News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-26-06, 11:54 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

League rumors

Rumors abound!
Should be an interesting off-season in the NBA.

If consummated as expected, the Atlanta Hawks would draft Brandon Roy with the #5 pick in the draft and then trade his rights to the Houston Rockets in return for the rights to Shelden Williams (drafted 8th) and Luther Head.

A source within the league said the Sixers have spoken to the Boston Celtics, checking to see whether the Celtics have interest in Allen Iverson. In another rumor Iverson is headed to the Atlanta Hawks.

But the big deal floating around is Iverson to the Boston Celtics, Boozer to the 76ers and Szczerbiak to the Utah Jazz. Utah seems to have its eyes on Szczerbiak and Memphis' Miller. Boozer also is rumored in a deal with the Grizzlies, who would deal just about anyone not named Pau Gasol. Utah dangling Carlos Boozer and/or Gordan Giricek and its No. 14 pick to move up to get a shooter.

Although the Raptors already made a trade for Rasho Nesterovic, they're in the middle of numerous discussions because they seem to want to trade down to take Andrea Bargnani, whom they could get much lower. Plus, it would put additional pressure on Bargnani to be No. 1 and not be ready for the NBA.
The Raptors are said to be willing to take on the Bucks' Magloire, who doesn't have a big market because he is going into his last season of his contract. He wants to return to his native Canada, so the Raptors could get a home-country discount.
The Raptors are said to be willing to deal Villanueva because they can draft Bargnani, but supposedly are insisting on point guard Ford. There has also been the talk of swapping picks with Charlotte to give the Bobcats and Michael Jordan No. 1--which didn't work out well for Jordan in Washington in 2001--for Brevin Knight and then taking Bargnani at No. 3.

Another rumor in the NBA is that the Timberwolves are talking to the Denver Nuggets about a trade that would bring forward Kenyon Martin to Minnesota for Marko Jaric and somebody else, maybe Ricky Davis.
A source confirmed the Sonics would like to move forward Danny Fortson, who asked to be traded after the season.

Rumors are the Sonics and Phoenix Suns are working on a trade that may involve Lewis and Shawn Marion, as well as Seattle exchanging the No. 10 pick for the Suns' No. 27. Other trade rumors have the Sonics dealing Ray Allen to Toronto in exchange for the No. 1 overall pick and a handful of players.

The Clippers are hopeful Radmanovic would return for the midlevel exception of about $5 million, and they want to extend the contract of the 7-foot Kaman, who averaged 11.9 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.38 blocked shots in a career-best season. Re-signing Cassell for one year fits with the team's salary-cap strategy, sources said.

As expected, Jeff McInnis picked up his $3.6 million option, but likely won't return. If the Nets can't trade McInnis -- they're trying -- they could buy him out or pay him and tell him to stay away from the team, as they did during the playoffs.

Rumor that the Hawks have promised to draft Shelden Williams with the #5 pick. This is fueled by the fact that Williams has “shut it down” and refused all workouts since the 3rd of June, when he worked out for the Boston Celtics.

The Bulls appear to have settled on LSU forward Tyrus Thomas as their choice with the second pick of Wednesday’s NBA draft.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-06, 12:09 PM

I don't think Tyrus Thomas is right for Chicago.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-06, 12:19 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Other reports have the Bulls packaging Chandler, Ben Gordon and the No. 2 pick to the Wolves for Garnett or to the Pacers for O'Neal.
Old 06-26-06, 12:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow! Now that would be major!
Old 06-26-06, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente
Other reports have the Bulls packaging Chandler, Ben Gordon and the No. 2 pick to the Wolves for Garnett or to the Pacers for O'Neal.
Garnett maybe, but O'neal no :op
Old 06-26-06, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

whatis IMO?
Old 06-26-06, 12:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

ooh, amente and jamesR have some differences to settle as to what IMHO is... H = ?
Old 06-26-06, 12:39 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9
ooh, amente and jamesR have some differences to settle as to what IMHO is... H = ?

It's Humble.
Old 06-26-06, 12:42 PM

For some reason, I always thought H=honest
Old 06-26-06, 12:50 PM
Mr. Brightside

but how does this help US?...........could these trade rumors work us in there any way?

