News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-14-06, 08:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Is Dirk Nowitizki..... god???

because judging by this messageboard, if I never seen him play, I'd think so.

In every free-agent thread, someone is always bringing up Dirk. Oh my god we don't have anybody to guard Dirkblah blah blah(Do they or anyone have someone who can guard Tim?).

The same guy that got his shot rejected(every other game) by a 6'3 guard?? The same guy who was badly intimidated and shook up by Alonzo Mourning?? What is up with spursreport nowadays?

We were 1 play/miss call away from our destiny and fans are acting like we got swept and Dirk averaged like 70ppg.

So I ask the question, is Dirk GOD??Allah??Buddah??etc?
Old 07-14-06, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

God would never listen to Hasselhoff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-06, 08:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dirk is good, but not God...the refs did give him divine treatment though.
Old 07-14-06, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Its not even like he's exceptionally fast either, we just had a slow and immobile frontcourt that couldnt guard him effectively. Not to mention, he's only "unguardable" when the refs are calling fouls everytime he touches the ball, which I dont think is/will become the norm.

Personally, I think its Howard and the Mavs quick backcourt that we need to defend better. Dirk can only score so much, its even worse when their backup PG is breaking down our defense, etc.

Last edited by SCdac; 07-14-06 at 08:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-06, 08:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

you for got about when many justified the "small ball" cause dirk would have killed us even more than he did without nazr & rasho. or tim shouldn't guard him cause he would foul out or get into foul trouble and not play big minutes.

he was never respected sooooo much by posters in previous years, you notice ?
Old 07-14-06, 08:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinskillz

In every free-agent thread, someone is always bringing up Dirk. Oh my god we don't have anybody to guard Dirkblah blah blah(Do they or anyone have someone who can guard Tim?).

The same guy that got his shot rejected(every other game) by a 6'3 guard?? The same guy who was badly intimidated and shook up by Alonzo Mourning?? What is up with spursreport nowadays?

We were 1 play/miss call away from our destiny and fans are acting like we got swept and Dirk averaged like 70ppg.

Is it a sin to be concerned abuot players on teams who are good, MVP-caliber players? I mean, should we have not signed Bruce Bowen because Kobe ain't all that?
And it's not just Dirk, it's Shawn Marion and Rashard Lewis that are kind of the new breed of versitile big men that the Spurs are trying to match up against.
Are Spurs players the only ones who deserved to be praised? When other players are praised, we view that praise as straight-up diety worship?
Old 07-14-06, 08:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

don't you get his point carnac ?
Old 07-14-06, 08:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

what do you think GOD thinks of your question..?

give respect where respect is due.. ridiculous.
Old 07-14-06, 11:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

I was about to make a similar thread but you already beat me to it. I was about to say that Dirk should change his name to Dirk David Robinson in here because the way people describe him you would tkae he was the second comming of Drob. Its the same crap in here just about everyday Dirk is way too fast to guard so the spurs can't ever play big against him. I just think he gets way too much respect. The guy played great against the spurs mainly for 2 reason one was because of all the touch fouls he got in his favor and second was the failure of Pop to get Nazr and Rasho to diss out hard fouls on Dirk by playing them come on that would have been 12 fouls that would have broken him down. Also I wouldn't say Haslem is this quick mobile guy considering that he got his ass kicked a year ago by Rasheed Wallace in the ECF who in my book is more athlethic then Dirk David Robinson.

The only thing Haslem did special was give Dirk hard fouls go watch the first few games he was picking up fouls quickly on Dirk but made it point to diss out all hard fouls that eventually forced the ***** to revert back to his old self wich was shooting jumpshots. Plus the refs eventually gave Haslem leeway to play physical after the first two games when they got the message he wasn't going to stop playing Dirk physical regardless of the quick fouls being called.

