News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-16-07, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Usa Today: Ride 'em Spurs

By David DuPree, USA TODAY
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...st-notes_x.htm

The San Antonio Spurs finished their annual rodeo road trip at 4-4 with back-to-back victories at New Jersey on Tuesday and Detroit on Wednesday. Each season the Spurs are kicked out of their home arena for the rodeo and are faced with a lengthy road trip.
The rodeo road trips began in the 2002-03 season, and this season is the worst record the Spurs have had on it. They were 6-2 last season, 5-2 in 2004-05, 6-1 in 2003-04 and 8-1 in 2002-03.

"This is going to make it a lot easier to enjoy the (All-Star) break," guard Manu Ginobili said. "I would have rather gone 6-2 on the trip, but with the way we've been playing, and (after) we started 2-4, going 4-4 is pretty good."

Though the Spurs go into the All-Star break with a 35-18 record, fourth best in the league, they don't feel they are playing at their usual high level.

"It's not that we are playing bad. We're just very irregular," said Ginobili, who gave up his starting spot at the beginning of the trip to give the beleaguered Spurs' bench a lift. "We're three or four games behind where we should be. It's just the fact that Phoenix and Dallas are playing so good and winning so many games it makes us look worse."

Ginobili has gotten used to being the one coach Gregg Popovich turns to when he wants to shake things up. He is quietly having one of his best seasons, averaging a career-high 16.7 points and shooting a career-best 40.6% (82-for-202) from three-point range.

"I think we've still got a lot of things to improve to be steady for a longer period of time," Ginobili said. "We know we can do it, but it's just not happening. We're trying to get everything fixed for when it counts the most."

Popovich said he sees improvement and isn't worried. "We've just been out of kilter for whatever reason," he said, "but I think we've turned the corner."
Old 02-16-07, 01:55 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

I HOPE THEY HAVE TURNED the corner.... I hope they did.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-16-07, 05:04 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Old 02-16-07, 05:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
Is it just me.......or has Pop been saying "I think we've turned the corner" for the last month or so?

Spurs' Coach Greg Popvich is seen here turning the latest corner.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-16-07, 06:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
Is it just me.......or has Pop been saying "I think we've turned the corner" for the last month or so?
Hey now, let's be fair, some corners are longer than others. Maybe it's should be more like a "bend" than a "corner", anyway.
Old 02-17-07, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

so manu is having his best season yet?.....i guess pop was right in saying manu is back to his all-star self. i didnt realize he was playing this well (probably due to the teams recent play)

just wait till the playoffs start when he turns it up along with TD. remember last year was a bad year for him yet what he did in the playoffs was super manu like...except for that foul of course. oh well i guess we'll have to wait to see how this year goes.

Go Spurs!!!