News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-23-06, 08:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Done with FA's?

With two new big men, are the Spurs done with roster moves untill camp opens?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-06, 08:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We have 14 players with guaranteed contracts, so we are probably done with FA's..we will probably sign someone from the summer league & wait until August to see if we can possibly make a trade with EWill being the bait.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-06, 09:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

hopefully they can work out some trade in August involving EWill, maybe Barry, or even Scola's rights. Who knows what might be planned, they might just be waiting for the August deadline to do something with EWill. I just haven't heard or read much about him being in San Antonio. There's been alot about Bonner, but not much on EWill. Thought that was kinda odd.

Last edited by spurs/gators33; 07-23-06 at 09:53 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 07-23-06, 10:06 PM
SpursReport Rookie

so what's the point of telling him to stay home? Are they bringing him over eventually or are they just going to get rid of him? just find it interesting, and I really would like to know more.
Old 07-23-06, 10:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That's a shame about EWill...I really liked his game when he played for the Celts. He could play both forward spots, great hustle guy, he could guard 3 or 4 positions (depending on matchups), and was a strong rebounder. I would take anything the Raps say about him with a grain of salt considering he barely saw the floor after having some personal disagreements. Maybe he will find some of his earlier talent this season and help us out.
Old 07-23-06, 10:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

that's kinda what I thought, that he didn't have much left in the tank. Seems like the guy they really wanted in the Rasho trade was Bonner, EWill was just tossed in to make it line up financially.
Old 07-23-06, 10:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

very true. I stand corrected. getting rid of Rasho's waste of a contract was definitely the driving point. Getting some expiring contracts in return also helped.
Old 07-24-06, 12:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Next person that calls Eric Williams "EWill" needs to get smacked.

The Spurs next move is most likely a trade. If not their next signing might be adding one of the players from the Training Camp/Preseason roster.
Old 07-24-06, 01:20 AM
SpursReport Rookie

EWill

if he won't
EWill if he will.
The only thing i want to see get smacked are the Mavs.
Old 07-24-06, 07:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Deity
Next person that calls Eric Williams "EWill" needs to get smacked.
Nice, unprovoked psychotic episode, DDeity...
Old 07-24-06, 09:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

seriously though... "ewill" sounds like something an online estate planner would get you to sign.