News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-21-07, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wade Hurt?

Did anyone catch what happened at the end of the Heat game?
I caught the end and they kept talking about how he went down and didn't get back up...

Shoulder or elbow...he was crying and serious pain--got taken to the training room in a wheelchair...could make the next 24 hours and trade deadline very interesting...

Hope it isn't nearly as bad as Wade made it look....

Last edited by Fiallo1984; 02-21-07 at 11:56 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-07, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Did not see or hear it yet.

Hope he is fine.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-07, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This could spell lottery for the Heat.
Old 02-22-07, 12:07 AM
MomBear

Wade Leaves Game Against Houston With injury
Posted Feb 21 2007 11:33PM

HOUSTON, Feb. 21 (AP) -- Miami star Dwyane Wade left the Heat's game at Houston on Wednesday night after apparently injuring his left shoulder in the fourth quarter.

Wade got tangled up with Shane Battier and grimaced in pain before going to the bench. A couple of minutes later he was helped into a wheelchair and taken off the bench.

He was not moving his left arm and appeared to be in serious pain as he was wheeled away.

He left with 27 points.

link
Old 02-22-07, 12:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

yea, all i heard was he had to be wheeled out..says hes not going to travel with the team to play against dallas.
Old 02-22-07, 12:24 AM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtd1 View Post
yea, all i heard was he had to be wheeled out..says hes not going to travel with the team to play against dallas.
That sucks. I was hoping he was going to torch Dallas.

Old 02-22-07, 12:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Didn't look that bad when it happened. But man was he in pain. In slow-mo it looked like you could see his shoulder pop out.
Old 02-22-07, 12:29 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeeds View Post
Didn't look that bad when it happened. But man was he in pain. In slow-mo it looked like you could see his shoulder pop out.
yea i saw that too ...Wade takes a lot of hits, hard ones at that, so the fact that he was crying lets you know this one had to really really hurt! One good sign for the heat is that shaq looks like he's getting back to form.
Old 02-22-07, 01:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Just making sure, he hurt his shoulder and was in a wheelchair?

Never good to see anyone get hurt, hope he'll be allright, was he flopping or did he get hit for real?

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 02-22-07, 02:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

HOUSTON -- Just when the Miami Heat were getting back on track, they may have lost the person they can least afford to be without.

Dwyane Wade dislocated his left shoulder late in Miami's 112-102 loss to the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, though the extent of his injury is not yet known.

With Shaquille O'Neal finally healthy and Pat Riley back on the bench, the Heat seemed poised to shake off their early struggles and surge in the second half of the season.

Instead the team watched as Wade, with tears in his eyes, was in so much pain that he had to be taken off in a wheelchair in the fourth quarter.

"If it's not one thing, it's another," said O'Neal, who has played just 14 games this season because of knee surgery. "We've been through a lot this season."

Tracy McGrady scored 32 points to lead the Rockets.

The Heat were 13-17 when Riley stepped away nearly seven weeks ago for operations to replace his left hip and repair cartilage in his right knee. They had rebounded recently, winning seven of their last eight games, but trailed by as many as 18 on Wednesday and dropped back below .500.

"This is the way it's going to be this year I guess," Riley said. "We've had a lot of adversity. Things haven't been going well from the get go."

Wade, who left with 27 points, got tangled up with Shane Battier and grimaced in pain before going to the bench. A couple minutes later he was helped into a wheelchair and taken off the bench. He was not moving his left arm and appeared to be in severe pain as he was wheeled away.

"Someone said we locked arms," Battier said. "All I know is Dwyane was on the sidelines grabbing his shoulder. I didn't think it was anything at first. I spun around. I hit somebody. I didn't know what happened."

The Heat said Wade would not accompany the team on its trip to Dallas for Thursday night's game, instead going to a Houston hospital to have his injury diagnosed.

A basket by Wade with 11:15 to go got Miami within 89-80 and Alonzo Mourning hit one free throw to cut the lead to eight.

The Rockets then added four 3-pointers, including two on consecutive possessions by McGrady to go ahead 103-88, and the Heat wouldn't threaten again.

Wade scored 13 points in the third quarter, including two straight three-point plays late in the period to cut Houston's lead to 82-74. Bonzi Wells stunned the crowd when he made a 70-foot, desperation heave at the end of the period to extend Houston's lead to 89-75.

Wells, who was at the 3-point line on the opposite end of the court when he launched the shot, broke into a huge smile when he saw it fall.

"I think he has the ability in these games to give us a lift," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "It is hard now trying to figure out how to play him and Shane."

Rafer Alston, who had six 3s and 20 points, got the crowd into it early in the second half when he put a move on Wade that left him standing at the free-throw line while he breezed in for the easy layup.

McGrady tweaked a groin midway through the first quarter and left the game briefly to have it taped. He returned about three minutes later and said at halftime that he was fine.

