News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-08-06, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Rookie

salary cap opening

A BARRY FOR MALIK TRADE IS A NO-BRAINER. HE SHOOTS AS GOOD AS COLLINS FROM 15 FEET AWAY WIDE OPEN AND OF COURSE BETTER THAN OBERTO. He has two damn years left. Did you see the link? The contracts are identical and Barry is easily replaceable.

They need Malik to beat Dallas in 5 games. Without Malik they will have to win in 6 . Croshere, Van Horn possibly?, and Dirk up front is a nightmare for Tim Duncan and Horry on defense. Malik would not help that, but he would at least counter the roster Avery had this year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

By the way, I love Nazr, but Malik has better hands. And, he only won 2 championships to 0 for Collins. I guess that means nothing to you guys. PLAYOFF TESTED.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-06, 10:41 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm dubious that New York have a reason to accept this offer.
Old 07-08-06, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Malik has played horribly in NY and his game is on the decline. He won't be any better against Dirk than Horry. He is turnover prone and is too undersized. He was good a few years ago, but his time has passed. That is why he was relegated to the bench for the last few years while he was here. He's a nice guy and was a good Spur, but we are trying to get younger, not older.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-06, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Rookie

i agree with you

Barry along with Scola or Beno is what I meant. The Spurs could get a couple of second round picks back to make up for Scola, depending on what they think of him. Channing Frye is their best young player, and he is mentioned in 5 , at least 5 trade scenarios. So, why would they not want the best power forward with a back-to-basket game in Europe and world basketball that is?

Barry is a good chemistry fit for the other veterans actually. They probably would want Beno and Barry which actually, to correct myself, makes it an equal trade financially. That is fine with me. I hate Beno, but do not mind him back considering his experience and since Speedy and nobody else out left is better than him.
Old 07-08-06, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

By the way, I love Nazr, but Malik has better hands. And, he only won 2 championships to 0 for Collins. I guess that means nothing to you guys. PLAYOFF TESTED.[/quote]

This does not mean anything. If Collins were on the Spurs team during those years we won the championship, he would have a ring too. Nazr and Malik were fortunate, but not the reason we won the championship. By your logic, we should go get Doleac on Miami b/c he just won a championship, even though he didn't play a minute in the finals. Maybe we should trade Finley (no championship) for Derek Anderson, who now holds a championship ring. Some guys make the difference, and some guys just fill in minutes. We would have won all of our titles whether the starting center was Nazr, Malik, or Collins.
Old 07-08-06, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

your facts incorrect

when Tim's dad died in 2002, the Spurs were tied 2-2, I believe with Seatlle. I do not have the stats to prove it, but Malik played better than David and almost shockingly put up TD numbers. Then in San Antonio the Spurs won the final game, a game 5 or 7. The point is that he was on the worst run team in the league the past season, so you people who look at stats say he sucks.

Of course by that regard. He is not old either, really! A player that can perform in the situation I described above not that long ago is someone you should want on your team. EVEN OVER A EUROPEAN, NOT NBA, STAR LIKE Luis Scola
Old 07-08-06, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Actually, when a player goes to a bad team, he has a chance to pile up stats. See Atlanta- average players go there, get a lot of shots, boost up their stats, and then try and fool teams into signing them. See Stephen Jackson.

Malik is old, clearly older than we want to go. He is turnover prone. He is undersized. He can't get along w/ Pop. He was benched and never saw the light of day the last year he was here. Malik is 31 and undersized at 6'7 in tennis shoes. He may have had some good games in the past, but he is not our future. He also has no chance of defending Dirk.
Old 07-08-06, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'd take Barry over Malik. Sorry.
Old 07-08-06, 11:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Man says he's tired of being mistaken for MJ
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
FOXSports.com
Posted: 15 hours ago

A Portland, Ore. man has filed a lawsuit for $832 million, saying he is tired of being mistaken for Michael Jordan, according to KGW-TV.

The television station's Web site says Allen Heckard filed the suit against His Airness and Nike founder Phil Knight on June 29 in county court, claiming to have been mistaken for the basketball legend nearly every day for the past 15 years.

Courtesy KGW.com

And he's tired of it.

"I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me," Heckard reportedly said.

Heckard apparently is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury, emotional pain and suffering. He is suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan and making him one of the world's most famous athletes.

Heckard, who stands slightly taller than 6 feet, says many people miss the fact that he is roughly six inches shorter than Jordan.

But Heckard bears a physical resemblance to Jordan because he has a shaved head, an earring in his left ear, and is in good physical shape — from playing basketball.

"Even when I go to the gym I'm being accused of playing ball like him (Jordan)," Heckard said.

Wouldn't most people consider that a compliment?

"Yes, don't get me wrong it's definitely a positive thing, because Michael, like I say is one of the best ball players that I've known to play the game. But then again, that's Michael and I'm me. So I want to be recognized as me just like Michael's being recognized as Michael."

The television station apparently caught Heckard wearing blue Air Jordan tennis shoes.

Is Heckard trying to look like Jordan?

No.

"They're very comfortable shoes to play ball in," said Heckard. "I play a lot of basketball and any other shoes I try to play in tend to hurt the bottom of my feet."

What made Heckard decide to file suit against Jordan and Knight for $416 million each?

"Well, you figure with my age and you multiply that times seven and then I turn around and I figure that's what it all boils down to."
Old 07-08-06, 11:22 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Barry for Malik??? HAHAHA

Next it will be Manu for Ste Jackson...

No thanks, NY can have Mr Pumpfake 4 times then turn the ball over off my knee.

What the hell is up with this forum in the offseason?

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Old 07-08-06, 11:43 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Well when half the posts being started are almost illegible and lack any sense of grammatical syntax or logic, you're kind of stuck. It's those damn fanboy/homer glasses that seem to be getting everyone in trouble.

Chances are if they make enough dumb comments, they'll be laughed or flamed off the forum out of sheer embarassment. Let's all do our part.
Old 07-08-06, 12:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiallo1984
Well when half the posts being started are almost illegible and lack any sense of grammatical syntax or logic, you're kind of stuck. It's those damn fanboy/homer glasses that seem to be getting everyone in trouble.

Chances are if they make enough dumb comments, they'll be laughed or flamed off the forum out of sheer embarassment. Let's all do our part.

One thread about Rose is one thing, but the same stuff posted in two threads is a bit much.

Last edited by james_austintx; 07-08-06 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-08-06, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Seriously, there needs to be a rule. A poster should never be allowed to start more than one completely crazy thread per day. I think the guy who started this one started 4 completely illogical threads in the span of a couple hours...jesus.
Old 07-08-06, 01:40 PM
Mr. Brightside

too late