News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-06, 06:27 PM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

An extra set of eyes, security guard groupies

An extra set of eyes

Besides providing security, NBA bodyguards have taken on additional roles in the wake of Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case.

According to a GQ story on NBA groupies, some players are asking friends or bodyguards to stand in and watch any bedroom activities that might take place on the road.

That way, should an accusation surface, a witness can help sort out the truth. For the players, writer Lisa DePaulo points out, this "isn't just kinky, it's smart business."

As for which men the groupies most adore? They prefer the bad boys, the Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace types.

"We like a guy who's hard on the court," one groupie said. "I never hear women oohing and ahhing over Kobe, because he's a punk. He's soft."

Dwyane Wade?

"A cutie, but not all women are turned on by the Christian thing."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...710.html?mamba
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-06, 06:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yea, girls like that and christian beliefs don't go together.

This is ridiculous. Tell me that having a body guard or a friend that is an obviously biased party is going to lend any more credibility to this whole process. If they are worried about potential lawsuits or rape allegations then they should do one of two things: 1)abstain (especially the many ones that are already married) or 2) do the written contract consenting to relations and foregoing all possible civil complaints (minus paternity b/c it is voided as a matter of public policy) and they should video tape the consent form to prove that there was no coercion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-06, 08:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd98
Yea, girls like that and christian beliefs don't go together.

This is ridiculous. Tell me that having a body guard or a friend that is an obviously biased party is going to lend any more credibility to this whole process. If they are worried about potential lawsuits or rape allegations then they should do one of two things: 1)abstain (especially the many ones that are already married) or 2) do the written contract consenting to relations and foregoing all possible civil complaints (minus paternity b/c it is voided as a matter of public policy) and they should video tape the consent form to prove that there was no coercion.
man, think of the guys who are doing this--I read that article, and if you saw those girls--damn, someone would have to be desperate to hook up with them-that's all I can say...