News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-21-07, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Whats that sound?

Is that the Spurs winning games?

Is that Manu taking over the game like we all know he can?

Is that the Spurs getting out and running? and trowing alley-opps to each other?

Getting to the lose balls?

Winning games ugly and winning games sweet, but in the end a win is a win?

Is that our Spurs team getting STOPS that we knew they could get but where not getting the first half this year?

Is that JV diving for that loose ball?

What I am trying to say is that alot of us knew the Spurs would come around, and right now I see glimpses of the Spurs we all know.

And just want to say it brings a smile to my face to see the team and players we all love playing together again.

Whats that sound?

Thats the sound of our Spurs .....and guess what b***h, we are coming for what we deserve.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-07, 11:13 PM
MomBear

Congratulations... you've just been beaten by the San Antonio Spurs...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-07, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I love how all it takes for the fans to get psyched is a measly 4 game win streak. Let's get up for the game against Houston! I really want to steal another in H-Town to show them the difference between pretenders and contenders.
Old 02-21-07, 11:28 PM
MomBear

Whatever it takes...
Old 02-21-07, 11:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i am really excited about the general direction of the spurs right now, considering bonner and ely have not yet been bought into the system fully, but at the same time do not want to get psyhed about this mini-streak and go through a heart-break if we lose to houston. i really want the spurs to beat houston in that game, and prove that we are contenders.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-07, 11:43 PM
Spartan Moderator

Remember all the gloom and doom about Manu at the beginning of the year? Remember how people on this very forum were saying he was done and washed up and we should trade him?:richb

GO SPURS GO!!

Old 02-21-07, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiallo1984 View Post
I love how all it takes for the fans to get psyched is a measly 4 game win streak. Let's get up for the game against Houston! I really want to steal another in H-Town to show them the difference between pretenders and contenders.

With all due respect....

If I gotta hear all that crap about how this Spurs team is old and how this team is done....

I am for sure going to let those fairweather fans know when the Spurs are playing well.

Its not a 4 game win streak, but the kind of play in those 4 games.

When we lose 2 games in a row I hear way to much crap bout how bad we are....but now we got a couple in a row those posters will have to take some of it right back.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 02-22-07, 01:17 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
Remember all the gloom and doom about Manu at the beginning of the year? Remember how people on this very forum were saying he was done and washed up and we should trade him?:richb

GO SPURS GO!!
Any idiot who said Manu was washed up and should be traded should be...... Well I can't say it in here. They were nuts, I always knew he was never a problem and always a HUGE PLUS. Gino is that man, period. He is pressure shots, socring in big situations, steals and blocks etc. he is bigtime, always has been.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 02-22-07, 02:56 AM
SpursReport Team Member

amen
Old 02-22-07, 09:01 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Anyone who doesn't know that Manu is one of the top clutch players in the whole world doesn't know their basketball. He's on the All-Clutch team.

$
Old 02-22-07, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Rookie

thasss right.

- mrs. enjay bee

Old 02-22-07, 09:29 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Whoa there pardner... maybe focus on winning the next 3 games BEFORE Houston?? Seattle, Toronto, and Orlando aren't going to just roll over and play dead. Talk about looking ahead... :richb
Old 02-22-07, 09:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

absolutley, our guys are playing with some fire, winning some games, and persevering.

AND we are in our favorite place....well under the radar.
Old 02-22-07, 04:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If this season does turn around like we all hope, I would have to pin it on the defensive play against Denver. It was greatness. JV diving for loose balls I think 3 different times certainly helped. There were a ton of Denver turnovers that were directly because of the defense, and not just bad passes. Maybe this is the turnaround we have all been waiting for???
Old 02-22-07, 05:07 PM
Mr. Brightside

omg...
Old 02-22-07, 05:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
Anyone who doesn't know that Manu is one of the top clutch players in the whole world doesn't know their basketball. He's on the All-Clutch team.

$
A win against the 21-32 Atlanta Hawks in February. When I think of clutch, that is the exact scenario that comes my mind. I say move over Jerry West!!
Old 02-22-07, 05:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Im psyched because ginobili finally showed a glimpse of his 2005 self.
Keep it up Manu!
Old 02-22-07, 05:43 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
A win against the 21-32 Atlanta Hawks in February. When I think of clutch, that is the exact scenario that comes my mind. I say move over Jerry West!!
Yeah if only Manu had some clutch NBA finals moments under his belt............

