News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-27-09, 04:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Hollinger Chat: You know the drill.

ESPN: Chat with John Hollinger - SportsNation

Tony Parker: John, I thought you would show me some love after I single-handedly annihilated both the Mavs and the Blazers on back-to-back nights!

John Hollinger: Scuze moi? Check out the Per Diem from the past two days. Parker, when he was on the court, produced more points than the opponent's entire team in two consecutive games. I can't remember the last time that happened once, let alone on a back-to-back.

Adam (Seattle): You think the Jazz could beat the Spurs in a seven game series when both teams are fully healthy?

John Hollinger: Yes, I do, although I'm not sure that's how I'd bet. That's what makes these final 25 or so games so interesting -- Jazz are one of the few teams in the pack with a real chance of scaring the elite teams.

Jeremy (Los Angeles): Any way to convince Bosh to come to San Antonio in 2010 and be to Duncan what Duncan was to Robinson?

John Hollinger: Bosh is from Texas, so that would have to work in their favor -- but seemingly moreso for the Mavs since he's a Dallas guy. Personally, I'd want to see Bosh get through a season in one piece before I offered him a max deal for half a decade.

Tim Duncan (SA): How is it that we beat the Blazers last night (ranked 6 in your rankings) by 15 and Orlando beat NY by 5, yet Orlando jumped ahead of us in your power rankings?????????

John Hollinger: Occasionally that will happen because an even better (or worse) result is taken off a team's "last 25%" games. It's the one pitfall of weighing recent games more heavily.
Old 02-27-09, 06:00 PM
Dr. Dash

@ Tony and Tim.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-09, 07:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hollinger's formulas are completely off. He has the Celtics ranked #1 although they have lost more games than the Cavs and Lakers and and says the Lakers have only an 18% chance of winning a championship while ignoring head to head and each team's record against +.500 teams.

Records Against +.500 teams
Lakers - 30 (24-6; 80.0%)
Celtics - 24 (16-8; 66.7%)
Cavs - 19 (12-7; 63.2%)

Lakers v. Cavs: 2-0
Lakers v. Celts: 2-0
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!