The one thing I"m happy about having Elson is that we have a guy who will knock the sh1t out of this chump a few times during a game. I have a gut feeling but I don't think the spurs are going to play small ball ever again if they meet the mavs up in the playofs. I think the reason for the moves to get Elson and Butler other then them being cheaper then Nazr/Rasho was because both guys are physical players willing to diss out the hard foul and factor that in you have 12 hard fouls that Pop will actually use during a game to intimidate and slow down Dirk. Dirk is a ***** you give him hard fouls play him phsyical and he won't drive to the hole. Miami exploited that with Haslem and ZO just hammering him.

Dirk is a overatted ***** but everybody in her fears him like he's mix between David Robinson and Larry Bird.
Old 07-14-06, 11:46 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsf
you for got about when many justified the "small ball" cause dirk would have killed us even more than he did without nazr & rasho. or tim shouldn't guard him cause he would foul out or get into foul trouble and not play big minutes.

he was never respected sooooo much by posters in previous years, you notice ?

It's all about SR posters' homerism complex. They've to justify what Pop did during the Spurs/Mavs series that's why they try their best to overrate Dirk's impact. To be consistent, they now have to keep doing that.
Old 07-14-06, 11:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It would have been cool if Rasho and Nazr could have dished out some hard fouls on Dirk. About the only way they could have done so is stick their foot out from the bench and trip him when he was running by. I do think Dirk does reserve respect because he's a top player in the league. And sure, if Elson throws him around some, cool.
Old 07-14-06, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson50

It's all about SR posters' homerism complex. They've to justify what Pop did during the Spurs/Mavs series that's why they try their best to overrate Dirk's impact. To be consistent, they now have to keep doing that.
I agree hundred percent on that with you. I just have to laugh at times how Dirk David Robinson gets way too much hype in here. This is the same guy who used to struggle against Chris Webber's great defense in the playoffs. The same guy who got checked pretty well by Hedo Turkoglue during the '03 playoffs during a 7 game series. The same guy who botched up in OT against the suns during game 6 last year by playing out of control and taking stupid shots. Dirk David Robinson benefitted from the touch fouls through out the playoffs thats why he looked a lot better then he did. The Heat took out Dirk mainly because of Riley ball which is continue to foul hard on every possesion to the point where you dare and pressure the refs to call every single foul which eventually results in them swalloing the whistles. Dirk instantly became a girl throughout that series because of the Heats physical play against him. Go watch the the tapes and see the fouls they game him I remember one play where ZO blocked him hard and then rammed his elbow in the girls chest. That pretty much marked the end of Dirk driving to the hoop on every possesion.
Old 07-14-06, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He's not God, but the refs mistake him for Thor
"You know you're lucky you're good at...my...or I'll never put up with you. You know what I'm talking about when you...a lubed up...of toothpaste...in my...while you...on a cherry...Episcopalian...extension cord...wetness...with a parking ticket. That is the best!"
Old 07-15-06, 12:09 AM
SpursReport Team Member

well, to defend us that say "someone to guard dirk" at least me, this is why i say that....

i want someone to guard dirk b/c when we go small ball to guard dirk, we get hammered on the boards and give up lots of offensive rebounds while we never get any. The main reason i want a big to be able to guard dirk, is so that we can get some BOARDS!!! even more so that the refs(which was a big factor!!) i think we lost the series b/c of our inability to rebound b/c of our size, or lack thereof.

oh, ps, dirk sucks, hes a chocke artist, like mcnabb
Old 07-15-06, 12:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakemxcan
well, to defend us that say "someone to guard dirk" at least me, this is why i say that....

i want someone to guard dirk b/c when we go small ball to guard dirk, we get hammered on the boards and give up lots of offensive rebounds while we never get any. The main reason i want a big to be able to guard dirk, is so that we can get some BOARDS!!! even more so that the refs(which was a big factor!!) i think we lost the series b/c of our inability to rebound b/c of our size, or lack thereof.

