News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-24-07, 07:26 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

What We Hear

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b...r.7ceef43.html

What We Hear

That the reason the Bulls did not get a deal done with the Grizzlies that would have put Pau Gasol in red and black was because they think Luol Deng has just scratched the surface of how good he cam become. Plus, Deng is a solid citizen who is well loved in and around Chicago. Pretty good reasons for keeping him, actually.

That no team the Pistons contacted before the trade deadline wanted Flip Murray, but that plenty were interested in former Spur Nazr Mohammed. Trouble was, Mohammed’s contract (five years, $30 million) made a deal impossible.

That Yao Ming, who has stated to do some running on the court, is more optimistic about returning ahead of projection than are the Rockets’ doctors.

That Don Nelson is way down on point guard Sarunas Jasikeviciuis. He sometimes refers to him as “Marciulionis,” mistaking him for the Lithuanian swing man who played for Nelson’s Warriors in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

That Flip Sauders is serious when he says he has no interest in returning to his alma mater, Minnesota, to be head coach there.

That Sonics owner Clay Bennett won’t file for relocation by March 1, which he must do if he wants to move the Sonics for the 2007-08 season.

That Mike Bibby’s ability to opt out of his contract this summer was not a major factor in the Kings’ inability to get a deal done before the trade deadline. His agent, David Falk, had indicated it was unlikely Bibby would opt out of selected destinations. Of course, Falk also had let the Kings know there definitely were some situations that would have moved Bibby to opt out.

That one of the reasons the Wolves could not move Mike James was their insistence that teams interested also be willing to take Eddie Griffin.
Old 02-24-07, 07:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
That Don Nelson is way down on point guard Sarunas Jasikeviciuis. He sometimes refers to him as “Marciulionis,” mistaking him for the Lithuanian swing man who played for Nelson’s Warriors in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
Possible future Spur?
Old 02-24-07, 12:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Actually, Sarunas is going to be in the final year of his contract next year. It's on the order of $4million and he'll be 31 next year. Not too old. Smart decision-maker. Good shooter. I like the idea of stealing him from the Warriors but we'll see what we can do.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-24-07, 12:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
That the reason the Bulls did not get a deal done with the Grizzlies that would have put Pau Gasol in red and black was because they think Luol Deng has just scratched the surface of how good he cam become. Plus, Deng is a solid citizen who is well loved in and around Chicago. Pretty good reasons for keeping him, actually.
Is it Sarcasm? I can't figure out. Another reason I hear is that Deng is a really hard hard worker. Just look at how he is developing and his numbers over the short period of time he has been in the league. I really think you can never underestimate the background the guys have come from. Coming from hard envrionment, Sudan, Deng seems to really value and appreciate the position he is in. And hearing that great complimentary comment from Scott that he is a really hard worker....I don't think it is really easy to hear that from Scott too often. Hear that it is really hard to please Scott too much.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-24-07, 01:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Being a Duke fan, I knew Deng was going to be good, but I never thought he would be this good, this soon.
Old 02-24-07, 03:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtd1 View Post
Being a Duke fan, I knew Deng was going to be good, but I never thought he would be this good, this soon.
That is exactly why Bulls has refused to lry Deng go, while they were trying to land Gasol, even though Bulls were willing to part with Ben Gordon. Bulls have a lot of guards who can distribute the ball, like Kirk and Duhon and Ben Gordon is much more scorer and shooter than passing the ball. Actually I think Gordon is not really good decision maker when it comes to passing, although I respect his scoring ability.

The surgence of Deng also has to do with Nocioni's injury and the early shooting struggles with Kirk and Duhon. Actually Deng is shooting jump shots so well which I hear he has worked really hard over this summer. And his FG% is over 50% now or something. With Novioni out, and when Kirk is passing the ball, Deng is becoming really a go-to guy in scoring because at times he is not missing, that is of course when Ben Gordon is not forcing shots and actually pass the ball to Deng. And you never see Deng force shots though. And he is often recording more or less 10 rebounds. I think Deng is taking some rebounding number away from Ben Wallace honestly.