Old 02-22-07, 07:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Any idiot who said Manu was washed up and should be traded should be...

traded to be supporting another team

anyone, anyone?
Old 02-22-07, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG View Post
The wagon is fine without people jumping back on

they will just be off at the next Spurs loss

Does anyone have that pic of the Ethiopian bandwagon? I miss that thing.
Old 02-22-07, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
troll alert!
Old 02-23-07, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

No troll. Not new to watching Manu or the Spurs for that matter. Believe me, I know and have witnessed the highs of the current Tim Duncan era as well as the lows of the Greg Ballard/Bobby Dandridge/Elvin Hayes comeback from a 3-1 deficit in the Eastern Conference Finals dammit we were so close.... whew. Sorry, 1979 still hurts as does 1983 against the Lakers and '95 against the Rockets. I have been with them for 30+ years. I was there when Bird got the nachos dumped on his ass in the Hemisfair by the Baseline Bums. Anyway, Manu is fine but a 40 point night against the Hawks is not clutch. I know that 40 pts in the NBA is still 40 but seriously, its a game in February. Lets not make it more than that. I know that Manu is deified in SA and on this forum to some degree but clutch is 2005 playoff Manu or 2007 Mavericks Game 7 (pre dumbass foul) Manu or 2003 playoffs spark off the bench Manu, etc. Clutch performances and the use of the word should be reserved for games when there is something on the line. Memorial Day Miracle, Havlicek stealing the ball against the Lakers in 65, Bird stealing the ball against Detroit in
86, Tim's near quadruple double in Finals against Nets, etc, etc, etc. A forty point night (24consecutive) against the Hawks is similar to Kobe's 81 vs Toronto or Arenas'
50+ against several teams, Antwawn Jamison back to back 50 point games (vs. GS and LAL a few years back). Its a great performance but clutch might be a bit of a stretch. Saying something "against" Manu the Great does not make people trolls. That's what makes the forum what it is. Its a place to agree and/or disagree and support your argument with fact or logic, hopefully. Now whether or not I did enough to change anyone's mind is not the point. The purpose and point of the forum remains the same.
Old 02-23-07, 12:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i don't think it's necessarily "clutch" but it's a good performance, and hopefully he gets on a roll here.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 02-23-07, 01:30 PM
Banned

24 is 24 in a row, clutch or not clutch, it was an impressive performance against good competition.
Old 02-23-07, 02:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post

$
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG View Post
i dont think that was really the point.

Not sure how that wasn't the point when it was stated in a previous post. Again we are talking semantics. It was a great performance as I said. Sportscenter worthy and noteworthy from a record book point of view. Just not clutch. I'll add to TheChillFActor's response saying that I hope this gets him on a roll and moreso the team. It is post All-Star break, time to play Spurs Basketball.
Old 02-23-07, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Yes, I am ready for a win against someone we'll have to see in the playoffs. As of now, the teams we are beating are teams we will not be seeing. Sorry to rain on the parade.
Old 02-23-07, 05:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
No troll. Not new to watching Manu or the Spurs for that matter. Believe me, I know and have witnessed the highs of the current Tim Duncan era as well as the lows of the Greg Ballard/Bobby Dandridge/Elvin Hayes comeback from a 3-1 deficit in the Eastern Conference Finals dammit we were so close.... whew. Sorry, 1979 still hurts as does 1983 against the Lakers and '95 against the Rockets. I have been with them for 30+ years. I was there when Bird got the nachos dumped on his ass in the Hemisfair by the Baseline Bums. Anyway, Manu is fine but a 40 point night against the Hawks is not clutch. I know that 40 pts in the NBA is still 40 but seriously, its a game in February. Lets not make it more than that. I know that Manu is deified in SA and on this forum to some degree but clutch is 2005 playoff Manu or 2007 Mavericks Game 7 (pre dumbass foul) Manu or 2003 playoffs spark off the bench Manu, etc. Clutch performances and the use of the word should be reserved for games when there is something on the line. Memorial Day Miracle, Havlicek stealing the ball against the Lakers in 65, Bird stealing the ball against Detroit in
86, Tim's near quadruple double in Finals against Nets, etc, etc, etc. A forty point night (24consecutive) against the Hawks is similar to Kobe's 81 vs Toronto or Arenas'
50+ against several teams, Antwawn Jamison back to back 50 point games (vs. GS and LAL a few years back). Its a great performance but clutch might be a bit of a stretch. Saying something "against" Manu the Great does not make people trolls. That's what makes the forum what it is. Its a place to agree and/or disagree and support your argument with fact or logic, hopefully. Now whether or not I did enough to change anyone's mind is not the point. The purpose and point of the forum remains the same.
I will give you that you seem to be pretty knowledgable guy. Yet, I definitely have to disagree with you about some of things you mentioned.

