News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-20-06, 08:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Roster Question

Just a quick question on Rosters. If Elson comes here how many people do we have on our roster, including the reserve list. Can someone list them all in case I'm forgetting anyone. All rosters I found are current as of last year or include marks. Also is there anyone in the summer league who has a real shot at making it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-20-06, 08:49 AM
SpursReport Rookie

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58641 (What about this Line Up?)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-20-06, 09:02 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmengd
Just a quick question on Rosters. If Elson comes here how many people do we have on our roster, including the reserve list. Can someone list them all in case I'm forgetting anyone. All rosters I found are current as of last year or include marks. Also is there anyone in the summer league who has a real shot at making it?
I think the roster is still a work in progress. Whether Elson signs on or not, the Spurs might still pull off a trade of some sort. I.E., Milwaukee might get more desperate as time wears on to trade Magloirie. If somebody from the summer league really looks good enough to help the team win, then I suspect they'll find a way to keep 'em. I haven't seen any of those games, you think somebody there could help us?
Old 07-20-06, 09:03 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Elson would make 14.

Tony, Beno, Vaughn
Manu, Barry
Bowen, Finley
Duncan, Horry, Bonner, Williams
Butler, Oberto, Elson

That leaves one spot for Sanders, Melzer, Smith, any other summer league guy who might stick and any other league minimum pickups. Williams might get cut outright which would open up another spot.

Marks gets squeezed and won't be on the team next year.
Old 07-20-06, 09:07 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
13 players as of right now and I am not counting the 2 players on mostly non-guaranteed deals (make good contracts.)

Duncan
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Barry
Williams
Horry
Finley
Oberto
Beno
Bonner
Butler
Vaughn
Old 07-20-06, 09:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
13 players as of right now and I am not counting the 2 players on mostly non-guaranteed deals (make good contracts.)

Duncan
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Barry
Williams
Horry
Finley
Oberto
Beno
Bonner
Butler
Vaughn

well plus Elson after today, possibably. SO that would be 14. We are allowed 15 players right? And if Williams gets cut, do you see us having 2 summer leaguers? are there 2 worth having if we dont sign any other FA?
Old 07-20-06, 09:26 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Melzer might have a shot to stick because he's an athletic SF, and if the Spurs do cut Williams I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs bring in one more center if they can nab one for league minimum.
Old 07-20-06, 09:31 AM
SpursReport Rookie

EWill is trade bait because of his expiring contract. I would think the Spurs would trade him if they can during the season and then maybe get a better player. Or maybe sign a better FA next summer.
Old 07-20-06, 09:31 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
well plus Elson after today, possibably. SO that would be 14. We are allowed 15 players right? And if Williams gets cut, do you see us having 2 summer leaguers? are there 2 worth having if we dont sign any other FA?
15 is the total, but the Spurs usually just like to carry 13-14 contracts.
If the Spurs don't trade Williams before camp I suspect they'll keep him on the roster unless he is the one that wants out for personal reasons.
I doubt the Spurs keep two "summer leaguers" as you called them. One will either make the team or neither one and they sign someone else during camp. Teams have until January to decide to keep these type players or cut them. If they keep them past that January deadline their contracts become fully guaranteed for the rest of the season.
Old 07-20-06, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
15 is the total, but the Spurs usually just like to carry 13-14 contracts.
If the Spurs don't trade Williams before camp I suspect they'll keep him on the roster unless he is the one that wants out for personal reasons.
I doubt the Spurs keep two "summer leaguers" as you called them. One will either make the team or neither one and they sign someone else during camp. Teams have until January to decide to keep these type players or cut them. If they keep them past that January deadline their contracts become fully guaranteed for the rest of the season.

Ok guess summer leaguers was politically incorrect I guess, I just felt bad saying scrubs.