News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-07, 10:54 PM
SpursReport Rookie

"Spurs should trade for Przybilla" - Greg Anthony

Did anyone here Greg say that if the Spurs aquired Joel Przybilla, we would be much improved and be on the same level as the Mavericks and Suns. I hadn't even heard his name thrown around in rumors. Regardless that would be the stupidest trade we could make no matter who we give up. We didn't even play with a center in the playoffs last year. I have a lot of respect for Greg Anthony's opinion but he is just wrong on this one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-20-07, 11:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I was under the impression that the spurs wanted to sign him in the offseason but he chose to stay where he is.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-20-07, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerush View Post
Did anyone here Greg say that if the Spurs aquired Joel Przybilla, we would be much improved and be on the same level as the Mavericks and Suns. I hadn't even heard his name thrown around in rumors. Regardless that would be the stupidest trade we could make no matter who we give up. We didn't even play with a center in the playoffs last year. I have a lot of respect for Greg Anthony's opinion but he is just wrong on this one.
We didn't play with cause' the ones we had weren't playing good enough to do anything offensively and defensively, I think Pryzbilla would be pretty good next to Duncan, he isn't afraid to mix it up(playing soft)
Old 02-20-07, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harro View Post
I was under the impression that the spurs wanted to sign him in the offseason but he chose to stay where he is.
That is correct.
Old 02-20-07, 11:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvernblackfan View Post
We didn't play with cause' the ones we had weren't playing good enough to do anything offensively and defensively, I think Pryzbilla would be pretty good next to Duncan, he isn't afraid to mix it up(playing soft)
I am not too sure that Przybilla would have a place in our lineup against the Mavs or Suns. He is averaging 16 minutes a game for the trailblazers. That should tell you something.
Old 02-21-07, 12:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

wow someone actually has a respect for something that Greg Anthony says? The guy is a complete moron.
Old 02-21-07, 01:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSFAN317 View Post
wow someone actually has a respect for something that Greg Anthony says? The guy is a complete moron.
I don't know how you got such a bad view of GA but when I watch him he seems pretty knowlegable about what he is talking about. And why the need for the personal attack? If you disagree that is fine but leave it at that.
Old 02-21-07, 01:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSFAN317 View Post
...AND a hater too
Old 02-21-07, 01:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I don't know how you got such a bad view of GA but when I watch him he seems pretty knowlegable about what he is talking about. And why the need for the personal attack? If you disagree that is fine but leave it at that.
where's the personal attack, I was just surprised that a Spurs fan actually thought highly of Anthony. Anthony has proven many times that he doesn't know what he's talking about, but if you like him more power to you.
Old 02-21-07, 06:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

My thoughts as well. GA is notorious for dogging out the Spurs regardless if his report is valid or not. And from what I have seen, he isn't the brightest NBA commentator out there.
Old 02-21-07, 08:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

saw that, but he is kind of right our big men suck, td always had help, now he's the big man and he cant cover and rebound everything, thats our rebounding problem, barkley called, oberto and elson are teasers, good one night, suck the next. unless elson magically turns himself from playing like a wuss sf into a power center. well elson didnt exactly average that many min in denver either. Pryzbilla is more mobile than rasho
Old 02-21-07, 09:18 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harro View Post
Correct and they offered him MLE money.

on another note, the Spurs FO kinda has regrets about signing Butler.
Old 02-21-07, 09:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente View Post
on another note, the Spurs FO kinda has regrets about signing Butler.
Kinda?
Old 02-21-07, 09:24 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAScrub View Post
Kinda?
okay, take out the "kinda."
They are even willing to trade him now and forget about any "potential."
Old 02-21-07, 09:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
So much for the Snackie Butler Project, huh?

Is anyone actually interested in him now? Isaiah?
Old 02-21-07, 09:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Nets perhaps. Although they're probably more worried about what they're going to do with Vince and Kidd right now to waste time to think about Butler.
Old 02-21-07, 09:45 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

well don't think much will happen in SA today as far as trades...
Old 02-21-07, 09:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
From the express news
Quote:
It's little secret the Spurs have tried to move center Jackie Butler, who has appeared in only six games. Butler did little to improve his case for minutes Tuesday morning when he showed up at the practice facility after the team had already finished shootaround.
Well Elson has played three good games in a row (although two where blowouts), as pointed out earlier Barkley called Elson and Oberto teasers- good one night bad the next.
His recent performence is encouraging, but I still have doubts.

Przbilla was injured earlier in the year- but right now he's not getting many minutes- jan and Feb he's averaged < 15 minutes a game. Anybody know why?
His contract is a little long, but not outrageous. However looking over his stats it looks like he has never averaged more than 24 minutes a season.
Old 02-21-07, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well Greg, this is why you are not a GM...
Old 02-21-07, 10:50 AM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
It's all an act. He doesn't really know what he's talking about at all.

