News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-13-07, 07:31 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Will Beno be traded next?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b....790e5af2.html

My favorite Spur is Beno Udrih. Why do you think he doesn’t get the playing time he deserves? And what do you think his chances are for remaining a Spur next year? –Tara, Callicoon, N.Y.

I’m not even sure Beno’s going to remain a Spur by the end of next week, so I’m not going to bother speculating on next season.

When I asked Pop about his no-trades statement a couple of weeks ago, he said the team might still deal one of its peripheral players. And judging from Beno’s seat on the end of the bench these days, he’s about as peripheral as you can get.

As for your first question, there are some who would argue Beno is getting the playing time he deserves. When he was receiving a steady diet of 15 or so minutes a night, he didn’t do much with them.

In defense of Beno, Pop hasn’t done much to help his confidence. It took less than a week of training camp for Pop to call him the team’s “fourth point guard” and he hasn’t exactly been emailing him daily kudos since.

There’s no question Beno is skilled. I’m just not sure he’s a Pop-type player.
Old 02-13-07, 07:33 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I hope so

Beno is the worst Spurs player this season
Old 02-13-07, 07:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

he needs to go. He hasn't done anything for the spurs in 1.5 seasons (longer if you count the 2nd half of his rookie season, i.e the playoffs).

right now, he's a failed project
Old 02-13-07, 07:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

trade this guy now! for some reason, announcers love this guy! hubie brown, the philly guys. there must be some fool of a gm (danny ainge? tank more games?) who would take him. i have no clue what they see, but who cares!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-07, 08:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Maybe we should deal with Boston, they like sucky young players
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-07, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
Maybe we should deal with Boston, they like sucky young players
Boston has a lot of PGs, Delonte, Telfair and Rondo

Maybe the Spurs can get something

Celtics is in a huge losing streak
Old 02-13-07, 10:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i think we can get a liter of big red and three packs of wacky packages for beno
Old 02-13-07, 10:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjv View Post
i think we can get a liter of big red and three packs of wacky packages for beno
SOLD!
Old 02-13-07, 10:26 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinswes View Post
trade this guy now! for some reason, announcers love this guy! hubie brown, the philly guys. there must be some fool of a gm (danny ainge? tank more games?) who would take him. i have no clue what they see, but who cares!
I HAVE NO CLUE what they see in this guy.... NONE. I see him rush quick shots when we have numbers or shoot a stupid jumper quickly with time on the clock and brick it. He will get a rebound and fumble it outta bounds too, that or turn it over. He does nothing out there as far as I have seen, my least favorite of this group by far.

Quote:
Shoot I would trade him for some beeer That would not be bad at all.

My favorite Spur is Beno Udrih. Why do you think he doesn’t get the playing time he deserves? And what do you think his chances are for remaining a Spur next year? –Tara, Callicoon, N.Y.

^^^^^^^^ BTW what is that his cousin or a girl he knows? HOw is that anyones favorite Spur without any bias? GOD I feel sorry if that is your favorite Spur, you know your taste in players LOST when he is your fave.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 02-13-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-13-07, 10:29 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Today he had 8 pts (4of 4) and 2 asists in 8 minutes.
Old 02-13-07, 10:36 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Today he had 8 pts (4of 4) and 2 asists in 8 minutes.
Delusion, fools gold He won't surge or keep that up! GOOD for us though if he can for a few games, that would mean a trade would look better. I hope he can do it another game or so come to think of it, to help us win and get traded for someone we need.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 02-13-07, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I thought Beno showed a lot of promise his rookie year, but then came the Detroit series and things have gone downhill quickly for this guy. The other thing is that Beno is just one of those guys who doesn't seem to want to get better. Charlie Parker voiced a lot of my opinions on Beno on the radio post game rewind show, he said that Beno is a guy who is happy sitting on the bench, clubbing and just having fun, not to worried about his game at all.
Old 02-13-07, 11:32 PM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Delusion, fools gold He won't surge or keep that up! GOOD for us though if he can for a few games, that would mean a trade would look better. I hope he can do it another game or so come to think of it, to help us win and get traded for someone we need.
Yeah - where did that come from tonight? If had consistently done that all season, our record would be better by probably 5 games at least. There were several leads lost this season because of Beno's bad shots and turnovers. Notice that when he got those numbers tonight that Vaughn was still on the court most of the time running the offense.

