SpursReport.com
Old 02-26-07, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

More Pippen Talk in Lakerville

More Pippen talk:

Pippen still on Lakers' radar
February 26
Los Angeles Times

"Scottie Pippen continues to roam the periphery of the Lakers' radar, although there doesn't seem to be a dramatic sense of urgency to get to him."

More Pippen Talk
Riverside Press Enterprise

" They won six NBA championships together with the Chicago Bulls during the '90s, so it isn't surprising that Lakers coach Phil Jackson has interest in Scottie Pippen."

Jackson to chat with Pippen
Los Angeles Daily News:

"Once the Lakers return from this trip, Jackson plans on contacting Scottie Pippen, who has said he wants to make a comeback at age 41."

Will Lakers sign Pippen?
Orange County Register

"Jackson said he plans to contact Scottie Pippen at some point this week to discuss the Lakers, although Jackson understands Pippen is prioritizing teams with better records."

Just a sample of some of the headlines...

Scottie Pippen continues to roam the periphery of the Lakers' radar, although there doesn't seem to be a dramatic sense of urgency to get to him.

"I'll probably do that when I get back after this weekend," Jackson said Sunday. "I'm sure there are other people out there that have needs like ours with their injuries and they know his experience. I know that he's looking to help a team that's a winning team. He didn't mention us [yet] but mentioned some teams that were poised to make a playoff run. I haven't heard from him."

Pippen recently declared his desire to end a three-year retirement, but the Lakers wanted to wait and see what happened at last Thursday's trade deadline.