First, yes, I also agree 40 points itself might not be too significant. But the signfican lies in the way Manu scored those points and against the team we faced and against the kind of defenders he faced.

Hawks might not look like a good team, as you look at the record. But they were pretty severly hit by injuries for a lot of players in this team. Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Lue and Speedy etc etc for a lot of games. Right now, Hawks are winning a lot games and they are playing some good ball.

Joe Johnson is called as one of the better defender in the league and Josh Smith is a heck of shot blocker and a lot of these atheltic guys on this squad can all steal some balls and block the shots. They might be still too young and too inexperienved to be able to play some consistent team D. But individually they are pretty tough in challenging the shots because of their athelecism.

They are not really efficient in offensive execution. They are still learning. But they are really persistent and all of them can grab the boards and they are all playing some tough, persistent basketball right now.

Anyway, I do think it can mark as a significant game for Manu and for Spurs this season. Some kind of trun-around point for Manu. Just like that one game vs PHX in January in 2005 when Manu scored 48 points, en route to our 2005 championship ring.

Manu is a kind of player who needs that kind of confidence. Of course, he is a great player and has a confidence in himself. Yet, I notice that Manu seems to mention the confidence a lot in interviews. It is like the problem is that Manu is not too arrogant. The thing is that Manu has been a MVP in Europe and everything. But here in NBA level, there are so many unbelievable talents that Manu doesn't put himself and his game at their levels.

Objectively speaking, it will be fair to say that Manu doesn't measure up the level of talents and athelticsm of some of great talents in our league....like D Wade, Kobe etc etc..And Manu probably would be the first one to admit that he is probably not considered the first tier group of shooting guards.

So, I think there is where Manu's confidence, as he admits, comes in and out at times.

Yet, the kind of unique thing that makes Manu "the Manu" is the kind of this zone he gets in, IMO. This is the kind of zone we have seen from Kobe, Wade, Arenas and TMac. ..etc..

That is what we also saw from Manu when he was scoring 48 pts against PHX in 2005. After witnessing that unblievable game, Manu was voted as an All-star by coaches, even though Manu's stats or numbers themsleves have not been superb during the season. I think coaches have seen something special from Manu there..........that was exactly what made Manu Eurolegue MVP and MVP in Olympics BB.

So, yes, we know Manu is a clutch player. We saw that in 2005. And all Euroleague fans already know that about Manu. You mentione Sean Elliot's memorial day miracle shots. Yet, you seem to have forgotten the 3 that Manu took and made in game 7 vs DET in 2005, almost at the end of the game, with TD assist., which also sealed the deal for us in that game, series and the season. Plus, the 3 Manu made at the end of game 7 vs Dallas in 2006.

Yes, there was that foul at the end of regulation against Dirk. Yet, there are some people outside of Spurs community who believe that that was definitely a block, not a foul. Like that guy who talks about fantasy leagu in NBA TV.

Now, all season long this season, we have seen some glimpses of "Clutch Manu" in some games. Like that blpck on Kobe shot in Lakers game. But the tre fact of the matter is that Manu still has been having some problems with his finishing ability at the rim and so on and it didn't amount to anything very superb and special yet.

So, I along with a lot of Spurs fans hope that this is something very special, like the one we saw him against PHX in 2005. When Manu gets this kind of confidence and this kind of zone, you can't really stop Manu. We all know that, even though Manu is no Kobe. It is just the variety of ways Manu can attack and score and there is also very important momentum kind of D he plays by stalking the ball or block amd so on

If Manu gets this kind of special confidence, I would watch our if I am on the other team or the fan. Watch out. There is some kind of special zone Manu gets into. The kind of ability and performance that can be mentioned and recocnizned around the league and the very ones that sparkled the heated argument in MVP voting in finals in 2005.