News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-19-07, 01:41 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Dallas Fans have Spurs on their mind

From Chat Q&A at Dallas paper:

Q: Which team do you think presents the toughest matchup for the Mavs and the team they should fear the most in the playoffs? The Suns, Rockets or Spurs?

Devin Harris and the Mavs would have to be at their best to get by Phoenix in the playoffs. David Moore: Recent history would suggest it's the Spurs. All of their games seem to go down to the final minutes. But the Mavericks also seem to win those games these days. The roles are reversed. You get the sense that San Antonio is doing all it can to stay close. The Rockets without Yao Ming don't match up well with the Mavericks. With Yao, you'd be looking at another great playoff series like you had two years ago.

Still, the Mavericks have more players who have come up big in the playoffs, giving them the edge. The Suns are the toughest matchup because no matter what the Mavericks do defensively, there will be some games that it doesn't matter. Phoenix will win with its offense. The Suns are also better defensively and hit the boards, which keeps them in games when their offense isn't there. They are the only team close to playing at the Mavericks level at the moment.

Q: The Spurs clearly are out of the Southwest Division race, but do you see them capable of making noise in the playoffs?

David Moore: It depends on how you define noise. The only noise the Spurs care about is winning the championship, and I don't think this team is capable of pulling that off. San Antonio's Big Three is playing really good ball, which makes their record all the more disturbing if you're a Spurs fan. Who is their fourth-best player right now, Brent Barry? He was no better than their seventh man just two years ago. This team doesn't have the speed or athletic ability on the perimeter to win another championship this season.

kevinp1975: Do you see any trades being made not involving the Mavs directly that could have an effect on them or the race in the West?

David Moore: Most of the rumblings involve teams in the Eastern Conference. More teams are likley to be active on the trade front in that conference because the order of things is much more jumbled than it is in the West. The big question in the West among the contenders is San Antonio. Coach Gregg Popovich said he's going to go with this group. This team clearly needs a young, athletic player on the perimeter, but then you get into the issue of who they have to give up to get that player. The top teams in the West may tweak their lineup with a bench player, but I wouldn't look for much to happen.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....166f47a2.html
Old 02-19-07, 09:34 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Look for surprises as he Spurs turn it on...I liek our position staying low and under the radar - this is where we always excel ....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-19-07, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

usually David Moore is a Spurs supporter, at least, he acknowledged their previous superiority but he's probably right on the mark (for now), but the playoffs are a different season....I don't buy any psychological advantage to the Mavs against the Spurs in the playoffs. Besides, I think ultimately, Avery's tempestous act will grow stale in big D....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-20-07, 07:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlate View Post
usually David Moore is a Spurs supporter, at least, he acknowledged their previous superiority but he's probably right on the mark (for now), but the playoffs are a different season....I don't buy any psychological advantage to the Mavs against the Spurs in the playoffs. Besides, I think ultimately, Avery's tempestous act will grow stale in big D....
they might not have any psychological edge against san antone but the spurs don't have any either

SWEET KICKS!
Old 02-20-07, 07:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin500 View Post
they might not have any psychological edge against san antone but the spurs don't have any either
well they do have a slight advantage because they did beat us in game 7 in our house....but that won't matter
Old 02-20-07, 06:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

of course we are on their minds, just like the lakers were on our minds a couple of years ago...
Old 02-22-07, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I love this article. The Mavs are playing the best they can. The Mavs cup is full and there isnt anymore room to improve. But how much room for improvement do the Spurs have in their team. They are still improving and are not near peaking. All teams go through slumps and the Mavs are due for a slump. I don't care if they win the West. We don't need home court advantage. Last year the Spurs should have won games 3 and 4 in Dallas, if the refs weren't so damn intimidated by the gay owner, Cuban.

I say, let Dallas continue to be full of themselves. Avery and his gang (and I do mean Avery in this comment) read the papers and are full of themselves. Avery Johnson is not the same person that use to live in San Antonio. He is now a legend in his own mind.
Confuscious say, "What goes up, must come down......and bust his ass really hard"
Old 02-23-07, 04:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dallas Fans have Spurs on their minds, well I say Spurs Fans have REVENGE on their minds!
Old 02-23-07, 08:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Samurai View Post
Dallas Fans have Spurs on their minds, well I say Spurs Fans have REVENGE on their minds!
I am so there with that one!!!