News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-16-07, 09:42 PM
MomBear

NBA Rumors - 2/15/07

NBA Rumors

Rumor Pippen may make comeback
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 10:00 am EST

It's not quite the impact of Michael Jordan's famous return to basketball in 1995, but Scottie Pippen is seriously considering a comeback and hopes to play for a contending team in this season's playoffs.

Pippen, who turned 41 on Sept. 25, says he's in better condition and health than at any time in the last five years. And in the Eastern Conference, his veteran presence could change the balance of power and be a major influence in the playoffs.

Source: Chicago Tribune

=======================

Rumor Milwaukee GM focusing on final stretch
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 9:41 am EST

Larry Harris, the Milwaukee Bucks general manager, said Thursday he was focusing on the last 29 games of the season and not on the job status of coach Terry Stotts.

Harris wants to see how a healthier Bucks roster will fare during the final stretch of the season.

"I haven't really thought about it," Harris said. "Terry and I have been targeting toward getting Michael Redd back at full strength and making a final push to the playoffs. Terry and I are on the same page with that agenda."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

=======================

Rumor Fortson staying in Seattle
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 9:28 am EST

Seattle SuperSonics forward Danny Fortson said management has told him he won't be traded by next week's deadline.

"I had a meeting with the GM (Rick Sund) and I am pretty much going to be here," Fortson said. "Do I want to go somewhere or be somewhere where I could help a playoff team? Of course, but I'm not the general manager."

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

=======================

Rumor Pacers looking to deal in Vegas
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 9:18 am EST

Despite having pulled off the biggest trade of the season last month, the Indiana Pacers are still looking to improve their roster.

Team president Larry Bird and senior vice president David Morway will be in Las Vegas with other general managers during All-Star weekend.

"We'll look for trades," said Pacers' CEO Donnie Walsh. "I kind of know what we need, but I don't know what's out there for us to get. But, yeah, we're still looking."

Source: Indianapolis Star

=======================

Rumor Brown won't replace Cheeks
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 9:07 am EST

Since Larry Brown rejoined the Philadelphia 76ers in an advisory role, speculation has been that he eventually will replace Maurice Cheeks as coach. Don't bet on it, according to team president Billy King.

"I've been upfront, direct and honest with Mo from Day One about this," King said. "I talked to him about it, and Larry has talked to him about it. Mo's picked his brain a few times since he's come back as a matter of fact. Mo is our coach."

Source: Washington Times

=======================

Rumor Denver may seek guard
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 8:55 am EST

Denver Nuggets coach George Karl said the team might seek backcourt help by next week's trade deadline.

"Something in the backcourt would be interesting," said Karl, who indicated the team isn't likely to make a big deal but could "tinker a bit. We need to shoot the ball better. Point guard minutes, backup minutes, we're wearing guys out right now."

With Allen Iverson having missed eight of nine games because of a sprained ankle, Steve Blake has been the only true point guard available.

Source: Rocky Mountain News

=======================

Rumor Grizzlies' Atkins to Pistons a long shot
Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 11:09 am EST
Memphis Grizzlies' guard Chucky Atkins may be the kind of perimeter player the Detroit Pistons are looking for but chances of getting him are a long shot.

Detroit has inquired several times about him but Grizzlies President Jerry West wants to hang on to Atkins in case he needs to use his salary in a bigger deal.

Source: Detroit News

=======================

Rumor Sixers not moving Miller
Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 10:52 am EST

The Philadelphia 76ers are pleased enough with the improved play point guard Andre Miller has brought to the team since coming over from the Denver Nuggets in the Allen Iverson trade that Billy King, team president and general manager, said Tuesday that "Andre is not being traded."

King also said the team will "probably not" make any moves before next week's trade deadline.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

=======================

Rumor Gooden, Patterson, or Artest to Knicks?
Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 10:31 am EST

The New York Knicks could move to acquire Cleveland Cavaliers' power forward Drew Gooden, or possibly small forwards Ruben Patterson of the Milwaukee Bucks or Sacramento Kings' Ron Artest.

A potential Gooden deal could include Knicks' forward Channing Frye and other players for salary cap purposes. Gooden would give the Knicks a rugged power forward who can guard big men.

Patterson and Artest are intriguing, but the Knicks have two small forwards who are virtually impossible to move, Quentin Richardson and Jared Jefferies.

Source: New York Daily News

=======================

Rumor Kidd to LA 'extremely remote'
Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 10:20 am EST

A source with knowledge of the situation said it was "extremely remote" that a trade would take place between the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Jersey Nets involving Jason Kidd.

Kidd is a particular favorite of Nets' owner Bruce Ratner and would not be traded unless he went to Ratner and asked to be move, an unlikely scenario, the source said.

Source: Los Angeles Times

LINK
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-16-07, 10:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
=======================

Rumor Denver may seek guard
Friday, Feb 16, 2007 8:55 am EST

Denver Nuggets coach George Karl said the team might seek backcourt help by next week's trade deadline.

"Something in the backcourt would be interesting," said Karl, who indicated the team isn't likely to make a big deal but could "tinker a bit. We need to shoot the ball better. Point guard minutes, backup minutes, we're wearing guys out right now."

With Allen Iverson having missed eight of nine games because of a sprained ankle, Steve Blake has been the only true point guard available.

Source: Rocky Mountain News

=======================
The JR Smith saga redux? Beno for Smith?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-16-07, 10:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pacers' CEO Donnie Walsh. "I kind of know what we need, but I don't know what's out there for us to get.

That's what you want to hear from your GM.
3.) I will never, in any situation, argue when I can discuss
Old 02-16-07, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek View Post
The JR Smith saga redux? Beno for Smith?
The fight in MSG is all I needed to see to be glad that we didn't trade for him.
Old 02-17-07, 12:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
Pacers' CEO Donnie Walsh. "I kind of know what we need, but I don't know what's out there for us to get.

That's what you want to hear from your GM.
Don't kid yourself; Donnie Walsh is one of the shrewdest men in the NBA.