News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-08-06, 09:53 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Malik Rose 1995 revisited

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

Above you can see Malik Rose's very small contract left with the Knicks. I want one person on this board to tell me that that is too much money to pay Malik to start next to Tim. He would be a better starter than Bonner, Horry, or Oberto. And, Collins is a good high post player like Malik but not used to the Spurs system.

Isiah Thomas I am assuming could care less about Malik. He would love to have Scola, I just know it, and trading Barry and Scola, and if they had to Beno would get the job done.

Please guys and girls tell me if you think the Spurs have considered it considering how Malik on the team would have equaled a championship this year, BUT NOT LIKE HAVING NAZR DID IN 2005!!!!

A player like Malik, also more familiar to team than Collins, is vital now that Dallas has another way to hurt the Spurs with CROSHERE and Dirk now at Center position!

The Spurs could even use all the players I mentioned above to trade for Malik and Quentin RIchardson, who could be Manu's partner for the next few years ( yes he does not play defense I know and is overpaid )

BRENT BARRY HAS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME DAMN CONTRACT AND BRINGING HIM BACK IS AS BIGGER THAN WHEN SEAN ELLIOTT CAME BACK IN 1995 (based on Sean's game up until 1995 that is of course! )
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-06, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Good to see you here Wesley Person (going by your screen name).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-06, 10:10 AM
SpursReport Rookie

no I am not Wesley

this is random, but does anyone remember from 1995-1998 after every one of the dozens of 3's Chuck Person hit in the Alamodome they played the RIFLEMAN tv show theme?

I loved it. And, Robert Horry supposedly (this is not a lie) told someone when he came to the Spurs he was a big fan of Person and said he liked that they did that for him when he played with the Rockets vs. the Spurs. So, I do not know why the chose Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" for Robert this past year but they did. I guess that is what he chose to play, it just does not seem like Robert is a big fan of Skynrd (sorry I can't spell the name). Well, it represents his roots!!!

If they keep Eric Williams, who despite taking the year off is pretty solid actually, does anyone want the Spurs to go after Wesley Person or Charles Smith.

Yes, I am a loyalist living in the past, but I have heard that Wesley is still in shape and works out at Auburn waiting to be picked up. His defense does not matter when you are like Steve Kerr and do not know what it means to miss a three pointer, and Charles "Spider" Smith could play the role that Devin Brown did for Bruce Bowen.

Anyone who watched Charles Smith when he was here every game he played realizes that he would be a good short term Bowen back up.
Old 07-08-06, 10:16 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

While we're at it, why not go after Reggie Geary, Negele Knight, Derrick Dial, etc.
Old 07-08-06, 10:21 AM
SpursReport Rookie

you'r right

ro ro 50, I see your point. But, seriously I have always heard that Smith has healed from his injury to his hip, and he is as good as a defender as Devon Brown was. I ACTUALLY HAVE NBA LEAGUE PASS, AND TWICE SAW HIM SCORE ABOUT 10 + IN GARBAGE TIME WITH PORTLAND TWO YEARS AGO.

He looked very athletic to me. Melvin Sanders might be good. I honestly never saw him play. So, I am not just reliving the past for real
Old 07-08-06, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I dont think they would bring Charles Smith even though he didnt play that bad when he was here, I thought he was ok enough.

The Spurs are trying to get younger and since he is up there in age now, they could be looking for a younger alternative at the swing positions.

I saw Sanders play and while he's a hustler and is a rugged defender, his ceiling in terms of potential is not there.
Old 07-08-06, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

no to bringing malik back.

no th c.smith

no to sanders.
Old 07-08-06, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

SANDERS I NEVER SAW PLAY, SO I TAKE YOU GUY'S OPINION OF HIM. ALL I HEARD WAS HE TRIED HARD AND WAS SCRAPPY, WITH LITTLE SHOOTING ABILITY.

Smith is a hugh longshot, I just think he is better than you think since I actually saw him after he left the Spurs, and I just want him to get an invitation to training camp.

I think he could outwork Sanders and even Barry just for the hell of it, to make the team. Finally, I only mentioned Sanders since everyone says he is on the damn team next year again as a reserve.

A BARRY FOR MALIK TRADE IS A NO-BRAINER. HE SHOOTS AS GOOD AS COLLINS FROM 15 FEET AWAY WIDE OPEN AND OF COURSE BETTER THAN OBERTO. He has two damn years left. Did you see the link? The contracts are identical and Barry is easily replaceable.

They need Malik to beat Dallas in 5 games. Without Malik they will have to win in 6 . Croshere, Van Horn possibly?, and Dirk up front is a nightmare for Tim Duncan and Horry on defense. Malik would not help that, but he would at least counter the roster Avery had this year.
Old 07-08-06, 11:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Barry for Malik??? HAHAHA

Next it will be Manu for Ste Jackson...

No thanks, NY can have Mr Pumpfake 4 times then turn the ball over off my knee.

What the hell is up with this forum in the offseason?

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Old 07-08-06, 11:33 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Malik did well with hustle not so much skill. Now two, three years later he cant rely on his athletisim like in the past. We need young legs to go with Parker and Ginobili. Bring back Zarko Pasplj!!!!
Old 07-08-06, 11:36 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Malik again?

Let....It....GO
Old 07-08-06, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

sweet home was played because Horry went to bama. Both person's went to auburn and chuck (i believed played with barkley)
Old 07-08-06, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Are you suggesting we trade the rights to Scola and Barry for Rose? Are you saying we should trade Bonner, Horry, Oberto, Scola, and Barry for Malik Rose and Quintin Richardson? Are you serious?

I wouldn't trade all those guys for Malik Rose 1995, let alone Malik Rose 2006-7. Really, he had a nice run and every once in a while he had a good game, but he is too old and too short and too past his prime to contribute what we need. As much as I like Malik as a person, he is not the answer to our problems and nothing short of ridiculous to give up so many players for him and Richardson. Did you see those guys play last year? They were terrible. No way we make such foolish trades.
Old 07-08-06, 12:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

rifleman, stop double-posting.
Old 07-08-06, 12:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

If it was Malik 1995 revisted, it would have been the Drexel version of him. :>
Old 07-08-06, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

23.6 mil over 3 years for a player who avg. 4.4 pts and 3.6 Rbs PG. last year?
No.
Old 07-08-06, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
Just looking at those salaries illustrates why Isaiah Thomas is such an idiot.

Contracts exceeding $6,000,000 per year:

Spurs: 3 (Duncan, Parker, Ginobili)
Knicks: 11
very true....and the good players are the ones with the less $$$