News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-19-07, 02:04 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

The Official "Trade Deadline" Thread

Mods, I didn't see a thread similiar to this one but if I missed it, just delete or merge or get me a link but here it goes....

I started this thread to see if, if any, "modifications" the Spurs need before the trade deadline (which is this coming up Thursday). If a trade happens to go down or if you hear something over the radio in San Antonio that might go down, I would like to see it here. That way, there isn't 3,158 threads started by people who's sister-in-law knows a bagger at HEB who saw RC Buford on his cell phone talking to a non-Spurs player and automatically thinks that a trade is going down. I want real concrete stuff here. So I'll start it off.....

PRIORITY #1......Whatever trade happens to go down, I pray to God it doesn't involve Brent Barry. I love the move that Pop did when he decided to start Barry and bring Manu off the bench. He's one of our best FT shooters and can hit 3's like nobody's business. Keep him becasue he deserves it.

#2. I would like to get Cory Maggette. I just don't know if he can learn the system fast enough to really help us this year. But he is athletic and a great rebounder, something the Spurs are lacking this year for some funny reason.

Well, what are your thoughts on the matter??????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-19-07, 02:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kidd to SA???????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-19-07, 02:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

My thoughts are there's no way to accomplish #2 without doing #1.

Realistically, if the Spurs end up doing anything it will be moving someone for a cheaper player in order to get out from under the luxury tax.

Last edited by coyotes_geek; 02-19-07 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamental9903 View Post
Mods, I didn't see a thread similiar to this one but if I missed it, just delete or merge or get me a link but here it goes....

I started this thread to see if, if any, "modifications" the Spurs need before the trade deadline (which is this coming up Thursday). If a trade happens to go down or if you hear something over the radio in San Antonio that might go down, I would like to see it here. That way, there isn't 3,158 threads started by people who's sister-in-law knows a bagger at HEB who saw RC Buford on his cell phone talking to a non-Spurs player and automatically thinks that a trade is going down. I want real concrete stuff here. So I'll start it off.....

PRIORITY #1......Whatever trade happens to go down, I pray to God it doesn't involve Brent Barry. I love the move that Pop did when he decided to start Barry and bring Manu off the bench. He's one of our best FT shooters and can hit 3's like nobody's business. Keep him becasue he deserves it.

#2. I would like to get Cory Maggette. I just don't know if he can learn the system fast enough to really help us this year. But he is athletic and a great rebounder, something the Spurs are lacking this year for some funny reason.

Well, what are your thoughts on the matter??????
The move that Pop "used" to bring Manu off the bench didn't take years and years of coaching experience to pull off. It's the only thing Pop "could" do.

Now... Pop's decision to bench Beno and Oberto are brilliant moves that should have been done months ago.

As far as trades -- if you can get a very good backup point for Barry -- I pull the trigger.
Old 02-19-07, 03:57 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I would like to see Maggette to.....do not think it will happen.

If not I would not go crazy with any moves and just go to battle with what we have and hope we have a great series and beat the Mavs in the second round without the home court.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 02-19-07, 11:42 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

1. I frankly would be happy if Spurs FO can pull any "miracle trade" that could yeild a decent back up PG or a good not great defender SF.

2. Maggette would be great. Or anyone similar to him and also solid on D. Esp a matching contract that expires soon.

3. Also I would be willing to give any Spur not named Timmy Duncan or Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili.
Old 02-20-07, 03:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The other thread about getting Posey sounds good. Hoepfully we can get him.