News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-07, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Something I noticed these past games!!!

Remember how teams would bring their A game whenever they would face the Spurs. That seems to not be the case anymore with some of the better teams. I think the better teasm are starting toi buy into the fact that they think we are too old and can't compete with them. I sort of like that! For some reason I have this strong feeling that when we get to the playoffs our opponents will think that just b/c they had success vs. us in the regular season that the same will play out in the playoffs. I think the Western conference is going to be in for a rude awakening. Experience means everything in the playoffs, from preperation, how to deal with the off days, and how to make every possesion count. The Spurs understand that! They will finish strong!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-07, 01:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yeah I think you're right. I hate the cliche but it's true that the playoffs are a totally different season.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-07, 05:46 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

What I've noticed in the last several games is that the level of intensity on the defensive side has been raised, it's tough to get inside on the Spurs again, high scorers are getting engulfed with defenders, and now with Manu coming off the bench and Bonner back the 2nd unit is no cake walk, Bonner is banging people, a part of the game I love and Manu has been well, G-I-N-O-B-I-L-I!!!!!

Of course Finley is still Finley on defense, but Barry, Manu, Horry, and Elson are coming out more aggressive on defense. And Bonner has shown in both games he has come in that he is not afraid of contact now if his shot comes back, this guy will help.
Old 02-23-07, 07:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I noticed that the Spurs were doing good, but then they started slumping when Elson got injured. He finally came back and it looked like the Spurs might be fine, but then Bonner got injured and they started slumping again. Now that those two are back and healthy, hopefully that will help the Spurs finish strong!
Old 02-23-07, 07:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Let's not forget that a couple of teams are on a mission...coming in as the 4th or 5th seed isn't going to make it easy on the Spurs. They are defintely going to have to bring their "A" game every game in every series.
Old 02-23-07, 03:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
And if these teams are slacking off and not even bringing their "A" games............ask yourself: why we are still losing to these inferior teams?

Perhaps the reason the teams don't bring their A game is because we have shown the league numerous times that they don't even need to bring their B game in order to beat us.
ouch. it's more complicated than that though. injuries, team focus, and coaching come to mind.
Old 02-24-07, 01:32 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Yeah, the Spurs are overloaded with jump shooters and could use a youthful athlete on the wings to slash to the hole. Yeah, Bruce's back and Tony's knee are worrisome.

But if one or two of our bigs (Elson? Oberto? Ely? I'm past hoping for Butler...) could figure out the defensive rotation in the paint, then the Spurs D could be back to where it used to be, and things would work out fine. The Spur wing players could funnel their opponents into the middle to face a stone wall, and the opponents would have to hit jumpers.