shots went as cold as the weather here which is 46 degrees with wind and light rain....HATE those Spurs fans who choose to be silent DEAD and never want to participate in the screaming loudly, but just want to spectate silently. Go Spurs Go.. Sorry I had to rant here.....
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!

Last edited by spurscrazed; 03-13-09 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-13-09, 01:48 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

hell yeah spurcrazed i agree... get overconfident and get ready to loose dear lakers... i think pop choose to hide what works better... and jsut test test and test...

btw, i was watching and when tim go to the line "boooooo" and i say WTF???????

thanks god i cant assist to the games real life.. for shure im gonna end kicking some banwagon a**es
Old 03-13-09, 02:06 AM
FrenchConnection

Well, not ready to beat the Lakers yet. Only a healthy Manu will give us a chance, not even put us over the edge, but give us a chance to compete otherwise it's over in 5 games.
Old 03-13-09, 02:58 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfred View Post
Well, not ready to beat the Lakers yet. Only a healthy Manu will give us a chance, not even put us over the edge, but give us a chance to compete otherwise it's over in 5 games.
Spurs need a consistent 3rd/4th scorer. They still don't have that. Bonner better find his shot or Mason better learn to balance out his big games with his small games because that won't cut it in a 7 game series with the Spurs.

I'm glad Pop is pushing Hill to develop a strong role. I'm a little bummed that Hariston is not likely going to see more time. I think he would have been at least worth a try.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 03-13-09, 03:24 AM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
Spurs need a consistent 3rd/4th scorer. They still don't have that. Bonner better find his shot or Mason better learn to balance out his big games with his small games because that won't cut it in a 7 game series with the Spurs.

I'm glad Pop is pushing Hill to develop a strong role. I'm a little bummed that Hariston is not likely going to see more time. I think he would have been at least worth a try.
I am hoping that Gooden can learn quickly because Gasol doesn't like stronger guys who defend him. Plus, a couple of rebounds that go our way instead of their way will definitively change the physionomy of the game.

The biggest problem is injury and with Tim and Manu getting older I have a feeling that it is going to become a yearly problem. I hope that they can take a rest before the playoffs but we are only two games ahead of the Hornets. Hopefully, we can have an easy first round and have it done in 4 games. Pop will have to rest TP also because right now he is the main scorer and we want him at full strenght for the playoffs.

You're right Mason is too inconsistent and now I know why he wasn't a starter with the Wizards.
Old 03-13-09, 06:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The game was over after the first quarter. Still great comeback, with less missed FT's and TO's the Spurs could have won the game.

The Spurs roster is very unbalanced, and it shows with rebounds. The Spurs also can't replace Manu as well as the Lakers have replaced Bynum.

The Lakers ended with +10 possessions. While the Spurs shot great from 3PT, it wasn't enough.

Kudos for Finley, hope he plays great in the playoffs too.
Old 03-13-09, 09:41 AM
SpursReport Rookie

meh. I'm disappointed, BUT, we won every quarter except for the horrendous first. Like Timmy said, you can't spot this team 18. The comeback was great to watch and I wink with Manu we would've won this game. Kobe is a KILLER. You just have to get in his face and pray that me misses those huge 3's.