Old 02-21-07, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

ESPN should fire Anthony for stupidity and failure to make intelegent comments.
Old 02-21-07, 11:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
My thoughts as well. GA is notorious for dogging out the Spurs regardless if his report is valid or not. And from what I have seen, he isn't the brightest NBA commentator out there.
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
extreme, but ditto on that as well
Old 02-21-07, 11:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Przybilla is averaging 2 points a game and 4 rebounds. Please enlighten us Greg, on how this would be anything other than throwing up a white flag. This guy sucks.
Old 02-21-07, 01:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Elson>Pryz

FO did well.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 02-21-07, 01:40 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryhn View Post
Elson>Pryz

FO did well.

you mean the FO did well based on Pryz decision not to sign with SA.
Old 02-21-07, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

If it'sberto + Butler + Beno for Przbilla I'd do it
Old 02-21-07, 02:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
you mean the FO did well based on Pryz decision not to sign with SA.
I t seemed like a long shot- He was very much interested in staying in Portland and I think the Spurs offered him only 4 years and Portland 5 years.

I know the injury earlier in the year- but does anybody know why his PT has declined compared to last year?
Old 02-21-07, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Przybilla is averaging 2 points a game and 4 rebounds. Please enlighten us Greg, on how this would be anything other than throwing up a white flag. This guy sucks.
you mean compared to elson's stellar 5pts per game, 5 rpg 18min per game.
Old 02-21-07, 02:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandalay View Post
you mean compared to elson's stellar 5pts per game, 5 rpg 18min per game.
They are still better numbers right? And Oberto had the starting job most of the season. Joel has had the starting job most of the year after his injury in Portland and he has not done a thing. Elson has had quite a few good games this year and he looks to be getting better and more comfortable, what is Joel's excuse?
Old 02-21-07, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
They are still better numbers right? And Oberto had the starting job most of the season. Joel has had the starting job most of the year after his injury in Portland and he has not done a thing. Elson has had quite a few good games this year and he looks to be getting better and more comfortable, what is Joel's excuse?
better numbers? come on. im not saying get rid of elson, but a big man like joel would help he can guard the big men in the league, he's a big body, elson cant guard dirk or sf every night.

Last edited by Art Vandalay; 02-21-07 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 02:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I agree...even though I might have done spell check before posting this comment.
Old 02-21-07, 06:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I agree...even though I might have done spell check before posting this comment.
"Intelligent." Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandalay View Post
better numbers? come on. im not saying get rid of elson, but a big man like joel would help he can guard the big men in the league, he's a big body, elson cant guard dirk or sf every night.
What Big men in the league? He can't guard Dirk or Amare, thats what we would need him for. He is slow. Elson is a better player and has a better contract.
Old 02-21-07, 06:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I usually leave spelling police duties to others but when reading your post saying that someone was failing to make "intelegent" comments I was hoping it was an intended pun or you would be killing the power of your statement!
Old 02-21-07, 06:26 PM
Mr. Brightside

it tells u something if theyre trying to get rid of him.
Old 02-21-07, 06:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
I usually leave spelling police duties to others but when reading your post saying that someone was failing to make "intelegent" comments I was hoping it was an intended pun or you would be killing the power of your statement!
see above for correction
Old 02-21-07, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

oberto for billa
Old 02-21-07, 07:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spUrpenguin3000 View Post
it tells u something if theyre trying to get rid of him.
Not sure if they are, this is the only mention I have seen of it (anthonys comments).
He is not very productive this year- and has a 5 year contract (4 after this) so it would be hard to move him.
Why he is not as productive this year- I don't kknow- I haven't watch Portland this year. Is it because the emphasis on more mobile players? or lingering effects from his injury?
He never put huge numbers or minutes in his career. Although his block shots per 48 minutes are very high.
Old 02-21-07, 11:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

How many new big men do we need sitting on the bench learning to break the davinci code that is the spurs system? We just got Ely. Let's work on getting Butler and Beno out (since they've been abandoned and will not play) for a SF.
Old 02-21-07, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

pryzbilla just hurt his knee against the lakers. doesnt look good...teammates were carrying him off the court.

happened really randomly, kinda the way webber just suddenly fell down a couple of years ago with no one really touching him. defending bynum in the post one second, on the floor the next.

Last edited by GM5K; 02-22-07 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-22-07, 03:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The most stupid advice I've heard.
He has a huge contract and even couldn't score more points than his millions.
No thanks Greg. You are trying to rescue your old team but find another customer for him.