The 40-year-old Dikembe Mutombo looked more spry than the younger O'Neal at times and provided a highlight of the first half when he finished a reverse layup despite being fouled hard by the Miami center. O'Neal finished with 20 points and a season-high 16 rebounds.

Late in the game, O'Neal got a bit of revenge when he had a one-handed dunk over Mutombo. But O'Neal taunted him with the trademark finger wag Mutombo does after getting a block and was given a technical foul.

Mourning said the Heat can't use Wade's injury as an excuse, regardless of how serious it may be.

"It's unfortunate, but you've got to deal with it and move on," he said. "I do know this: We got enough in here to get it done, regardless of if he's out or not. We're deep enough, we've got enough experience. It's just a matter of guys coming mentally and physically prepared every night."

O'Neal, who said he feels like he's getting back to his old self, agreed and said he's prepared to step up in Wade's absence.

"I have to be more aggressive and get more looks and keep everyone else involved," he said. "Coach is calling my play and if he keeps calling them, I will deliver."

The Rockets, spurred by nine quick points by McGrady, went on a 15-4 run in the first quarter that gave them a 18-8 lead. Houston outscored the Heat 9-2 late in the second quarter to push their lead to 63-48 at halftime.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270221010

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world."
Old 02-22-07, 07:32 AM
SpursReport Rookie

it was for real.. his arm got caught with shane running at him full speed. and you can kinda see his shoulder pop out...
Old 02-22-07, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

i saw several replays and could not figure out how he got hurt. and wade is kinda of a faker. how many times does he go to the locker room only to come back out and act like nothing happened?

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 02-22-07, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglakerfan View Post
Just making sure, he hurt his shoulder and was in a wheelchair?

Never good to see anyone get hurt, hope he'll be allright, was he flopping or did he get hit for real?
Yeah, he totally flopped just like Kobe did when he got blocked cleanly at the end of regulation. Talk about purple and gold blinders.

As to the flopping charge, Wade goes to the basket significantly more often than Kobe does and doesn't depend on lots of jumpers the same way Kobe does; simple lesson, if you go to the basket a lot, you will get hit more often (but only slighlty more often than that prima donna in LA).

But seriously, no need to act like a dick about a player with a legit injury. Wade was going for a swipe at the ball on defense while Battier was heading to the hoop to drive and dish. Wade caught his arm on Battier and dislocated it as a result.
Old 02-22-07, 10:23 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla View Post
i saw several replays and could not figure out how he got hurt. and wade is kinda of a faker. how many times does he go to the locker room only to come back out and act like nothing happened?
Wade does tend to over-dramatize at times, but seeing him on the court after it happened, I just don't think you can fake pain like that.

Hope Wade's not out too long.
Old 02-22-07, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Get knocked down 7 times get up 8?
Old 02-22-07, 10:28 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

We'll see how bad it is when new word comes out.
It was sinitially called a dislocated left shoulder, which could keep Wade out for a period of about six weeks but he went to a Houston hospital afterwards for addition tests and remained behind in Houston while the team departed Houston.
Old 02-22-07, 12:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

wade dislocates shoulder

I dont know if this is a repost but i thought i should post it since they are officially calling it a dislocated shoulder...

By KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer
February 22, 2007

AP - Feb 22, 12:25 am EST
More Photos

HOUSTON (AP) -- Just when the Miami Heat were getting back on track, they may have lost the person they can least afford to be without.

Dwyane Wade dislocated his left shoulder late in Miami's 112-102 loss to the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, though the extent of his injury is not yet known.
With Shaquille O'Neal finally healthy and Pat Riley back on the bench, the Heat seemed poised to shake off their early struggles and surge in the second half of the season.

Instead the team watched as Wade, with tears in his eyes, was in so much pain that he had to be taken off in a wheelchair in the fourth quarter.

"If it's not one thing, it's another," said O'Neal, who has played just 14 games this season because of knee surgery. "We've been through a lot this season."

Tracy McGrady scored 32 points to lead the Rockets.

The Heat were 13-17 when Riley stepped away nearly seven weeks ago for operations to replace his left hip and repair cartilage in his right knee. They had rebounded recently, winning seven of their last eight games, but trailed by as many as 18 Wednesday and dropped back below .500.

"This is the way it's going to be this year I guess," Riley said. "We've had a lot of adversity. Things haven't been going well from the get go."

Wade, who left with 27 points, got tangled up with Shane Battier and grimaced in pain before going to the bench. A couple of minutes later he was helped into a wheelchair and taken off the bench. He was not moving his left arm and appeared to be in severe pain as he was wheeled away.

"Someone said we locked arms," Battier said. "All I know is Dwyane was on the sidelines grabbing his shoulder. I didn't think it was anything at first. I spun around. I hit somebody. I didn't know what happened."