oh, ps, dirk sucks, hes a chocke artist, like mcnabb
The spurs had two big bodies in Rasho and Nazr who could have guarded Dirk but people will make it out like Dirk was David Robinson and would have blown by them easily. I think at the start of the game he would have gotten his but eventually due to those two guys banging on his body throughout the game he would have broken down by midway through the third quarter or start of the 4th much like he did with Haslem hammering his body hard throughout the game. What happened was Pop didn't trust them and decided to go the small ball route.
Old 07-15-06, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
The spurs had two big bodies in Rasho and Nazr who could have guarded Dirk but people will make it out like Dirk was David Robinson and would have blown by them easily. I think at the start of the game he would have gotten his but eventually due to those two guys banging on his body throughout the game he would have broken down by midway through the third quarter or start of the 4th much like he did with Haslem hammering his body hard throughout the game. What happened was Pop didn't trust them and decided to go the small ball route.
true, but i guess we need someone pop thinks can guard him and get boards!!! i think rasho would have been smoked by dirk, but i think narz would have done a good job on him i mean, we should NEVER let one player, no matter how good, dictate who we play. Last year amare was tearing us up but we still put narz out there and we got lots of boards that way, even with the suns smaller lineup he was out there
Old 07-15-06, 12:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

i also think that if robert horry would have been healthy, the series would have been COMPLETELY different, he would have gotten major minutes guarding dork and i think he would have done a pretty good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later

Blazinskill did you not see vhat I did to
vat stationary bike vat did not beleeve
I vas a GOD?
Tread softy my little inertnet friend!

Sincerely,
Dirky-poo
hahahahahaha thats the funniest thing ive seen all day!!!(well, were only 18 minutes into it, but you get the point)
Old 07-15-06, 12:27 AM
MomBear

oh brother... :eyes
Old 07-15-06, 12:29 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
????

Horry WAS healthy.

Horry didn't play because pop chose not to play anyone not named Duncan or over 6'8" or over age 30.
horry wasnt completely healthy he had back and abdomen problems throughout the playoffs

oh, haha, he played nick van exel!!! hes like 50 years old!!(exageration alert!!)
Old 07-15-06, 12:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I am hoping Melzer works out because of his long wingspan for a SF. dirk is very guardable if a team doesn't mind eating fouls. Melzer could be a good rebounder due to his length. Elson and Butler would be good bangers who will make the opposition feel the fouls, whether it is dirk, Amare or whoever.

This is why I am not unhappy about the Spurs moves. We may end up with three players (vs one) that can help make us versatile in our lineups and matchups.

Last edited by curiousspirit; 07-15-06 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-15-06, 02:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

If Stern and Co. decide Dirk is god (e.g. see '06 playoffs) then Dirk is god.
Old 07-15-06, 03:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

hes the greek god of hasellhoff
Old 07-15-06, 08:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't think God would have choked for 4 straight games in the finals, he might be the devil... God would not have beat up a stationary bike. I remember when the Spurs beat the Suns last year with Amare, he was unstopable, so they let him get his and stop everyone else, and trust me-Dirk is no Amare in his prime. I just hope he chokes on his roasted duck with the mango sause.
Old 07-15-06, 10:41 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Old 07-15-06, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy7
I don't think God would have choked for 4 straight games in the finals, he might be the devil... God would not have beat up a stationary bike. I remember when the Spurs beat the Suns last year with Amare, he was unstopable, so they let him get his and stop everyone else, and trust me-Dirk is no Amare in his prime. I just hope he chokes on his roasted duck with the mango sause.
Yup it always boggles my mind that Pop couldn't have put Nazr on Dirk when he put Nazr on a super ultra athlete in Amare a year earlier and lived with Amare getting nearly 40 every game. Dirk is no where in Amare's league when it comes athlethic ability but for some reason Dirk was too quick for Nazr even though Nazr guarded Amare who is more athlethic a year earlier. It just doesn't make any sense logically. Like one poster said earlier the way you beat Dirk is you have to live with eating up fouls but you have got to play him physical like Miami did or he's going to have it to easy. Even Nazr couldn't even contain Dirk I would still liked to go with it because I still don't Dirk can consistently carry a team for 48 minuts every game like Amare was able to do in every game against the spurs. You let Dirk get his for 3 quarter with single coverage and then start double teaming him like crazy in the 4th and dare there shooters to make shots but the shooters will be out sink since they haven't gotten open looks all game with Dirk taking all the shots.