Last edited by spUrpenguin3000; 06-26-06 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-26-06, 12:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo_radley
For some reason, I always thought H=honest
me too.
Old 06-26-06, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wait how does what help us? If there are significant things afoot, then certain doors close and others open. Keeping abreast of what is or could be happening is significant.
Old 06-26-06, 12:55 PM

Right, some here have lobbied for K-mart and Vlad the Impaler, so if they are traded or re-signed then those options go away.
Old 06-26-06, 01:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The bulls would be nasty if they netted garnette with Thomas alongside. Skiles would have those two swatting shots.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 06-26-06, 01:32 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
The bulls would be nasty if they netted garnette with Thomas alongside. Skiles would have those two swatting shots.
Quote:
If the Bulls got KG, they wouldn't be able to get Thomas in the draft, becuase they would deal that pick. The Bulls would also loose thier best player Gordon, a player who has been huge in the clutch for them, and hit huge shots in the playoffs with the game on the line.

KG on the other hand, since he is a horrible leader, might not be what the Bulls need. And even though KG is a better player then Gordon, he has never been as clutch as Ben has been. KG usually chokes in pressure situations, can't seem to take over the game in crunch time, and in my opinion, only got out of the first round thank to Sam Cassell not himself.

I think that trade would make the Bulls worse then they currently are, KG might put up some gaudy numbers, but as a team leader is a complete bust. Gordon is a better leader then KG is IMO.
Old 06-26-06, 01:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo spur
If the Bulls got KG, they wouldn't be able to get Thomas in the draft, becuase they would deal that pick. The Bulls would also loose thier best player Gordon, a player who has been huge in the clutch for them, and hit huge shots in the playoffs with the game on the line.

KG on the other hand, since he is a horrible leader, might not be what the Bulls need. And even though KG is a better player then Gordon, he has never been as clutch as Ben has been. KG usually chokes in pressure situations, can't seem to take over the game in crunch time, and in my opinion, only got out of the first round thank to Sam Cassell not himself.

I think that trade would make the Bulls worse then they currently are, KG might put up some gaudy numbers, but as a team leader is a complete bust. Gordon is a better leader then KG is IMO.
I would love to see KG throw a punch to Nocioni...he will get
Old 06-26-06, 01:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Here's the link...but I would take most of this with a grain of salt...its a Sam Smith article.

link
Old 06-26-06, 02:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
they're in the middle of numerous discussions because they seem to want to trade down to take Andrea Bargnani, whom they could get much lower. Plus, it would put additional pressure on Bargnani to be No. 1 and not be ready for the NBA.
told ya
Old 06-26-06, 10:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

KG is overrated and always has been IMO. The Wolves should unload him and his obscene contract while they can.

He puts up numbers, but so do a lot of other guys in the league. Big whoop.

I'd like to see Iverson in Atlanta. That would rock, and the ATL would fully embrace him. But, it would be a stupid long term move for the Hawks, who have made a string of stupid moves beginning with trading 'Nique to the Clippers, one of the all-time bonehead moves. The franchise has never recovered.
Old 06-26-06, 10:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Rumors are the Sonics and Phoenix Suns are working on a trade that may involve Lewis and Shawn Marion,
Why would the Suns let Marion get away? This sounds like crazy talk.
Old 06-26-06, 10:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden
some say to have cap space next year to resign diaw.. not sure..
Old 06-26-06, 10:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden

don't think they will, updated info on this from various sources

D'antoni on KTAR tonight local Phx radio
-Marion is one of the best players in the league, people call about Shawn because he is one of the best in the NBA.
- They listen, but it is never enough.
- They calls about Nash too but I ask them if they can offer more than the MVP?
- We may have a money problem in a few years but we'll deal with that then...It's not my money. I don't worry about it
- "I can't imagine an NBA championship team (here I assume) without Shawn Marion."

Per ESPN Insider:
Finally, it's time to put to bed one rumor: The deal had the Sonics sending the No. 10 pick, Rashard Lewis and Danny Fortson to the Suns for Shawn Marion and the No. 27 pick.

Sources in both Seattle and Phoenix told me the rumor was totally bogus. While there has been some discussion about the Suns moving up to get No. 10, I'm told by both sides that Lewis and Marion never entered the conversation.

But here's what makes this deal fall apart. Fortson sued Suns chairman Jerry Colangelo for calling him a "thug" after Fortson hammered Zarko Cabarkapa on a layup.