The Heat said Wade would not accompany the team on their trip to Dallas for Thursday night's game, instead going to a Houston hospital to have his injury diagnosed.

A basket by Wade with 11:15 to go got Miami within 89-80 and Alonzo Mourning hit one free throw to cut the lead to eight.

AP - Feb 22, 12:22 am EST
More Photos

The Rockets then added four 3-pointers, including two on consecutive possessions by McGrady to go ahead 103-88, and the Heat wouldn't threaten again.

Wade scored 13 points in the third quarter, including two straight three-point plays late in the period to cut Houston's lead to 82-74. Bonzi Wells stunned the crowd when he made a 70-foot, desperation heave at the end of the period to extend Houston's lead to 89-75.

Wells, who was at the 3-point line on the opposite end of the court when he launched the shot, broke into a huge smile when he saw it fall.

"I think he has the ability in these games to give us a lift," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "It is hard now trying to figure out how to play him and Shane."

Rafer Alston, who had six 3s and 20 points, got the crowd into it early in the second half when he put a move on Wade that left him standing at the free throw line while he breezed in for the easy layup.

McGrady tweaked a groin midway through the first quarter and left the game briefly to have it taped. He returned about three minutes later and said at halftime that he was fine.

The 40-year-old Dikembe Mutombo looked more spry than the younger O'Neal at times and provided a highlight of the first half when he finished a reverse layup despite being fouled hard by the Miami center. O'Neal finished with 20 points and a season-high 16 rebounds.

Late in the game, O'Neal got a bit of revenge when he had a one-handed dunk over Mutombo. But O'Neal taunted him with the trademark finger wag Mutombo does after getting a block and was given a technical foul.

Mourning said the Heat can't use Wade's injury as an excuse, regardless of how serious it may be.

"It's unfortunate, but you've got to deal with it and move on," he said. "I do know this: We got enough in here to get it done, regardless of if he's out or not. We're deep enough, we've got enough experience. It's just a matter of guys coming mentally and physically prepared every night."

O'Neal, who said he feels like he's getting back to his old self, agreed and said he's prepared to step up in Wade's absence.

"I have to be more aggressive and get more looks and keep everyone else involved," he said. "Coach is calling my play and if he keeps calling them, I will deliver."

The Rockets, spurred by nine quick points by McGrady, went on a 15-4 run in the first quarter that gave them a 18-8 lead. Houston outscored the Heat 9-2 late in the second quarter to push their lead to 63-48 at halftime.

Notes

Former Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich was scouting the game. ... Houston Comets star Sheryl Swoopes attended the game with her young son. The pair sat on the front row and cheered loudly throughout the second half.
Old 02-22-07, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Injured Wade hands Heat six-week setback

okay here is the latest update..

HOUSTON, (AFP) - Miami superstar guard Dwyane Wade has suffered a dislocated left shoulder and is expected to miss the next six weeks of the season for the reigning National Basketball Association champions.
Wade sufferd the injury here Wednesday in a 112-102 loss to the Houston Rockets, but the loss of the player will be for more crippling than the defeat for a 26-27 club clinging to the final Eastern Conference playoff berth.

Pat Riley, in his first game back from knee and hip surgery as coach of the Heat, said Miami must adapt to the absence of Wade until the final days of the regular season, expecting big play from Shaquille O'Neal and Alonzo Mourning.

ADVERTISEMENT

"We can do some different things. 'Zo' can still play down inside," Riley said.

Wade, taken from the court in a wheelchair, remained in hospital overnight and did not accompany the Heat to Dallas for Thursday's rematch of last year's NBA Finals against the Mavericks.

So far this season, the Heat's record without Wade is 1-6. That includes many games where star center O'Neal has been absent with verious injuries.

But the health of "Shaq" will now be vital if the Heat is to have any hope of making a title defense in the playoffs.

After Dallas, the Heat must face the East's three top clubs - Detroit, Washington and LeBron James-led Cleveland, in the next four games.
Old 02-22-07, 12:41 PM
Banned

Miami was ona bit of a run before the all-star break and now it appears to be all gone.

The Heat will fight to make the playoffs without Wade, and now are not even going to be considered a contender. Maybe Wade comes back for th eplayoffs, but is a 60 to 80% Wade going to bring another championship to South Beach, I don't think so.
Old 02-22-07, 12:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

guess Pat Riley is gonna take another "break" from coaching
Old 02-22-07, 12:46 PM
Banned

^^^ I heard is other hip does need replacing
Old 02-22-07, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The heat should hold on to the 8th seed if Shaq gets moving- none of the teams immediately behind them is awe inspiring- the Nets could by the end of the day be really out of it.
Old 02-22-07, 01:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

With about 6 weeks til the start of the playoffs, it'll be interesting to see when Wade would actually be able to come back and whether the acquisition of Eddie Jones helps them stay afloat until Wade is ready to play again.