News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-22-07, 08:03 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Ut oh... Parker is hurting again

Parker ailing: Tony Parker said the tendinitis in his right knee that bothered him late last season has resurfaced.

Parker struggled Wednesday, making only 3 of 14 shots for six points. He also got hit on the side of his left knee in the first half, but returned.

"I had no lift," Parker said. "I just have to be disciplined and do my treatments and stay on it. It's been for like two weeks now, so I have to keep working on it."

Horry rests: With Matt Bonner back, Popovich opted to rest Robert Horry on Wednesday as he's previously done on the second night of back-to-backs. Bonner had one point and two rebounds in 12 minutes.

Atlanta's pair of 6-foot-9 athletic forwards, Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, created matchup problems for the Spurs' other big men. Francisco Elson picked up four fouls in his first eight minutes and Fabricio Oberto went to the bench with his fifth in the third quarter.

"They were aggressive and physical," Popovich said. "We were fortunate to get out of here with a win."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b...h.1817803.html
Old 02-22-07, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm with you. The Spurs have 2 games over the next 7 days against teams like the Sonics and Raptors. I think if the Spurs focused hard they could win those without Tony.

Last edited by Fiallo1984; 02-22-07 at 12:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-07, 01:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

That's bad news.

I hope it doesn't get worst

If we have Beno starting and Vaughn off the bench we won't win many games
Old 02-22-07, 01:41 PM
Banned

Rest him as much as possibel so he is fresh come playoff time. Beno and Vaugh can keep the team a float for a week.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-07, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Pop needs to sit him right now. Barry/Vaughn/Beno can be adequate at the point while Tony rests.

Also, if Pop knew Horry was going to rest, why didn't he put him on the IL for a game and let Ely or White have a shot? Stupid.
Stupid? OK let's see how many NBA games you have won as a coach or a player. Oh, none? Hmmm...

The reason is, Popovich knows that Ely or White are not ready to play, but he knows Horry is ready to play if necessary. So, if he has to bring someone in due to injury or whatever, he'd rather bring in Horry.
Old 02-22-07, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Maybe Beno needs to get a chance to play through it? He hasn't been playing much for a while now, right? Obvioulsy, the first choice would have been to make a move, but since that didn't happen, why not try and set the kid up for success?
Old 02-22-07, 03:26 PM
Mr. Brightside

rest him as long as reasonably possible and give the kids a shot. i think pop knows what he's doing...
Old 02-22-07, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Okay, THAT'S why Beno didn't get traded.

That being said, we're in big trouble if Beno has to play big minutes against ANY team in this league.
Old 02-22-07, 06:11 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Pop needs to sit him right now. Barry/Vaughn/Beno can be adequate at the point while Tony rests.

Also, if Pop knew Horry was going to rest, why didn't he put him on the IL for a game and let Ely or White have a shot? Stupid.
Good point.