Old 02-13-07, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil View Post

Picture Delonte West as a Spur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff View Post
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b....790e5af2.html

Tara is probably not getting too many televised spurs games up there. And she's delusional.
Old 02-14-07, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Ive said it before but Beno is by far my least favorite Spur to ever get minutes in the rotation in my 14 years as a Spurs fan. I feel like he brings absolutely nothing to the game except a limitless amount of confidence and energy for the opposition when they see him enter the game. I also feel like when Tony gets taken out for Beno, the collective morale of all Spurs fans and players and personell drops, including Beno's.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 02-14-07, 01:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It seems to me that Beno falls into that "tweener" catagory. He "should" be a pg, but lacks the decision making/speed/ballhandling, etc. to be effective at it. His best games comes with another pg running the show (most recently Vaughn) and he can play as a spot up 2 ala Barry. Need to trade him to a team with a "big" pg and use this logic to sell them on it.
Old 02-14-07, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:

I don't think the Celtics really care about the losing streak. At this point -- they want to go for the first pick that they missed out on in 97.
Old 02-14-07, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
Yeah - where did that come from tonight? If had consistently done that all season, our record would be better by probably 5 games at least. There were several leads lost this season because of Beno's bad shots and turnovers. Notice that when he got those numbers tonight that Vaughn was still on the court most of the time running the offense.
I like Beno being out there as a SG..... he does well with Tony or Vaughn making the decisions... Keep in mind Pop once said Beno was the best shooter on the team (and yes Barry was there)... Beno's also the best passer we have... He's just lost his confidence, and makes horrible decisions and throws up bad shots during games........ Keep him in like Barry as a SG and "just let him play" without having to think too much.
Old 02-14-07, 02:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Beno doesn't help his cause when he's out almost every night on the town getting drunk.
Old 02-14-07, 02:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Beno in rookie season = solid
Beno in sophomore season = looked like unused trump card
Beno in 3rd season = so inconsistant its awful

So yeah maybe he died last year because this year he's been so inconsistant. Its bothersome that not only are Horry, Finley and Barry getting minutes but now Jacque Vaughn is too and thats just way too many old men out there.

Can we trade to the University of Texas for DJ Augustin?
Old 02-14-07, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSFAN317 View Post
Beno doesn't help his cause when he's out almost every night on the town getting drunk.
Does he really party that much?
Old 02-14-07, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Out of all the Spurs players this person's favorite is Beno?!? I don't get it.

Old 02-14-07, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toki9 View Post
Does he really party that much?
friend of mine has seen him out at clubs drunk at least 4 times this season
Old 02-14-07, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Wow...that's really poor for someone who's been riding the pine all season...
Old 02-14-07, 07:51 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
I'd be getting drunk too if my coach were in my head as much as Pop is.
Old 02-14-07, 08:07 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Beno is weak. Pop was much harder on TP and Manu and they never quit like Beno
Old 02-14-07, 10:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Beno is weak. Pop was much harder on TP and Manu and they never quit like Beno
remember when pop used to kick antonio daniel's and malik's ass every game?
Old 02-14-07, 10:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

If I had my druthers, I'd push Beno toward Golden State. Nelly loves those Euros who can shoot but can't spell defense. Plus, anyone on the Warriors 2nd five would be better for us than Beno. He hasn't been an asset since his buddy Rasho got traded!
Old 02-15-07, 10:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow...and to think 2 years ago there were constantly about 2 "Beno is the man" threads on the first page.
Old 02-15-07, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Didn't we have threads saying Beno should surpass parker?
Old 02-15-07, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R View Post
Didn't we have threads saying Beno should surpass parker?
Actually, we had threads saying that Beno had Nash-like potential...

