LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-07, 02:16 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Joe Johnson To Replace Kidd On All-Star Team

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...all_star_team/

Joe Johnson To Replace Kidd On All-Star Team
14th February, 2007 - 2:29 pm
Press Release -
The NBA announced today that Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson will represent the Eastern Conference at the 2007 NBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 18. Johnson is Atlanta’s first All-Star since Shareef Abdur-Rahim was named to the midseason classic in 2002.

“I’m happy and excited to be named to the Eastern Conference team,” Johnson said. “Obviously, I’m looking forward to my first All-Star experience. It’s a tremendous honor and accomplishment for me, my coaches, teammates and the organization.”

“This is great news for Joe and our organization,” Hawks head coach Mike Woodson said. “He’s put himself in this position by playing like an All-Star all season long. We feel he’s one of the top players in the league,

and this selection validates it. He’s my first All-Star player as a coach and I hope he has a great time, and takes home wonderful memories.” [READ]