Fortson lost the case, but I can pretty much guarantee you that Fortson will never wear a Suns uniform or have his contract bought out by Phoenix.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...6suns0626.html

Draft spurs rumors of Marion deal
Payroll squeeze inspires speculation Suns deny

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 26, 2006 12:00 AM

There could be several trades during Wednesday's NBA draft, and if the rumor mill were gospel, Suns All-Star Shawn Marion would be involved in each one.

The annual Marion trade rumor season has opened, especially with the Suns openly wishing they could move up in the draft to get an impact rookie rather than prospects with the 21st and 27th picks.

In recent days, reports have mentioned talk of a deal sending Marion to Chicago for Tyson Chandler and the Bulls' No. 2 pick, according to the (Racine, Wis.) Journal Times, and the "very close" conclusion of a deal sending Marion to Seattle, possibly with Leandro Barbosa, for Rashard Lewis, Danny Fortson and a swap of two first-round picks (according to draftexpress.com). Seattle sits at No. 10 in the draft.

Suns officials deny the reports, but there is no denying the payroll predicament.

Phoenix's team payroll would be at about $61 million for next season without re-signing free agent Tim Thomas. The luxury tax threshold, a dollar-for-dollar penalty that Managing Partner Robert Sarver would prefer not to cross, is projected to be about $63 million next year. A season later (2007-08), long-term contract extensions for Barbosa and Boris Diaw could start and drive the payroll up at least $12 million.

As Phoenix's top-paid player, Marion would make $15.1 million, $16.4 million and $17.2 million in the next three seasons. Lewis makes $16 million less over those three years.

At season's end, Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said he would listen to offers but that Marion would stay. That remains likely.
Old 06-26-06, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
As Phoenix's top-paid player, Marion would make $15.1 million, $16.4 million and $17.2 million in the next three seasons. Lewis makes $16 million less over those three years.

I didn't know he made that much. Except for how bad Bruce made him look last year, I'd say he earns it, though.
Old 06-27-06, 06:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

that KG deal with chicago has been postulated here in chicago by local espn personalties since January or so.

Exactly as mentioned, cept then it was just to package 1 or both of the picks when both looked to be lottery picks.
Old 06-27-06, 08:40 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Another day, another Bulls rumor

June 27, 2006

BY BRIAN HANLEY Staff Reporter

The rumor mill is in full gear as Wednesday's NBA draft draws near.

A report on draftexpress.com on Monday said the Bulls were working on a trade that would send guard Chris Duhon and the team's second first-round pick (No. 16) to the Boston Celtics for the No. 7 pick.

Neither Bulls general manager John Paxson nor Duhon was available for comment Monday, but a team source said that deal, though enticing, is not going to happen.

The source also said the Bulls have yet to decide what they will do with their picks, which include the No. 2 selection. Texas forward LaMarcus Aldridge, LSU forward Tyrus Thomas, Washington guard Brandon Roy and Gonzaga forward Adam Morrison have been to the Berto Center for predraft workouts.

Duhon would have to approve a trade because the Bulls matched a three-year, $9 million offer sheet the Toronto Raptors tendered to Duhon when he was a restricted free agent last summer.

According to other reports, the Celtics are talking to the Philadelphia 76ers about a deal that would send Allen Iverson to Boston, while the Houston Rockets and Atlanta Hawks are talking trade.

The latter rumor has the Hawks drafting Roy with the No. 5 pick, then sending him to the Rockets for Duke forward Shelden Williams, whom Houston would draft at No. 8, and former Illinois guard Luther Head. The deal would be predicated on both Roy and Williams being available at those spots.

Roy was in Houston on Saturday to work out for the Rockets, a session he was unable to finish after complaining of a pulled hamstring. He also reportedly canceled a trip to Charlotte to work out for Michael Jordan and the Bobcats.

Roy is represented by Arn Tellem, also the agent for Aldridge and Williams. Tellem reportedly has said that three teams among the top eight in the draft have promised they will take his clients.

The Bulls have made no such promise to Tellem or any other agent, according to those in the know.
Old 06-27-06, 08:46 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito
KG is overrated and always has been IMO. The Wolves should unload him and his obscene contract while they can.
Can 20-10-5 ever be overrated?
Old 06-27-06, 09:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
A report on draftexpress.com on Monday said the Bulls were working on a trade that would send guard Chris Duhon and the team's second first-round pick (No. 16) to the Boston Celtics for the No. 7 pick.
Bulls with picks #2 and #7?
Old 06-27-06, 10:18 AM

Right!?!