I remember people jumping at me when I laughed at it...
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 02-15-07, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

My oh my, how the mighty have fallen...
Old 02-15-07, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Too bad, unless the unexpected happens his days as a Spur will soon be over.
Old 02-15-07, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkman View Post
Too bad, unless the unexpected happens his days as a Spur will soon be over.
The "unexpected" would be the Spurs actually finding someone to take him. Barring that his days as a Spur are sadly going to continue.
Old 02-15-07, 04:19 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
That would be me if I had that dough and in the NBA (WAIT I do that anyways) Except you would see me more than 4 times out on the town . I would also try harder and play smarter than he does though, he just doesn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy7 View Post
My oh my, how the mighty have fallen...
Beno was mighty at one point????? I hope you don't mean our Spurs

Quote:
His drunk episodes probably make him see Pop in his head more often going to bed at night, he hears Pops voice yelling while passing out drunk every night.... He needs therapy for what Pop has done to him
Old 02-15-07, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

...and a man purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
I HAVE NO CLUE what they see in this guy.... NONE. I see him rush quick shots when we have numbers or shoot a stupid jumper quickly with time on the clock and brick it. He will get a rebound and fumble it outta bounds too, that or turn it over. He does nothing out there as far as I have seen, my least favorite of this group by far.

Shoot I would trade him for some beeer That would not be bad at all.

^^^^^^^^ BTW what is that his cousin or a girl he knows? HOw is that anyones favorite Spur without any bias? GOD I feel sorry if that is your favorite Spur, you know your taste in players LOST when he is your fave.

Only because Rasho's gone...
Old 02-15-07, 09:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06 View Post
Actually, we had threads saying that Beno had Nash-like potential...

I remember people jumping at me when I laughed at it...

SWEET KICKS!
Old 02-15-07, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
A few points.
She is in NY, where players who suck are the standard.

If she is to get to the point of her dream of becoming a proffessional player is to come to fruition, she needs to find someone as bad as her, she is clearly thinking "If he can make it, and make it for a top team while having a handbag (manbag), no defensive ability and shoots like a girl, I can make it too"
Old 02-15-07, 10:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Oberto+Beno for Atkins
C DUNCAN/ELSON
PF ELY/BONNER/HORRY
SF BOWEN/BARRY
SG MANU/FINLEY
PG TONY/ATKINS/VAUGHN
IR WHITE, BUTLER
Barry can play the backup 3 spot.
This roster makes me happy.

Someday......
Old 02-15-07, 10:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Barry as the backup 3?? That doesn't make me happy, backup pg fine, but 3, no way
Old 02-15-07, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Memphis would be smart to deal Atkins to us... By the Grizzlies getting Beno and Oberto and playing them a lot -- it would solidify their hold on one of the top lottery picks.
Old 02-16-07, 12:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

CHUCKY ATKINS??

The Spurs are already have one undersized 30+ year old point guard in Vaughn. To get two and giving up a BIG MAN even if it is Oberto in return. Thats terrible wow. I'd rather get Kyle Lowry from Memphis.
Old 02-16-07, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity View Post
CHUCKY ATKINS??

The Spurs are already have one undersized 30+ year old point guard in Vaughn. To get two and giving up a BIG MAN even if it is Oberto in return. Thats terrible wow. I'd rather get Kyle Lowry from Memphis.
thats what i was thinking when i saw CHUCKY ATKINS.

id like......now dont kill me for this....to see if spurs could deal for SPEEDY CLAXTON or BOBBY JACKSON.
Old 02-16-07, 04:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

We need a rebounding small forward.
If we are going to get Pietrus, send Oberto and Beno.
But not for Atkins.
Old 02-16-07, 04:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We should sucker the Rockets into giving us a Chuck Hayes. He's exactly the kind of tough and tumble, defense-first kind of guy that the Spurs need to back up Bowen and hit the glass.