News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-07, 05:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Throwback: Top 10 Rookie Plays of 1997-98

I got bored and I saw this on youtube. Seriously, Duncan was so effing sick early in his career. He just hurt everybody's feelings with some of these nasty dunks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-07, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ha, TD with 3 of the top 10 rookie dunks of the year...very cool find. The one dunk were he throws the ball off the back board and goes over Kevin Willis for the dunk! Very NIICE!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-07, 05:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't think he ever dunked the same after his third year injury. But he hasn't really needed too.
Old 02-27-07, 05:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

just goes to show you that timmy is a certain hall of famer..besides billups..none of the other guys really had a great career or were as dominant as timmy..
Old 02-27-07, 06:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
just goes to show you that timmy is a certain hall of famer..besides billups..none of the other guys really had a great career or were as dominant as timmy..
2 points, i don't think billups is as dominant as TD, also, I would say TMac has had a decent career
Old 02-27-07, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Who was in that rookie class again?
Old 02-27-07, 07:11 PM
MomBear

Schick Rookie of the year... TIM FREAKING DUNCAN...
Old 02-27-07, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Man..Tim Thomas and Ron Mercer had some sick dunks.
Old 02-27-07, 07:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i'll never forget rick pitino saying we should trade the #1 for boston's #3 and #5 b/c we already had david lol

-Bruce Bowen
Old 02-27-07, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

damn, and inbounds play that was an alley-oop for timmy! he hasn't had to maintain those ups, considering he gained weight and plays smart, but damn that was awesome! also, looking at that play compared to dwight howard's alley oop reminds me just how special of an athlete that kid is. what are they feeding kids today anyways?
Old 02-27-07, 08:13 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Timmy threw it off the backboard to himself?!?!

My whole concept of reality is crumbling.
Old 02-27-07, 08:24 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Guess who has #7 and #3 of the 2003 NBA top 10 rookie plays of year

Last edited by Eddy from Austin; 02-27-07 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-27-07, 09:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

GREAT FIND
Old 02-27-07, 09:16 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChillFactor View Post
i'll never forget rick pitino saying we should trade the #1 for boston's #3 and #5 b/c we already had david lol

Yep and then the Spurs have three rings less as we speak Mercer and Billups were picked? Billups is good, but Tony is here now and helping Tim out and Mercer is where? GLAD they never made that one. Rick tried to out CIA Pop with that move there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 02-27-07, 09:28 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Guess who has #7 and #3 of the 2003 NBA top 10 rookie plays of year

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UB0cA93oU64

that was cool...
Old 02-27-07, 09:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

my goodness tim duncan... how about the tim thomas and ron mercer dunks?
Old 02-27-07, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Yep and then the Spurs have three rings less as we speak Mercer and Billups were picked? Billups is good, but Tony is here now and helping Tim out and Mercer is where? GLAD they never made that one. Rick tried to out CIA Pop with that move there.
made me think, at least billups worked his butt off to get to where he is. how about tim thomas and van horn? talk about underachievers...
Old 02-28-07, 12:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Oh man I remember that alley oop play. that was freakin awesome.

And the reverse by Manu vs LA
Old 02-28-07, 12:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChillFactor View Post

It wasn't just Pitino.

JT the Brick said the exact same thing. He was pretty fresh into his national gig, and he spent most of the lotto selection night talking about how if he were the Spurs he would trade it for the #3 and #6.